• Low Frame Rates
    • Default Vector scenery
    • CTD-OOM errors
    • Stutters
    • Scenery blurries
    • No sun reflection on Cockpit as shadows
    • All of them

Hello guys,

We always love to fly FSX with all excitement but somehow it gets ruined by some of the unavoidable things in FSX

So most of us with not so good computers and wanting to get maximium realism are normally turned off by few things in FSX?

What are yours? What part of FSX you hate the most?

Fsx is literally impossible to balace performance VS quality

So here are few things that you might not like about FSX

1y329d.jpg

Hello guys,

We always love to fly FSX with all excitement but somehow it gets ruined by some of the unavoidable things in FSX

So most of us with not so good computers and wanting to get maximium realism are normally turned off by few things in FSX?

What are yours? What part of FSX you hate the most?

Fsx is literally impossible to balace performance VS quality

So here are few things that you might not like about FSX

Install the DX10 patch and most of those items listed will be a thing of the past.

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️

Two missing from the list: Crazy ATC that doesn't do what ATC should do. AI that's unaware of the player's position, so they'll happily ram straight into you both in the air and on the ground.

CTD, especially when flying some complex addon airliners I never know if I will make it to my destination, though most of the time I do.

Also default scenery turns me off pretty much, thankfully now I don't have to watch boring repeating landscape from the cockpit so much anymore as I got FSAltitude Western Europe product which covers whole Europe with low resolution photoreal textures, looks really nice from cruising altitude and also still allows me to see default terrain during approach / landing.

Install the DX10 patch and most of those items listed will be a thing of the past.

I have seen no major changes with DX-10(patched)

1y329d.jpg

Most of the problems I've had from FSX comes from addons. When running a stock FSX the only real bug I've had is the logbook that suddenly stops recording flights after I did some clening up. It runs fine on my current computer, and I managed fine on an ancient AMD 1400MHz computer when it was released. I'm just one of those people who don't loose sleep over not being able to move every slider to the right.

Sure there is room for improvement, but overall FSX is a good step forward from FS2004 with exceptional value and playability if you're interested in aviation and the geography of the world. The only thing I lament is that Microsoft shut down ACES in 2009 and ended the development that would have ended up as FS11. That was a bitter pill to swallow, and I'm still grumpy about having to find a new hobby after 20+ years as a simmerhead.

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

When everything is perfect and the sim runs flawlessly and life is good and then I get tempted to try some new cool addon and then it f...s everything up and I have to figure out what went wrong again. And this happens over and over and over and over again.

That's what I hate about FSX!! :wacko: but at the same time I love fiddling around with this sim and learning new things, so I guess It's a Love and Hate relationship for me..

You're screwed then... I guess you found another turn off.

:LMAO:

Just the default scenery, no problems with anything else.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

I picked all of them because we really need a whole new, well done flight sim instead of this old thing that needs expensive addons which continuously induces more issues.

I picked all of them because we really need a whole new, well done flight sim instead of this old thing that needs expensive addons which continuously induces more issues.

Agreed..

1y329d.jpg

Well, a new sim would be nice but I think we will always need the 3party devs to enchance the sim, there is no way a company can manage to create the whole world i high detail making all the planes we want, that would take years for them. And I also think If someones makes it, I'm sure there will be flaws in that new perfect sim too.

I'm not really sure If I want a new sim yet, thinking on all the money I have spent on FSX enhanceing the world and then start over again buying the same scenery... :wacko:

Two missing from the list: Crazy ATC that doesn't do what ATC should do. AI that's unaware of the player's position, so they'll happily ram straight into you both in the air and on the ground.

I agree. Both the AI and the ATC is completely unrealistic and infact totally useless. Its the worst part of FSX for me

vatsim s3

1133704.png