Sign in to follow this  
DannyH73

Beta 9 now out

I know for sure that the CRJ200 (bought from the X-Viation/Aerosoft site, not from the ORG site) and the JetStream32 don't work on 64-bit X-Plane yet.

I have to disagree. If you really bought the CRJ from Aerosoft you can download the update for 1.5.3 and so far it works fine with the X-Plane 64 bit Versions. In a way they had to go this way since 1.5.2 was very problematic and they didn't want to got toatally back. 1.5.3 so far worked fine for me.

I can understand why Ben Supnick intervened and tried to prevent the big rush for 64 bit plugins since he had to make several changes for the usual memory trouble maker (Mac OS X: While Linux and Windows were unable to fully enforce 64 bit programs, they had to handle problems like 64 bit programs with 32 bit plugins, Apple simply said change to Objective C and compile everything for 64 bit... for multi plattform programs a joke) but in fact more and more developers are fed up with this policy and release their 64-bit beta plugins anyway.

Sorry, the non 64-bit CRJ is the one from www.x-aviation.com, not Aerosoft. You are correct.

I have to disagree. If you really bought the CRJ from Aerosoft you can download the update for 1.5.3 and so far it works fine with the X-Plane 64 bit Versions. In a way they had to go this way since 1.5.2 was very problematic and they didn't want to got toatally back. 1.5.3 so far worked fine for me.

@GeofA,

Hi Geof. There is a good workaround for the prop problem in Carenado's planes Simply hide the car_bonanza_prop.png file and the flippity flop props disappear. The default prop that the sim usese then is a bit larger than normal, but ortherwise works of, and is not distracting like the flippity flopping prop was. I'm surprised you are having trim problems, the FA33 Bonanza trims out very nicely in beta 9 as does the Seneca. The Seneca even better. I have hidden the prop.png file in all of the Carenado planes and they all seem to work well in beta 9 64 bit. I seem to have lost a few FPS in beta 9 ihad to reduce the world distance to high from very hig, and turn down down number of objects to tons instead of mega tons.

I still can't fly the SkyMaster in 64 bit as the pilots are in the way.

The devolution of this thread is a prime example of why I stopped posting.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

@GeofA,

Hi Geof. There is a good workaround for the prop problem in Carenado's planes Simply hide the car_bonanza_prop.png file and the flippity flop props disappear. The default prop that the sim usese then is a bit larger than normal, but ortherwise works of, and is not distracting like the flippity flopping prop was. I'm surprised you are having trim problems, the FA33 Bonanza trims out very nicely in beta 9 as does the Seneca. The Seneca even better. I have hidden the prop.png file in all of the Carenado planes and they all seem to work well in beta 9 64 bit. I seem to have lost a few FPS in beta 9 ihad to reduce the world distance to high from very hig, and turn down down number of objects to tons instead of mega tons.

I still can't fly the SkyMaster in 64 bit as the pilots are in the way.

Hi Donald-the big problem for 32 bit is the out of memory problem which Emerson 67 stated above is a problem which makes it unusable for me. 64 works great-except most of my add ins don't-most importantly the Reality xp gps.Trim is better in 64 as is mip shimmering. Caught between a rock and a hard place....

For the record, It was never my intention to insult Geof or what he was saying.

My point was to state that his complaints (and complaints from others) have been heard, even by the higher ups, and are being addressed, and it doesn't do anyone any good by repeating them.

I am working on an add on now that has been used as an example for some bug fixes and many of them have been looked into and fixed. So a lot of work has been done and I, along with other developers I am associated with have taken time out of our schedule to help improve X-Plane and fix issues. Not just for end users, but also for developers in making it slightly easier in implementing certain features (Lighting was one of them)

So yes, Larry, of course I have a financial interest in X-Plane. I develop for it. That's why I have a small hand in helping fix certain problems. So does JGregory and so do many other developers. You make it sound like that's a bad thing when it really isn't. And of course I'll correct peoples information if it isn't correct. It's called "helping" people to fully understand.

I'm also one of the many people participating in helping X Plane move forward so people such as yourself can actually enjoy it with as few bugs and glitches as possible.

It seems this thread has degenerated into a mudslinging match, so,Geof, if you misinterpreted anything I personally have said, I apologize for that. It was not my intention. It's just that people in the know cannot answer the same complaints in different ways. Rest assured that things are being worked on, both from a developers point of view AND from LR themselves.

With that, I think it's agreeable that we shouldn't be having petty arguments so close to Christmas, so regardless of past differences, hope you all have a safe and happy Christmas and great new year.

I'll shake on that! Merry Christmas and thanks for being a day early and saving us from the Mayan end of the world by hitting the destructive date a day before we did.

p.s. I just got this reply from Carenado who I emailed today.

My email:

Hi,

I own the Seneca, vtail straight tail bonanza pipers-for xplane.

They all state that they are not developed for Xplane 10 but a patch will be released in the future that will be 100% compatible.

I am just curious why a year later there is still no patch-is it because xplane 10 is still not stable?

Thanks,

Their reply:

Yes, that is right.

We thought it was but the new 64 bits made a mess again. Anyways we are working on them now and hope to release them soon.

and just to step into Geof's defence, it is right that he has some issues that he wants to be addressed, but it is because of his unbiased reviews that I decided to step into the X-Plane franchise. At least I knew then what to expect, I would have been very disapointed if I believed only the fan boys reviews.

