Sign in to follow this  
Damian Clark

AS2012 SP2! Beta #4 is now available

It will overwrite the existent FSX folder texture, if each categories section are enabled in the install option, in this case it is the clouds, the issue you got before is related to the texture been too much hard which don't represent stratus clouds.

Got it Chris, thank you! :P

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

It is possible when your settings are correct.

When giving an answer please be so kind to give also which settings and clouds used or an advise instead of a general one.

It would be more helpful and yes have read the manual lol hence have been here since the first version ;-)

Cheers,

André

André

When giving an answer please be so kind to give also which settings and clouds used or an advise instead of a general one.

It would be more helpful and yes have read the manual lol hence have been here since the first version ;-)

Cheers,

André

Make sure CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=12. That has given me "believable" overcast layers over the years when Active Sky is reporting overcast. Other than that, it's pretty straight forward. The new overcast option has helped a bit for me.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

After SP2 I chose to upgrade my old Active Sky Evolution to AS2012 because of these promising new features & and the fact that I wanted to experience proper turbulence and winds aloft that OPUS doesn't at the moment include.

So far I have been impressed, this reduced visibility in cloud layers has made overcast conditions way better than it was in Active Sky Evolution.

Make sure CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=12. That has given me "believable" overcast layers over the years when Active Sky is reporting overcast. Other than that, it's pretty straight forward. The new overcast option has helped a bit for me.

I tried all the settings suggested in past posts on this forum, including this one, when I was trying to get a solid overcast display in Beta SP2. But none of them fixed my clearing to broken to scattered overcast problem. I now know my overcast problem was that the Beta SP2 wx was apparently not updating properly after the initial accurate wx was displayed (see messages 52 to 54).

Yesterday, on a fun flight (using ASE) to PAKT, I tried this setting to see if it would help make my ASE broken overcast more solid and darker, more like I saw on the live PAKT-area airport Webcams. It did!

What I saw from my cockpit looked almost exactly like what I saw on the PAKT-area Webcams. Not only were the broken holes smaller, but the clouds were darker, just like the real ones shown on the Webcams.

This aircraft.cfg setting tweak should be added to both the ASE and AS 2012 documentation, as I assume it will similarly improve the cloud-display realism for at least some of us, like me. It sure made a qualitative improvement in ASE for me.

I will confirm that this increased realism is true in AS 2012 as soon as the bug-fix beta SP2 file is released for testing.

Howard Sodja

Damian

2 questions:

I have Active sky evolution. Sorry for my stupid questions here as I haven't been over to AS site for months, mainly due to my first point below, so in short help me out.

1) I have never been able to upgrade as I have not been able to purchase a DVD copy. Living in africa, limited access, I just cannot download that kind of files. have this ever been addressed. At the time many months ago we also could only get the discount for the download version. I am still very much interested in getting back to use your weather (AS2012) and especially the new SP2, but for the life of me, I do not have resources to download gig's and gigs of data.

2) Have AS2012 or SP2 ever been able to resolve the "fog" issue of being in fog one moment and out of fog next moment. I know this is fsx, but there were some people being able to address it by adding some cloud layer around "fog" so that you always get that better transition from fog to clear area. Again this is a very personal preference to have good "fog" depiction.

regards

AS people mind to answer this ?

AS people mind to answer this ?

We understand there is a need for DVD versions of the product and we are working on it. There are many factors involved in this and we are doing our best but it may take some time yet.

We have improved fog layer generation and visibility depiction in AS2012 and yes we depict a low cloud layer (stratus if chosen, which is preferred) when vis is less than 3SM. If you are flying in standard or smooth cloud transitions mode and you transit at surface altitudes (i.e. 1500ft AGL) between areas of vastly different visibility conditions and you are outside the clouds, there will be visibility shifts. In DWC mode visibility transitions are smoothed and in SP2 we also now have improved IMC depiction and visibility reduction in cloud to further improve things here.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

I can attest to the better IMC depiction with DWC in SP2. Seems every dang flight now I am on IMC conditions on the climb and descent. Flying east coast of US now in winter with SP2 is a lot better.

Eric 

Yes, in addition, I stick with the 1024 clouds and max out the CLOUD_COVERAGE_DENSITY=8 to 12 in FSX.cfg. That´s really OC !

Got strange tempratures,

The ground temprature on LEMD(Mardid) was +10c after take off at 8000ft it was +25c degrees.

I got the same yesterday in EDDM (Munich) ground temprature was +2c after take off around FL100 it was +15 degrees.

Looks strange...

If you fly online make sure to disable the SB4/Ivap weather !

Thanks, it was already off

Hi all,

Very good work...

I've got an problem with my AI traffic and my atc control, i use My traffic 2013 and pro atc x when i'm doing a flight and when i take off, i often have my traffic take off front of me and when i land it's the same thing. The difference is the wind at departure is front of my plane but at arrival it's always behind me. These problems appear since i update AS2012 from Sp1 to Sp2 beta, never have this problem before, what option can i check in AS2012 ?

Thanks in advance

Frédéric Giraud