Sign in to follow this  
SteveLewis

Editvoicepack Error Message

I've been at FS for a long time but this is a new error code in Editvoicepack to me (If this goes in another Forum, Moderator please move it):

I imported a bunch of MAIW voicepacks today and got the following error: "Cannot create a file when that file already exists." I've gone thru the process three times now and get the same error every time. There are no duplicates in the pack when I try to update my voicepack in the FAA and accelerated method.

Steve Lewis

Hi Steve,

Check this link - http://www.editvoicepack.com/readme.html#ToC38 and look in the Troubleshooting section near the bottom of the link.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

And, I read the Troubleshooting guide, too. I'm just gettin' old, I suppose. Thanx.

Steve

Unfortunately, I can not restore the file. Should I follow the directions when it says:

"In case you experience any problems with the ATC sound in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight please try to restore the original voicepack file from your Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight CD number 2. The file is inside the file "MSGame5.cab" for the 10 voice (full) setup, and inside the "MSGame4.cab" file for the three voice (compact) setup. Copy one of these files (do not copy both) to the Sound directory under the Flight Simulator directory. In case the Sound directory contains files named *.evpOrg or Evp_Accelerated.gvp they should be deleted."

In my sound folder I have 4 files:

USEnglishASOS.gvp --- from 2002

USEnglishBig.gvp.evpOrg --- from 2011

USEnglishBig.gvp --- from this morning (???)

EvpAccelerated.gvp -- from this morning 3 minutes later

I'm still getting the error message. I'm wondering if I should delete all 4 of these files and copy over the original ATC sounds from Disc 2 like stated in the Troubleshooting guide, then recompile.

Steve

This is what you should do.

"This from the user guide"

Which files does EditVoicepack modify?

EditVoicepack only modifies two files in the Microsoft Flight Simulator: A Century of Flight directory. One is airlines.cfg (see “Making callsigns selectable in Flight Simulator” for details).

The other (and more important) file modified is named usenglishbig.gvp and contains all spoken language used by the ATC, as well as the text displayed in the ATC window. This file can be found in the Sound directory of Microsoft Flight Simulator: A Century of Flight In case you selected the compact installation ofMicrosoft Flight Simulator: A Century of Flight, the file might be called usenglishsmall.gvp. Localized (translated) versions of Microsoft Flight Simulator: A Century of Flight will have different file names. EditVoicepack is designed to recognize the files in any language; however it has mainly been tested on the English version.

If you do not use the accelerated voicepack usenglishsmall.gvp will be modified directly. If you use the accelerated voicepack the file will be renamed toUSEnglishBig.gvp.evpOrg and a new file named Evp_Accelerated.gvp will be created.

In case you experience any problems with the ATC sound in Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight please try to restore the original voicepack file from your Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004: A Century of Flight CD number 2. The file is inside the file "MSGame5.cab" for the 10 voice (full) setup, and inside the "MSGame4.cab" file for the three voice (compact) setup. Copy one of these files (do not copy both) to the Sound directory under the Flight Simulator directory.

""" In case the Sound directory contains files named *.evpOrg or Evp_Accelerated.gvp they should be deleted."""

You don't delete ALL entries just those two mentioned.

Extract the original voice packs from the FS9CD FIRST and place them in the sound folder as stated.

Delete Files **.evpOrg or Evp_Accelerated.gvp

Run edit voicepak again and you should be good to go.

If you haven't done this already I strongly recommend using the option to accelerate the ATC speech its a VAST improvement on the slow dirge of the original .Doing all this might seem a bit confusing at first ,but once you have done it a few times its doddleacious.

Andy

PS I would guess that you should close FS9 if you have it running whist trying these procedures

For TOM

If I have infringed anything by quoting from the EVAP user guide then i apologize.

I am a simmer not a lawyer ,and understand little or nothing of such matters.

photo-141290.gif?_r=1341161573?t=54318216?t=43542077

OK, I deleted two files (*.evpOrg & Evp_Accelerated.gvp) then compiled. That worked. Didn't have to extract the files from the original discs.

Thanks.

Steve

I finally went back to EditVoicePack 3.1. I reinstalled, everything went fine with that.
Now 3.1 won't run at all, I get the following error:

The Registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft
Games\Flight Simulator\9.0 is missing or does not point to a
valid installation of Flight Simulator.

If you do not know how to fix this problem manually, please
reinstall Flight Simulator.

7 hours ago, LarryF said:

I finally went back to EditVoicePack 3.1. I reinstalled, everything went fine with that.
Now 3.1 won't run at all, I get the following error:

The Registry key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft
Games\Flight Simulator\9.0 is missing or does not point to a
valid installation of Flight Simulator.

If you do not know how to fix this problem manually, please
reinstall Flight Simulator.

So, the relevant question is, do you have the quoted key in your Registry and if so, where does it point to?

Run the Flight Registry Repair Tool and that should fix it.

https://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library