Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

AS2012 SP2! Beta #4 is now available

Hi all,

If I want to fly from Amsterdam to London and I'll ask AS2012 to Install Themes based on weather conditions, why is it Building Tropical Water theme's?

There's only the North Sea between these countries and that one is far from tropical ;-)

regards,

Nico

Because it is based on weather conditions not locations.,

Because it is based on weather conditions not locations.,

Understood. Thank you Jim,

This proces is taking a long time, so maybe there is some room for improvement here.

regards,

Nico

Hi NIko,

You can disable the tropical and water generation in the install option, this will prevent you to install water which take time, the wx influenced are mostly for clouds and sky and wave, Once you like a tropical or water, you can disable them, it will increase lots of time.

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

This proces is taking a long time,

I don't know if this will work or not, but if you go to the custom graphics settings and uncheck tropical waters, it may not try to build them. Creating the tropical water texture is what takes most of the time.

Edit: Ninja'd by the developer! :D :D

Larry Hookins

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I'm planning to purchase AS 2012 as soon as my new computer is finished being built next week.

As a new user, is SP1 & SP2 included in the new download, or do I still need to install both of them separately?

If I have to install a SP, do I have to install both SPs or just SP2 ?

Thanks.

Pete Locascio

Please note, SP2 is in beta. You will have to download it separately.

I am also pretty sure SP2 includes SP1 fixes - it always was that way at HiFi Sim.

Hi,

When there is fog at the ground it looks perfect. However, when taking off, as soon as I rise above the fog the ground becomes completely visible...

I use VATSIM weather, Wx influenced grahics and Smooth Cloud Transitions as Depiction Mode.

Do I miss a certain setting?

regards,

Nico Kaan

In real life, fog can be a very thin layer at or near ground level. Get above the fog and, depending on the fog density and thickness, you can see the ground directly below you, it's only when you are in the fog that all you see is fog. Also, I think FSX has real limitations on how accurately it can create effects such as fog. I've seen this before, lining up on final, then boom! You're in fog.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

In real life, fog can be a very thin layer at or near ground level. Get above the fog and, depending on the fog density and thickness, you can see the ground directly below you, it's only when you are in the fog that all you see is fog. Also, I think FSX has real limitations on how accurately it can create effects such as fog. I've seen this before, lining up on final, then boom! You're in fog.

In real life, I have been in a General Aviation Aircraft many times, but as soon as you rise above the fog (or the low hanging clouds) you cannot see the ground...At least not in our (maybe rather wet) country.... ;-)

Got strange tempratures,

The ground temprature on LEMD(Mardid) was +10c after take off at 8000ft it was +25c degrees.

I got the same yesterday in EDDM (Munich) ground temprature was +2c after take off around FL100 it was +15 degrees.

Looks strange...

Today i had the same problem with Beta #3

Fly out LEMD to the north at FL250 the TAT stays at -10. After push the refresh button in comes back to normal like-22.

I make a lot of flights most of the time i got no problems. Maybe it is a station near the north of LEMD.

Thanks

If you can reproduce a problem with temperatures, please provide details on how to reproduce. We've had confirmation by many users that the earlier temperature problem we had introduced in 4722 was solved by 4724. So this may be something else. Thanks for any details.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Today I made a flight from KATL to KDCA together with a friend with ASE.

I have AS2012 Build 4726.

Our winds aloft were very different. He had up to 100 and I had only up to 40 kts.

Just checked a flight from DEN to IAD were winds aloft should be about 100 AS2012 gives me just 60.

I am using DWC.

New day, new try. Is it just me? EDDH winds aloft from northern directions but actually there should be wind from south according to weather charts.