Sign in to follow this  
SQUAWKIDENT

Accufeel V2 - anyone got the turbulence working?

How the heck do I tell the difference from regular FSX turbulence and that of Acuufeel.

When flying, disable Accu-Feel to see what the normal turbulence is, then enable it to see what Accu-Feel is doing.

I turned it on once in heavy turbulence and the aircraft became almost unflyable. Since this was an Accu-Simmed aircraft, I didn't need it anyway.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

How the heck do I tell the difference from regular FSX turbulence and that of Acuufeel.

Simple. If your plane is bucking around like this and you can hear a bit of rattling it's working ;)

1st flightsim guy: To elaborate on what Molleh says, some of us are experiencing an issue in which we can only hear the rattling that comes from turbulence if we turn our engine sounds way way down, or even off. Otherwise, we can't tell if Accufeel is working or not. In fact, I actually experienced a situation in which Accufeel's own wind sound, at a setting as low as 20%, masked out the turbulence rattles. To address this, A2A has a turbulence volume slider in the works, which will hopefully allow users to equalize the turbulence sounds to a level that we can hear it. Also, I'm still not completely sure if turbulence enhancement is compatible with Active Sky 2012 or not, since I have yet to read of anybody getting any turbulence effects from that program, and I 've been too lazy to thorougly test it out myself.

Also, I'm still not completely sure if turbulence enhancement is compatible with Active Sky 2012 or not, since I have yet to read of anybody getting any turbulence effects from that program

I have.

I turned it on once in heavy turbulence and the aircraft became almost unflyable.

That's using AS2012. I didn't experiment with lowering the sliders, I just wanted to see what the B377 did with Accu-Feel turned on. I set the sliders for turbulence and gusts to 1/2, while the default for that aircraft was zero for those sliders, and Accu-Feel defaulted to off. Since I was flying a career mission with passengers, I didn't want to experiment too much.

Hook

Larry Hookins

I just did a test run...severe turbulence....cant say I heard that rattling. I was bouncing all over hearing wind gust.

I have to pâck it in for the night I will pick this up tomorrow and try some flights with sound on and off, and switching the accuufeel on and off.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

Lhookins, that is good to know that AS2012 is compatible. I'm inclined to believe you, however, your example of the b377 is not a convincing example--I'm certain that that particular aircraft already has turbulence effects (or equivalent g-force based rattles and passenger reaction) built into it as part of its accusim Captain's package, regardless of the presence of AccufeelV2. Hopefully, you've seen Accufeel turbulence+Active Sky working on other aircraft than that one, correct?

Since you mention 377, if I could get the same turbulence sound effects on other planes through accufeel, that I do with that one natively, then I would be happy guy.

However, your example of the b377 is not a good one--I completely positive that aircraft already has turbulence effects built into it as part of its accusim package, even without AccufeelV2.

I agree. I was even surprised that you could enable Accu-Feel for an Accu-Sim aircraft.

I was flying along in moderate turbulence (as reported by the navigator) and switched Accu-Feel on for the aircraft, with sliders set up to half from the default of zero. Suddenly the airplane was all over the sky. I pressed the default button on the Accu-Feel menu, it set the sliders to zero and switched off Accu-Feel for the B377. The aircraft went back to flying more or less normally.

Tonight during a descent I encountered severe turbulence, without Accu-Feel. The effect was similar to what I saw in moderate turbulence with Accu-Feel on and sliders at half. Passengers were ralfing as it was. I let the autopilot deal with it.

The effect is most definitely there. There is no reason AS2012 would not work with Accu-Feel's turbulence enhancement, because AS2012 injects actual FSX turbulence into the weather. Other weather engines that do not inject FSX turbulence may not work with Accu-Feel; someone else is going to have to test that.

Hook

Larry Hookins

When flying, disable Accu-Feel to see what the normal turbulence is, then enable it to see what Accu-Feel is doing.

I did just that with Carenado Cessna 185 in severe turbulence, saw absolutely no difference in turbulence between Accufeel being on and off. Turbulence isn't disabled from display settings or FSUIPC either.

I haven't tried turning sounds off but I think it's unimportant anyway, turbulence clearly hasn't been working for me so far.

I did just that with Carenado Cessna 185 in severe turbulence, saw absolutely no difference in turbulence between Accufeel being on and off. Turbulence isn't disabled from display settings or FSUIPC either.

I haven't tried turning sounds off but I think it's unimportant anyway, turbulence clearly hasn't been working for me so far.

I'd be willing to bet it is.

I'd be willing to bet it is.

Well if it is on then it doesn't seem to be much improvement from default turbulence... Haven't really noticed any rapid movements, anything that would give me any more trouble than default turbulence before.

was flying with fspassengers and got loads of warnings about excessive g,s the autopilot was on but the Lancier Legacy was getting thrown around all over the place so I guess it's working for me!

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

was flying with fspassengers and got loads of warnings about excessive g,s the autopilot was on but the Lancier Legacy was getting thrown around all over the place so I guess it's working for me!

Yeah then it's definitely not working normally for me, I've got nothing that could cause G's even near excessive.

Later when I have more time and interest I will probably try and see if reinstall helps...

I've been absent from the internet (and what's new for FSX) for about a year. I thought that maybe Accu-Feel was something you gave "Heidi" while flying the A2A Piper Cub. After reading about it here, I'm thinking I was wrong! :O

Hi there Mike - long time no see mate. Don't worry - I got it. Seems a lot of folk are a bit slow on that kind of subtle humour;-)

Simple. If your plane is bucking around like this and you can hear a bit of rattling it's working ;)

Nice clip. What was your set up for that ie just FSX weather? FSUIPC wind smoothing?

Thanks

Adam

Oh didn't notice that video before, well for me it's definitely not working then, I haven't experienced anything like that.

But yeah I will try reinstall later.