Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

AS2012 SP2! Beta #4 is now available

Hi guys love what you're doing with ASE 2012!

One suggestion if I could offer it;

When you pass clouds could you guys code the engine in such a way they don't just disappear when the program loads up the data from the next weather station? If it could meld the previous cloud formation into the new one say 30nm away? Kind of kills the immersion when you're flying through some cool cloud formations and then pop they all disappear :( I have my download interval set at 10minutes.

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Kind of kills the immersion when you're flying through some cool cloud formations and then pop they all disappear

The Smooth Cloud Transitions depiction mode goes a long way toward eliminating that. It looks like that even with DWC it will do something similar at times, with clouds fading in or out, so I think they're already heading in that direction.

It'll be nice when we get to the point where there are no depiction modes, just one method that works in all cases, and the only options needed would be to improve performance on marginal systems. No one's gotten there yet, although some may claim to.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Is this normal?

Wow that was cool! I was departing once from an airport in a Seminole (already IFR - iirc probably close to 2 mi viz) when the end of the 4000' runway started to disappear (fog moving in).

Your pic looks a little like something out of the movie "The Fog". :smile:

One suggestion if I could offer it;

I don't know if this has been brought up before (apologies in advance if so)...

Would be primo if the two profiles could be combined... High Altitude / IFR with Low Altitude Standard. Where Low would be applicable to T/C and again at T/D.... or based on an altitude say e.g. 18'000' (Hi profile above, Low below). But given the way it is selected (before AS loads) I reckon a "profile switch on the fly" does not appear possible. Just a thought...

There is something that doesn't convince me after Beta 3 and 4. First of all the 2 pictures I attached 4 posts above. Second, look at the first 2 screenshots below, where the decoded textual weather doesn't say the same thing as the METAR concerning cloud coverage:

Finally the last 2 screenshots. Why do I have wind from 358 degrees (see wind vector on the Nav Display) when the METAR says 283 degrees at 6000 ft? During the whole descent from FL 330 the wind vector was steady at 358° while the METARS reported different directions around 300° or less. I use DWC.

James Goggi

Uhm, I was using "Create additional stations" and "Enhance route coverage". Now I have deselected them and things look much better... I am flying as I write...

James Goggi

There is something that doesn't convince me after Beta 3 and 4. First of all the 2 pictures I attached 4 posts above. Second, look at the first 2 screenshots below, where the decoded textual weather doesn't say the same thing as the METAR concerning cloud coverage:

Finally the last 2 screenshots. Why do I have wind from 358 degrees (see wind vector on the Nav Display) when the METAR says 283 degrees at 6000 ft? During the whole descent from FL 330 the wind vector was steady at 358° while the METARS reported different directions around 300° or less. I use DWC.

I am getting the exact same problems considering the METAR and the decoded weather. Especially when the vis is 4000m or less.

Concerning the wind from 358 degrees, as I had already written but erased following the forum software problems, I found out that it is tied to having selected the feature "ATC wind lock", that locks the arrival airport wind. Therefore that is not a bug.I still have the problem of the weather description (and depiction?) not matching the METAR, though.

James Goggi

Concerning the wind from 358 degrees, as I had already written but erased following the forum software problems, I found out that it is tied to having selected the feature "ATC wind lock", that locks the arrival airport wind. Therefore that is not a bug.I still have the problem of the weather description (and depiction?) not matching the METAR, though.

Me to.

I got a response from the official help site. I guess uncheck the fog layer generation. I recently flew a flight into a foggy area and the weather description and depiction were the same. It should fix the problem.

Alright just posting some screen shots regarding the ex cyclone dumping huge amounts of rain and generating tornadoes along the east cost of Australia at the moment.

I flew out of YSSY this afternoon to YBCS.

WEATHER RADAR

sydney04.jpg

ASE 2012

sydney05.jpg

Alright I cleared the clouds about FL120

COCKPIT

sydneyl.jpg

LEFT WING

sydney01.jpg

FRONT OF LEFT WING

sydney02.jpg

PLANE VIEW

sydney03.jpg

Interesting line in the weather, might be something to look at?

Enjoy!

Running i5-9600K @ 4.8ghz - 32GB DDR4 3200mhz - GTX 3070.

Is there a way to get the screen back when you boot up AS2012 that gives you the High Altitude / Low Altitude etc... options? I accidentally checked it to not show it again.

Is there a way to get the screen back when you boot up AS2012 that gives you the High Altitude / Low Altitude etc... options? I accidentally checked it to not show it again.

In Wx Options there is a checkbox, somewhere in the upper left part of the AS2012 windows, saying something about it. I do not have access to it right now, but I recall the first tab of the options.

Alright just posting some screen shots regarding the ex cyclone dumping huge amounts of rain and generating tornadoes along the east cost of Australia at the moment.

I flew out of YSSY this afternoon to YBCS.

sydney03.jpg

Interesting line in the weather, might be something to look at?

I have discovered this line in the weather, too. I saw them in regularly intervalls.

Patric

I used to have it but no longer. Do you guys have Local Sattion Writes with DWC, or prevent cloud redraws selected by any chance?

Hello is there going to be an AS2013? Im moving over from REX but I dont wont to sink £32 and then a weeks later a new version pops up and i have to purchase again

Flying Tigers Group

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg