Sign in to follow this  
DarkstarF16

Traffic 360 out!

I know nothing about this and am just wondering if anyone has tried it?

http://www.justflight.com/product/traffic-360-download?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Just+Flight+Traffic+360+all+versions&utm_content=Just+Flight+Traffic+360+all+versions+CID_3649ad8cf92960656d2b91831fec0c13&utm_source=cm&utm_term=Just%20Flight

I'm a happy user of UT2 apart from the dreaded Daedalus models lol so was wondering if anyone knows what this offers and how it performs without starting a mine is bigger and better than yours debate.

Oops please delete I posted in the wrong place stoopid phone!!!

Me actually, I blame the wine.

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "The Microsoft Flight Forum" to "MS FSX Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.

Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

And...feedback from anyone on how this compares to ut2 so far...?

Alex Malek

i7 - 8700k, 4.3Ghz

Nvidia RTX 2070

Win 10

Installed... run for a bit... uninstalled (and I rarely uninstall anything once it's on). Did I give it a fair go? Probably not. And I'll probably have another try at some point. I'll stick with their Traffic X for the time being, which is adequate enough for my purposes.

I just picked this up earlier today and like it so far. I can't compare it to UT2 or any of the other traffic programs since I'm pretty much a newbie with FSX and the World of Add-Ons. My adventures in Air Hauler feel more immersive (flying around Hawaii) and so far there has been way more traffic than vanilla (my settings sit at about 66% for both sets of air traffic) including Navy and military service flights, helicopters, local airlines all with proper liveries/names that give the sim just that extra dose of 'cool'. I haven't had/noticed some of the problems like floating vehicles or cargo hatches left open on take-off...guess I'm too busy trying to get in line to taxii and get out of Dodge :) Good impression, but given my newbness, your mileage may vary. :)

Kind regards,

Dave

Hi Maurice, to be honest I've not had any hits to FPS with T360 running- it was very smooth. The only slight stutter I get is when REX injects weather. I don't have an uber PC either (nVidia 460, i7 w/ 6 G ram). Only other add-ons are GEX Tropical, Orbx PNW, JF DC3, JF Lockheed Model 10, and GAS Lockheed Model 12.

I'm interested in comparisons between Traffic 360 and Ultimate Traffic 2 as well. I am using UT2, but hate all the aircraft wearing Daedalus paint jobs and the lack of military and helicopter traffic. UT2 is better than stock, but it still leaves much to be desired, at least for me.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

I am using UT2, but hate all the aircraft wearing Daedalus paint jobs

I agree with you on that, I just select the option to disable them in the settings and turn up my traffic slider to make up for the dip in traffic. I get plenty of lovely real traffic with UT2 and no Daedalus...

I've used UT2, MTX 5.3 and now just purchased Traffic 360. I've only completed one flight with it VFR in Colorado with the RA Turbine Duke from and to uncontrolled fields. However, just after loading I checked out SEA and LAS with no apparent problem. Traffic is well placed and FPS impact doesn't appear to be any problem; however I have a high-end machine and don't pay much attention to FPS.

It comes with a 56-page manual ant the thing I like the best is Air Carrier, Military and GA is where they should be. In short, this is a plug-and-play operation and it works just fine for me. The reason I don't use UT2 is the lack of military. By the way, it also has some realistic AI and environment sounds.

I have no regrets so far and recommend if your desires are similar to mine.

Upward & Onward,

Les Parson

I agree with you on that, I just select the option to disable them in the settings and turn up my traffic slider to make up for the dip in traffic. I get plenty of lovely real traffic with UT2 and no Daedalus...

I just turned off the Daedalus aircraft, but the slider for commercial traffic is already set to 100%, general aviation traffic set at 50%. I'll see how I like it, but previously there was a lot of Daedalus traffic at places like Lynden-Pindling International (Nassau, Bahamas) and just a few real airline paint jobs around the terminal.

Still looking forward to reading reviews and comparisons of Traffic 360.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

Hello all,

I own and tried every option for traffic... Most recently and still installed is Traffic360. Which has some issues. In addition I am still playing with settings. Traffic360 needs to fix a couple of issues.

One, the correct wing span for all aircraft. I read this is being worked on.

Two would be the aircraft liveries. I see Jet Blue but only the RedSox livery and SWA seems to operate mainly 737-500.

Three, is an issue I have seen a couple of times. It's the delay of traffic taxing for deaparture.

Four, is no matter what setting I use, I find traffic at almost every parking position.Cargo parking positions will have commercial airlines parking in them. Additionally, I will use SWA as an example. At SWA gates you will have many other airlines parked at them. It seems they did not set the correct information in the config files. I could be worn and just need to play with the program more. But Traffic360 is definitely not "turn key" so to speak.

With that said and hopefully these issues will be fixed sometime soon it would be a very good option for traffic in FSX.

Comparison to UT2, the eye candy and models in UT2 are by far better. I have noticed issues with UT2 one is the lack of certain heavies flying around. I have purchased all their schedules which I have to say I was not to thrilled about. I also like the fact they have configured the aircraft configs correctly. You will get SWA aircraft at SWA gates etc... I could not for the life of me get Virgin America working. The lack of Cargo and other smaller airlines is a shame. No military or helicopters and other GA flying around.

With all that said.. It all boils down to "you", and what you like. Like I said in an earlier post, I wish they would all get together and have a baby..! Then we would have traffic heaven. :)

Hope you all have a great weekend...

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

Thanks for the comparison, guess I'll keep UT2, at least for a little while longer.

Replacing daudelus aircraft is easy with the ut interface once you learn how to manually install repaints. Military ai packages can also be added to ut. I like ut because its the only ai program where the ai flies real routes rather than direct gps routes