And I haven't regretted my purchase yet, also because I could make finally the complete switch to Linux now, giving my 5 year old pc a boost. (But the wife needed some convincing lol ). Now that Steam is also being transferred to Linux , and Wine has improved a lot, there is no need to boot into Vista anymore (or spent another amount of € just to upgrade to a newer version).

Using OSM2XP together with some photoscenery, makes X-Plane much better then what I could throw in with FSX without spending a fortune.

Also look at the New Zealand scenery (donateware) and what can be accomplished.

My 2 cents, I would like the X-Plane team to incorporate osm2xp into the default (like wouldn't there be a way to change the ground texture for forests, for example ? Now in the default scenery, osm2xp forests sometimes invade fields and cities).

To put some more ashes into the fire...

This thread is indeed the typical thread expected from users / devs of a product like X-Plane. In the one hand, people who decide to give it a try because of the evident potential it has, somehow end up feeling disappointed with this or that aspects because, contrarily to products lke FSX, it is sold in a state that is far from finished. I'd say X-Plane is sold in beta (or even alpha) as most software products today, including the one I now have fully adhered to (my new passion - DCS World, where the p51d was made available several months before going "final"...).

I also believe 3pds who are striving to produce great quality add-ons like those which have already been released for X-Plane would rather prefer to work on a much more stable platform...

It's a difficult life for 3pds and for users looking forward to achieve with X-Plane at least the same level of satisfaction they were once able to obtain with MS FSX. It's time to turn a page, and we all know about it, and while P3dv2 is not announced with details about what it will be, X-Plane is still the most promissing wide development platform. And... I know about the good news regarding Aerofly FS, but I fear that it will take years before we can achieve the same level of system details possible with either FSX or X-Plane (even more with FSX actually...)

Although I am no longer using X-Plane10, and I seriously doubt I will ever re-install it again, unless something really remarkable happens (regarding those problems you are tired of reading about, Goran et la :-) ) the same applying to FSX, and to the current version of Aerofly, I keep, in some way, supporting X-Plane10, and AeroFly FS specially now that I have seen those amazing screens of work in progress, because I believe the teams behind those simulators are made up of tallented / dedicated / honest people, just as Austin himself.

I think we need users with a long and valuable background both from flight simulation and from RW flying as well (because Austin sometimes forgets he is also a RW pilot, and apparently can't be critic about his own simulator being limited / wrong / innacurate in some aspects...), people like Geoffa, LAdamson.

And... we certainly need people like Goran too, who is allways ready to try to help even if not in public, by exchanging lots of valuable information through PMs, like he did with me. These 3pds that give their face to the public and risk posting at public forums, sometimes having to deal with aspects that are adverse to their own business, are people I somehow admire!

We all have a temper sometimes...and it shows sometimes... and it's not the best way to show others who we really are

I remember, many years ago, when Austin posted at another forum while developing XP5, I believe, that we got involved in one of those long threads with me throwing ashes at the fire of X-Plane's FM innacuracies, and he answering back that it "was perfect" as he usually does :-)... At some post in that thread Austin wrote - "jose had nothing to do!!!!!..." (well, jose - that's me :-)... My temper also showed... and the reply was an hugly one... Useless of both to have lost/used some sentences on that thread, that in the end didn't turn to prove benificial at all to what we both wanted - a better X-Plane simulator!!!

C'mon, that's life, and it is Christmas time (duh...), and the World is full of nice things to make us happy (like Gangnam Style, whoose lyrics are probaly the deepest ever written for a song...) and there are enough bad things to worry about too, other than feeling bad about a simulator... Well, this is pure crap speech, I know, because I myself am allways complaining, but, c'«mon, it's Christmas Time (whatever that really means...) and we should be happy for us and making the others happy too, so....

- Goran, say us all, you would gladly smash a snowball on Austin's head for giving you such a bad time / nightmare (you and all of the 3pds....) while trying to get a stable version of X-Plane available, while at the same time you love him for making this great simulation platform available!

- Me, stop repeating the very same arguments against X-Plane's FM, and getting the same unfortunately unsatisfying answers back from 3pds..., and either enjoy it, or go seeking enjoynment in another sim...

- Geoff and LAdamson, and others, keep posting your constructive critics, because they're useful in trying to make X-Plane a better simulation platform...

- Those blind enough by the passion (like I once almost was...) try at least to believe that those who complain may be p+resenting some evident facts about areas where X-Plane10 really needs to be patched, and we will all benefit from it....

- Positive users like "FashIsisMaya" and "Pirata" who are allways ready to give us a positive contribution, to raise the good energies, please keep posting, here and at any other forums - you are our Yoga.... :-)

Above all, don't forget this is only a sim (again, duh.... - I'm the guy who wakes up thinking SIM and goes to bad dreaming SIM....).

Merry Christmas to you All and a Happy new year 2013, full of health, joy, love (?), well... and if possible good news for the simmer community too ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

C'mon, that's life, and it is Christmas time (duh...), and the World is full of nice things to make us happy (like Gangnam Style, whoose lyrics are probaly the deepest ever written for a song...) and there are enough bad things to worry about too, other than feeling bad about a simulator...

I do the Gangman Style dance everytime new addons are released for fsx/xp10 :lol: