Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Any info FS9 ver. of PMDG 737

Give the WX radar idea up, most A+ Sim developers know it cant be implemented correctly and dont even try. Its just fake eye candy. If you want a true high quality 737 then take the advice given.

There is only 1 current choice for FS9. iFly wins hands down. You get all the NG variants for a start and with the new feature pack it is a real performer.

Cheers

Steve Hall

The Wilco/Feelthere 737 doesn't come anywhere near being as good as the iFly 737...The iFly is so superior there's really no comparison - they are worlds apart

May be iFlt better then FT/Wilco 737CL...at this time. Please notice-project FT/Wilco 737CL is living(!)-FT/Wilco from time to time produce additions for their model. And I hope FT/Wilco 737CL will be much better at next versions, will not worse then iFly 737. Time will answer to me. By the way, now FT/Wilco better then before. :)

Be careful if wx radar is important. Some models just had a display that was fixed or not related to the wxr around the aircraft but just animated.

Give the WX radar idea up, most A+ Sim developers know it cant be implemented correctly and dont even try. Its just fake eye candy. If you want a true high quality 737 then take the advice given.

Thank You very much for all. Best Regards!

You are right about most of them being eye candy. But the RXP WX radar really does work. I have tested it against real world conditions. One day there was a line of T-Storms approaching my house from the west. I cranked up FS9, selected one of my addons with the RXP radar, using real time weather from ASV6.5 and the radar showed the T-storms that I could see out my front window. It was spot on....

And remember, if you don't like the iFly, there's the 30 days money back guarantee. So nothing to lose. Let us know what you think.

For sure. I'll have to see if they offer a discount for those who already purchased the FSX version because I already have the FSX version but only flew it once and uninstalled it. For some reason it turned my FSX into a slide show. 12fps avg dropping down to single digits.

Since I made the move to FS9 in the summer, I haven't really touched FSX. I'll probably start flying FSX again when average CPU speed reaches 5ghz. I wonder if that's enough for it lol.

I'll have to see if they offer a discount for those who already purchased the FSX version

Yes, they do offer a significant discount for owners - you will have to register on the support forums to get the coupon.

DJ

You are right about most of them being eye candy. But the RXP WX radar really does work. I have tested it against real world conditions. One day there was a line of T-Storms approaching my house from the west. I cranked up FS9, selected one of my addons with the RXP radar, using real time weather from ASV6.5 and the radar showed the T-storms that I could see out my front window. It was spot on....

The WX500 (I do have it merged into the PMDG 737NGs plus added on some turbo-prop panels) sometimes has a problem in overcast conditions in reporting precip when not there. As far as storm reporting, it will go by CBs around whether precip is included or not. It is also not a Doppler reporting on turbulence. I agree that it does show the location of CBs, just not their condition. And yes, I do use the tilt control appropriately with auto gyro level enabled. It also seems to pick up the surface echoes if you tilt down and show clutter if you aim it straight ahead while on the surface as the real unit would.

In a recent airways magazine article detailing a mid-east flight there was an image of the aircraft's Doppler tilted down to show the Suez Canal entrance as a cue to keep within that tight airspace corridors in that hostile environment so that airspace jurisdiction would not be violated. It might be something to try :)

The WX500 (I do have it merged into the PMDG 737NGs plus added on some turbo-prop panels) sometimes has a problem in overcast conditions in reporting precip when not there. As far as storm reporting, it will go by CBs around whether precip is included or not. It is also not a Doppler reporting on turbulence. I agree that it does show the location of CBs, just not their condition. And yes, I do use the tilt control appropriately with auto gyro level enabled. It also seems to pick up the surface echoes if you tilt down and show clutter if you aim it straight ahead while on the surface as the real unit would.

In a recent airways magazine article detailing a mid-east flight there was an image of the aircraft's Doppler tilted down to show the Suez Canal entrance as a cue to keep within that tight airspace corridors in that hostile environment so that airspace jurisdiction would not be violated. It might be something to try :)

Hi Ron. You're absolutely right of course - the WX500 is by no means fully realistic in its functions and accuracy. But as you say, it does function and is IMHO worth having. I have it on several of my turboprops and of course it comes as part of the DF 727.

Cheers mate

Ian

I have it on several of my turboprops and of course it comes as part of the DF 727.

Ian there is also a mod on QualityWing's website to incorporate the WX500 into the VC cockpit of the Avro. Works a treat!

of course it comes as part of the DF 727

This is nice to read as I bought the DF 727 just some days ago, but didn't install it yet.

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

This is nice to read as I bought the DF 727 just some days ago, but didn't install it yet.

A good purchase, it's brilliant :-)

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Ian there is also a mod on QualityWing's website to incorporate the WX500 into the VC cockpit of the Avro. Works a treat!

Yes, got it. One of those "quality" touches that impressed me about their attention to detail that they made that available early after release.