Sign in to follow this  
Bartbear

ProcSpeed in FSX.cfg: what number do you have?

ProcSpeed stands for Processor Speed and PerfBucket for Performance Bucket : 2 lines in the FSX.cfg.

If FSX builds it's FSX.cfg for the first time those numbers are calculated.

You can let calculate this value again (for instance after overclocking the cpu) if you delete this line and let FSX make a new one.

- My own i5 2500K overclocked from 3.4 to 4.3 Ghz gives ProcSpeed=17206 / Perfbucket =7

- Bozdog reports his i7 3770K overclocked from 3.5 to 4.5 Ghz with ProcSpeed=10104

- Banjoman1960 with also i7 3770K overclocked from 3.5 to 4.5 Ghz with ProcSpeed=19321

I found this old topic about ProcSpeed and Perfbucket here:

http://forum.avsim.n...and-perfbucket/

and read that those values are not important for tweaking, and that FSX uses those values the first time just to set the default slider values.

Also:

"PerfBuckets range from 1-7 and correspond to Minimal, Very Low, Low, Medium Low, Medium High, High, Ultra High.

Procspeed is generated by some code we run on the CPU, to help bucket your CPU.

The procspeed and information about your graphics hw contributes to your default PerfBucket setting. Customizing your settings moves you out of the default PerfBucket setting, but there is no "number" for that.They are not used beyond default settings, and we do not "read" the values back out of the config - they are "write only". We use them internally in our labs as extra verification of hw, there is no use in changing them. If you think that changing them is doing something, its not. " (Phase)

> So my question is: are there other things that influence this ProcSpeed number, given the strange results (same processor and speed, different values) if you compare the 2 example i7 processors here that have each 4 physical cores ?

Maybe you can give your numbers, so that we can compare them to.

I am just curious ....

I have:

C2D E8400 OC'ed to 3.85

2GB Ram at 1088mhz

GTS 250 OC 1GB

Win XP SP3 32bit

My FSX.cfg defaulted to the below numbers last time I reset it.

ProcSpeed=11114

PerfBucket=7

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

i7 2700K @ stock speed.

ProcSpeed=15810

PerfBucket=7

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987!