Thanks for your input....

I was remembering a couple years ago.. when it was said.. they were pulling the plug.. and it did something simiar to this. Guess I got a little thrown off... as I have yet to see any indication that I have lost connection to GameSpy (which is how I origanally connected.) The server was logged via GamSpy and I had both boxes checked for GameSpy/LAN to show.... I can only assume... I lost connection (without notification) and the LAN connection is still oerating in it's normal LAN mode now.... which goes to your point. Although I, of course, would like to have the session avaiable both ways... If, the "plug was pulled".... it won't bother me to simply continue hosting via LAN only.

Again.. thanks for the more informed/detailed info.

I don't know what this means but I found this post on a Gamespy labeled Facebook page that I assume is official. The reply by "Gamespy" (?) suggests that titles no longer supported by their publishers were being considered for discontinuation from Gamespy's hosted session finder thingy. We over at msFLIGHTS.net continue to run our FSX community in IP direct mode to any one of three user level FSX multi servers. The MS Flight part of our group are as yet unaffected by any GFWL server problems. I've been away from AVSIM for some time now (since the demise of MS Flight) and I stopped by to read what your fine community thought of the Gamespy FSX disconnect of two days ago.

Respects, Bob ...

as Bob said, you can still connect to our server via IP even though gamespy is down.

1. When you click the multiplayer tab in FSX, click "Local Network (LAN)" button instead of the GameSpy option

2. Enter your name then click "Connect Directly" then enter our IP address of 67.170.81.45 then click "Find Sessions"

Also join our TeamSpeak3 server for voice communications or if you have any questions:

Teamspeak3 client download: http://www.teamspeak.com/?page=downloads

Server Address: ks.jmainguy.com

(once you load TeamSpeak3, in the top left panel click "Connections" then "Connect" and enter "ks.jmainguy.com" into the Server Address field, enter a Nickname. There is no password.)

also check our our home page http://msflights.net to see when our next group flight is.

Correcting the URL for my fellow BVATC member, Tom...

http://www.fsxbeyondgamespy.com/

More info... from our press release :

As you may know, the GameSpy-powered component of Microsoft Flight Simulator X (FSX) multiplayer was decommissioned on December 6, 2012.] It is now official that GameSpy will no longer be supporting the FSX title and that users of FSX will need to turn elsewhere to connect with each other. Now that we no longer have GameSpy, we all need to act together to save our hobby and ensure multiplayer remains alive through Direct Connect.

Over the past six years, many communities have relied on GameSpy to host multiplayer sessions with FSX and allow their users to connect with one another. Boston Virtual ATC (BVA), a 3500-member community that relied on GameSpy’s technology in addition to FSX’s Direct Connect functionality, is one such community affected by this loss. To help FSX users seeking alternative options learn about the various communities that provide realistic operations and immersive ATC, BVA has sponsored a website to explain the situation, post relevant news, and describe the servers and communities that remain available.

To learn more about the future of FSX multiplayer beyond GameSpy or to contribute to the conversation, please see the following website: http://www.fsxbeyondgamespy.com/

as Bob said, you can still connect to our server via IP even though gamespy is down.

1. When you click the multiplayer tab in FSX, click "Local Network (LAN)" button instead of the GameSpy option

2. Enter your name then click "Connect Directly" then enter our IP address of 67.170.81.45 then click "Find Sessions"

Also join our TeamSpeak3 server for voice communications or if you have any questions:

Teamspeak3 client download: http://www.teamspeak...?page=downloads

Server Address: ks.jmainguy.com

(once you load TeamSpeak3, in the top left panel click "Connections" then "Connect" and enter "ks.jmainguy.com" into the Server Address field, enter a Nickname. There is no password.)

also check our our home page http://msflights.net to see when our next group flight is.

hello,

When I enter your IP, it works but when I enter my friend's IP who is hosting a session, the connection does not go through. What are the required steps to make it work?

Thank you

When I enter your IP, it works but when I enter my friend's IP who is hosting a session, the connection does not go through. What are the required steps to make it work?

1. Make sure he's given you his outside ip address, e.g. doesn't start 192.168.

2. He needs to forward the ports fsx is using on his router to the server.

Some more tips here. http://www.fsopen.co.uk/downloads/fshost/#tips

We now have about 40 servers running fsopen with about 90 players so far and more joining all the time.

You can see them listed here http://www.fsopen.co.uk/info/sessions/

FSOpen/sessions has become a most helpful resource for finding FSX multiplayer IP direct opportunities, all the more important with the demise of GameSpy FSX. FSOpen data has become indispensable to us in our operation of msFLIGHTS.net FSX multiplayer and this data is graphically featured on our forum home page. The efforts of FSX Beyond GameSpy and the gang from Boston Virtual is fast becoming a go-to source for resources available to the FSX multi community at large. We at msFLIGHTS.net will not soon forget the hospitality offered by AVSIM TeamSpeak one night when our own TeamSpeak server went down. Thank you again for that hospitality, AVSIM. I truly believe that we won't be missing GameSpy at all and I agree with Mr. Ambrose (FSMP) elsewhere in the AVSIM forums that this deactivation is probably the best thing that could have happened to the FSX multi community at large.

This cessation of services by GameSpy is not unlike the benifits and opportunities we realized at msFLIGHTS.net when Microsoft killed MS Flight.

Mr. Wave, I look forward to participating in your FSOpen forums soon as you approve my recent registration there.

Respects, Bob ...

Mr. Wave, I look forward to participating in your FSOpen forums soon as you approve my recent registration there.

You are registered now, sounds like the confirmation email went missing.

Working on some enhancements for the listings so players have all the information about what a session is before connecting. Might as well make it better than Gamespy was :)

1. Make sure he's given you his outside ip address, e.g. doesn't start 192.168.

2. He needs to forward the ports fsx is using on his router to the server.

Some more tips here. http://www.fsopen.co...ds/fshost/#tips

Thank you very much. I will try that. By the way does your server provide real weather?

THX

What a very nice work, well done Dave!

By the way, have I correctly gathered that you approve (or ban) each registered FSopen server account manually after observing registration details?

By the way, have I correctly gathered that you approve (or ban) each registered FSopen server account manually after observing registration details?

Yes correct, however, there is no need to register if you just want to fly. If you want to use any of the software etc then you will need approval. It's a pain to have to do this but its the only way to keep some children out.