Sign in to follow this  
wiltzei

VRS' TacPac released (payware)

The latest version is Version 1.3.2.1.....

I've got 1.2.1.0 SE - but be advised I don't own the TacPack.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I've got 1.2.1.0 SE - but be advised I don't own the TacPack.

Did you buy it directly from VRS or did you get it in the boxed version/outside website? I'm asking, because frequently publishers need to release their first stable version to outside distributers while they continue to update things. Often, they will still support your product (except, cough, Captain Something), but you will start with an older version until you go to their website and update it.

Eric Szczesniak

No it's from PCAviator download version. I didn't see a newer vanilla version. I did see 1.3.2.1 but only if you own Tac Pack.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

this tacpack isn't just shooting objects (which is extremely well done, beyond expectations).

1) updated f/a18 vc 2) major avionics upgrade, what was considered impossible is now reality (a/g radar w/ terrain masking, flir with stablization, just like dcs a10, etc.) 3) nvg implementation much better than enb mod and so on.

and amazingly, no perceptible drop in performance.

the system depth and innovations are beyond pmdg or others have out right now. and you can land on the carrier at the end of the day.

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS

Yep, TacPack is great in terms of the depth and complexity it adds to system modelling. The SuperBug was already fantastic anyway. The only issue some of us have experienced is with Windows 8, which does not always play nice with TacPack, although the Bug still runs fine. I hope VRS can fix it, otherwise I'll have to go back to W7. This is a prospect I do not relish, having just re-installed FSX on W8.

Cheers,

Noel.

11th Gen i9-11900K @ 3.5GHz | nVidia GeForce RTX 3080 | Corsair 64 GB RAM | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | Asus 27" RoG G-Sync

Track IR5 | Thrustmaster Warthog | CH Products Pedals

Here is the problem with the TacPack in multiplayer...if anyone hasn't mentioned yet:

The host server must have the TacPack running in order for those to utilize its features.

REALLY -- are you sure ?

Does it actually say this in the official documentation, or are you just saying this because this is what you found to be true in practice.

That being said, I am still eager to see what Tac-pack equipped planes do, when on the FSMP server.

Last time a beta tester of Tac-pack joined the server, there was some apparent "disruption" -- so I am wondering if those issues have been sorted.

Otherwise, an anti-social player with Tac-pack, could effective become a FSX MP session crashing terrorist !

REALLY -- are you sure ?

Does it actually say this in the official documentation, or are you just saying this because this is what you found to be true in practice.

That being said, I am still eager to see what Tac-pack equipped planes do, when on the FSMP server.

Last time a beta tester of Tac-pack joined the server, there was some apparent "disruption" -- so I am wondering if those issues have been sorted.

Otherwise, an anti-social player with Tac-pack, could effective become a FSX MP session crashing terrorist !

I am correct, unfortunately. In multiplayer, when I fire an AIM 9 missile at a guy, he sees a mini Cessna 172 coming at him! An anti-social player with TacPack can host a multiplayer session can slap a SAM site in and ruin everyone's day unless someone comes in with a TacPack-equipped Superbug and take the site out. Here are the limitations:

• The TacPack will NOT currently work with FSX multi-player "Missions". This is due to the lack of FSX slew support during online mission sessions. Freeflight MP sessions are fully supported
  • VATSIM/IVAO sessions (joined using FSInn or SquawkBox) are NOT supported
  • FSHost sessions (joined using FSHostClient) are NOT supported
  • Due to certain incompatibilities and limitations of multi-player sessions, not all animations and/or features may function identically to single-player modes

Rodney E. Jacobs

I am correct, unfortunately. In multiplayer, when I fire an AIM 9 missile at a guy, he sees a mini Cessna 172 coming at him! An anti-social player with TacPack can host a multiplayer session can slap a SAM site in and ruin everyone's day unless someone comes in with a TacPack-equipped Superbug and take the site out. Here are the limitations:

• The TacPack will NOT currently work with FSX multi-player "Missions". This is due to the lack of FSX slew support during online mission sessions. Freeflight MP sessions are fully supported
  • VATSIM/IVAO sessions (joined using FSInn or SquawkBox) are NOT supported
  • FSHost sessions (joined using FSHostClient) are NOT supported
  • Due to certain incompatibilities and limitations of multi-player sessions, not all animations and/or features may function identically to single-player modes

No, that still does not make sense.

The HOSTING computer does NOT have to have the aircraft, or Missiles, that the players have, for those players to be able to see add-on objects, provided THEY have those specific objects, otherwise, they will still see substituted objects (as you described)

What would be "idea", and maybe a great Advertising feature for Tac-Tack, would be a freeware set of the Missile Objects. so that players could see the missiles.

(Maybe even low def renderings, instead of the original).

But, unless someone can convince me Technically, I still see no need for the Hosting Computer to have Tac-Pack installed (assuming the Host, does not want to see actual missiles, but instead see some form of substitution).

But what is STRANGE, is that an AIM 9 MISSILE would substitute to a Cessna 172 !!

Then there is the question, what happens to the Missiles in MP, after they have been fired, and flown their courses ???

500x_youtube_-_x-men__first_class_-_official_trailer-32.jpg

The host needs to have TACPAC in order for the anti cheating (no super weapons/super sensors/space ships allowed) system that has been implemented to function.

TACPAC is way more than just a weapon system

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion