Sign in to follow this  
CarlosF

Beta 8 is out!

Got and get it!

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Plugin Changes Coming After Beta 8

Posted on December 19, 2012 by Ben Supnik

X-Plane 10.20 Beta 8 is now live. This beta does not contain all of the bug fixes I wanted to get into the next beta. But we had to change the networking protocol between X-Plane and Xavion, so this beta is timed to app-store approval.

With that in mind, there are some key bug fixes: hopefully the facade engine is back to sanity (if not, please re-report facade bugs) and I finally found the cause of incorrect fog on the horizon in 2x SSAA mode.

Here’s the main point though: there are still plugin system changes coming for 64-bit that are not yet in this beta. Please be prepared to test your 64-bit plugins against a future beta; do not assume that your plugin is ready to go just because it works now!

Danny Hicks

• New tropical terrain textures

Yay - and the good news is: those won't need a winter version for seasons support :lol:

Plugin Changes Coming After Beta 8

Posted on December 19, 2012 by Ben Supnik

X-Plane 10.20 Beta 8 is now live. This beta does not contain all of the bug fixes I wanted to get into the next beta. But we had to change the networking protocol between X-Plane and Xavion, so this beta is timed to app-store approval.

With that in mind, there are some key bug fixes: hopefully the facade engine is back to sanity (if not, please re-report facade bugs) and I finally found the cause of incorrect fog on the horizon in 2x SSAA mode.

Here’s the main point though: there are still plugin system changes coming for 64-bit that are not yet in this beta. Please be prepared to test your 64-bit plugins against a future beta; do not assume that your plugin is ready to go just because it works now!

Another oops moment - problems just outlined so maybe wait for Beta 9 .... Should be quite quick ...

Edit: Beta 8 isn’t particularly live; the autogen library is screwed up again (by me). I’m fixing it now and will then recut the beta. I’m looking at what I can do to improve the library generation process – it’s a series of scripts, and as you might guess from the number of times it’s gone sideways in 10.20, it’s held together by shoe strings.

Danny Hicks

X-Plane 10.20 Beta 8

• New tropical terrain textures
  • Beta 8 works with the newest update to Xavion iPad apps.

Bug fixes:

• King-air 3d cockpit fixed
  • Windows XP machines should get their IP address without failing.
  • Fixed METAR parsing with time-stamped winds.
  • Fixed reversed scroll wheel for plugins.
  • Fixed by missing line segments at EHAM custom scenery and others.
  • Fixed keys not working with Romanji keyboard layout.
  • Fixed height of type 1 facades

Anyone have any screens of the tropical textures? I might wait for a beta 9 release to upgrade since there appears to be some issues.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Noticeable frame rate drop. Anyone else?

GTX 680

I haven't tried the new beta yet, but on the dev blog Ben stated in a comment that the autogen settings had been changed and that you have to "retune" your settings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Noticeable frame rate drop. Anyone else?

GTX 680

Yes, I did notice that too. (no HDR)

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

Currently downloading b9, or so it claims, which is suspiciously the exact same size as b8 was.

Unfortunately with the org forums being 'down', there's no way to find out if the update is legitimate or just xp messing up :|

e: to clarify, the forums aren't down per se, but they're on the malicious site blacklist, and even if the blacklist warning is ignored, my av quarantines the site and makes it pretend to be down because it detects an actual malicious javascript trojan installer... so it's effectively down until someone wakes up and cleans the site out

Anyone have any screens of the tropical textures? I might wait for a beta 9 release to upgrade since there appears to be some issues.

Not sure if these are new but that is how tropical looks right now (click here for the bigger picture):

AV8B_158.jpg