Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

simplates X ultra any good ?

Anybody get this new version to work well in Windows 8-64 ? I have not gotten it to view at all in windows8.

Works great in windows 7

I had trouble with the older version in win8

Another great alternative is Fltplan.com's Android App, as it also provides free downloads of approach plates free of charge, and you can download and keep the ones you use most often, I highly recommend it!

Fltpln.com mobile app has been great for me. Easy interface , can download them all, mark favorites , they are current as to the latest AIRAC, and you can get METARS as well. Unfortunately its limited to USA and Canada but that's he majority of my flying. Rarely get network error or slowdown.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Guest Raul_Hernandez

Fltpln.com mobile app has been great for me. Easy interface , can download them all, mark favorites , they are current as to the latest AIRAC, and you can get METARS as well. Unfortunately its limited to USA and Canada but that's he majority of my flying. Rarely get network error or slowdown.

It should be pointed out that, for some sort of licensing reasons, Fltplan.com Mobile Android App is not available in every county. In fact, it is only available in a minority of countries.

Before I left the UK for US, for example, I wanted this app, but it was not available in the UK and many other countries.

So don't get too excited about it, until you know it's available in your country's Android App store!

As a long time user of Simplates X, I refuse to buy another Dauntless product. Bought mine several years ago, and in order for you to get the ultra update you have to pay full price. EXCEPT if you purchased 2 months before the new release came out then you get it for free. So much for taking care of your long running customers.

Usually those charts are very outdated, and don't include newer procedures in more recent FMC navdata that I and many others get via Navigraph (or somewhere else I'm unaware of). For the US charts though of course there is Airnav.

I fly mostly in Europe these days and every chart is published and made available for free by the pan-european aviation authority, Eurocontrol, on their website. These are official, up-to-date charts that always contains the latest and most accurate information

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadcms/eadsite/index.php.html

You need to sign up for an account, then sign in, click Enter Applications->Pams Light[AIP] then use the dropdown boxes to maneuver to the country / chart type you need. Not quite as easy as airnav, but the charts are available, they are free and they are up-to-date.

Most of the Eurocontrol member states (all of them?) publish their charts on a separate website as well, which is often a lot easier to use. For example, my country, Norway, publishes it's chart on https://www.ippc.no/norway_aip/current/main_eng.html, Sweden publishes their charts on http://www.lfv.se/sv/FPC/IAIP/AD-0-4/AD-2/, the UK on http://www.nats-uk.ead-it.com/public/index.php%3Foption=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=165&Itemid=3.html etc

vatsim s3

1133704.png

As I. Thanks Wims, Always good to come to the forums as there are so many that have nice sites to go check out. :Applause:

I've got a problem in that SimplatesX has stopped working for me at all. I can open the program and get all the way down to selecting .ie Airport diagram. When I click it it says it's downloading the chart then nothing. The icon shows in my taskbar that the program is still running but no chart. I tried uninstalling and re-installing both SimplatesX and Adobe Reader but have the same issue. No answers at the Dauntless site. Anyone every have this issue?

I strongly recommend the Simplates X Ultra Ipad version. I can have the charts on my Ipad without having to worry about stealing frame rates from FSX or P3D. I nver had a problem downloading a chart, and all the airports I have tried so far had every chart I needed, whether it is SIDs, STARs, Approach charts or airport charts. Even smaller airports like CYQB have all the charts. Large airports like KLAX or EHAM have dozens of charts. But there are no sectional charts.

For example, I checked out the charts for the PMDG 737 NGX Tutorial 1, and indeed the Gatwick and Amsterdam charts needed for the tutorial are all there and a lot more. Sure you can get free charts on the web, but here you have it all a few clicks away for a relatively low price. (I can't check the price for the Ipad because prices don't show for apps already purchased, but I think the Ipad version I have is cheaper than the PC version).

Henri

• Upvote 1

Henri Arsenault

Wonder how hard it is to get that Lido Lufthansa  thing you have to be a real world airline type for that, any tips to spoof it ppl :)

Wonder how hard it is to get that Lido Lufthansa thing you have to be a real world airline type for that, any tips to spoof it ppl :)

Navigraph now supply charts provided by Lido. They are essentially identical to those used by the airlines. They do a full subscription where you can have the charts and the FMS data updated monthly. Worth every penny, really amazing charts.

airline2sim_pilot_logo_360x.png?v=160882| Ben Weston www.airline2sim.com