Hi folks,

So, i have the wanting for a 767. I currently have the CLS 767, but after the NGX and the QW757, it seems a little, well, Lame. I'm not saying i hate it and its awful etc etc, but what i am saying is, that its not as good as i remember, and not as proffesional as i want. This, then leaves me with two options, the Level-D 767 or the Captain Sim 767. I have seen many threads with, " whats the better one" however, can i get someone to sum up these points, that, i have either missed or has not been said:

-FRAME OK-FRIENDLY (i manage fine with the NGX)

-Numerous "Modern" Liveries (newer, circa 2012 etc liveries being made, whether on the website or available on the Avsim library)

- Accurate FMC systems like the NGX (so, things such as creating routes, waypoints, SID/STARS, N1 limits...you get the idea)

-Good,small features, like on the NGX (All doors can be opened, pushback customisation, (directions etc, )maybe ground vehicles?)

-Accuracy all round!

-A workable, pleasant VC

Thank you, and, just to re-emphisise, i have seen many threads to this, but, most things i require to know i have missed with my poor skills of skim-reading, or have not been mentioned.

If you want accuracy all around and fantastic systems then the Level D is the only choice.

Cheers

Lee

If you want accuracy all around and fantastic systems then the Level D is the only choice.

Cheers

Lee

Ok, cool, thanks, is it good for frames and liveries?

Level D

-Frame Rates are friendly

-Modern Liveries.. Not sure. I was able to get the updated UA/CO merger paints. Perhaps a AVSIM library search might help you for both products

-FMC has what you want.

-Small Features? No FMC like items as in the NGX, but you do have the FAs speaking with you, the option to talk to the ground "engineer" (repairs and pushback), automated call outs from the virtual crew "We've started our decent" etc..., F/O who can operate the gear and a few other things, etc...

-Level D is hailed as one of the best addons for FSX in most categories even in its advanced age

-VC: The VC works but it has been ported over and is wanting. The overhead VC is mostly flat. Although a new panel came out in August, the age of the VC cannot be hidden

CS 767:

Never got it to work without a belly roll to the left. I hope someone else can chime in as this was a "regretful" pruchase for me...

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

Oh yeah those liveries are no problem.

Mainly:

QANTAS

BA

ALL N. AMERICAN CARRIERS

Air Canada New Colors: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=108911

American Airlines: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=109199

Delta Airlines New Colors: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=166347

United Post Merger Colors: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=156797

British Airways: http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=157972

Qantas: http://library.avsim.net/zipdiver.php?DLID=129018

That will certainly get you going Andy =)

I have not got the Level D, but I would certainly recommend staying away from the CS version....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I couldn't recommend any of captain sim's products, let alone their airliners. The systems fidelity, flight model, and fps are just awful. The Level-D plane is a bit old now, but at least it flies nicely.

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

The CLS products were some of the first products I purchased and the first I uninstalled.

The Level-D B767 is certainly quite a nice aircraft. It is very old though, and has its own problems. The sounds are poor, but can be upgraded by purchasing a sound set from Turbine Sound Studios. The virtual cockpit textures are bland, but can also be upgraded by using either a free modification found on the Level-D forums or a payware cockpit upgrade from Zinertek (although it is for FS9 only). As others have mentioned, McPhat Studios makes great exterior textures.

I experience a few problems with the aircraft, such as the weird yoke (it only moves in the virtual cockpit when a large control input is made) and the spoilers, which seem to extend when you are still one foot above the runway if you arm them.

Overall, it is quite a good product, but may be a bit expensive for all of its imperfections by today's standards.

I have the CS 757 and 767 and never had any issues...

Never had to reinstall Windows or FSX either because of issues...

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I have not got the Level D, but I would certainly recommend staying away from the CS version....

Same here. The CS look nice, but it's aweful, systemwise, and quite hard on FPS.