Sign in to follow this  
SQUAWKIDENT

Accufeel V2 - anyone got the turbulence working?

If you're having problems seeing any turbulence, try setting some custom weather with turbulence and see what effect Accu-Feel has there. Once you know what it looks like, you can start experimenting with the weather engine.

Once you've verified what the turbulence does with custom weather, if you go back to using your weather engine and you never experience turbulence, check the weather engine options to make sure you haven't turned turbulence effects off. Since certain aircraft experience S turns in autopilot, many people have turned turbulence off to enable autopilot with these aircraft. Or you may have turned it off long ago because you didn't like the effect at the time and forgotten. So double check.

Also, with your weather engine, make sure you are flying in an area that actually has turbulence. I don't encounter it that often. Setting the turbulence sliders up in Accu-Feel will not *generate* turbulence, but only enhance what is already there. Your weather engine may have a minimum turbulence slider, so you can always try setting that up a bit. Just make sure the max turbulence is not set to zero.

Note: even the largest airliners are affected by turbulence. I've seen some... interesting... effects on real life flights.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I have tried using both AS2012 & Default stormy weather, I have FSX turbulence enabled from both FSX settings and FSUIPC, yet so far I haven't seen anything changing when turning on Accufeel while in middle of normal FSX turbulence.

I will try to do some more testing later.

I have tried using both AS2012 & Default stormy weather, I have FSX turbulence enabled from both FSX settings and FSUIPC, yet so far I haven't seen anything changing when turning on Accufeel while in middle of normal FSX turbulence.

I will try to do some more testing later.

I'm convinced that the turbulence recogntion is happening, at least with the stock FSX turbulence, but that some people just can't hear the associated audibles based on their particular sound setup. It looks like this will be remedied with their new slider. I haven't gotten around to using it with AS2012 yet, so I can't say what happens there. Naturally, I assume that they would have tested it for compatibility with AS--they certainly would have tested it out beforehand that turbulence is recognized with such a popular prog as AS, wouldn't they have?

Well after some more testing I still can't really see any difference in turbulence when Accufeel is on and when Accufeel is off, I can't really hear any turbulence related sounds either... Tested with two Carenado birds and QW 757 using major thunderstorm theme flying inside storm clouds with turbulence.

Im using it with Opus and Ezdok. Today we have Santa Ana wind conditions here in Orange County, CA. After taking off from from 19L at KSNA, the Accufeel turbulence was so severe I had to go into Ezdok and turn down the DHM effect to keep from getting sick lol.

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

Well after some more testing I still can't really see any difference in turbulence when Accufeel is on and when Accufeel is off, I can't really hear any turbulence related sounds either... Tested with two Carenado birds and QW 757 using major thunderstorm theme flying inside storm clouds with turbulence.

Did you ever do what was suggested to you and try manually setting a custom weather layer with severe turbulence and then also unchecked Engines/Cockpit/Environent from the FSX sound settings and verifying whether you can hear the turbulence sounds generated by Accu-feel?

Well just got through taking the Baytower RV from SBA to SNA. Turbulence got so bad it tripped the ELT lol. Went into Accufeel settings and turned turbulence sliders down so low they were almost off, went back to sim, and the plane was still bouncing just as much. Anyone have any idea whats up with that? Are Accufeel turbulence effects not editable in real time?

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

I will need to experiment, but my initial impression was that it worked fine on smaller MS aircraft within FSX, but the larger the add on aircraft, the less effect it had....aka none. Tried using it with Opus and FSX wx, seemed to work better for motion with the FSX weather engine, but I think that to be a function of "operator inexperience" rather than an issue with the product.

It is interesting to note the number of people who have had this issue; I thought it was really something I was doing wrong (and quite probably still is), but I will continue to follow this thread closely and see how things develop with A2A. I am not concerned, since A2A has a a solid reputation and this particular add on was going to make a dramatic difference in how FSX flies...and on that score, I believe that to be true.

More to follow...

Cheers,

David Lamb

FAA Licensed Aircraft Dispatcher

Proud member and Captain, BA Virtual

Worked for me on my last flight. Lasted only about 5-6 minutes but felt like eternity and actually elevated my heart rate a little! Was intense, I liked it - tho anyone who had been in the 172 at the time with me probably wouldn't have!

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

Hummm....I tried all the features and everything seemed to be working...until I cranked up the turbulence. Nothing!

I read though the suggestions above and tested. If I turn on FSX turbulence it works fine. If I shut it off and rely on Accufeel, cranked up to 100 % with winds set in fsx I get nothing...and I get no sounds as suggested above.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

You have to leave FSX turbulence turned ON or Accu-feel will never "know" if you are flying into turbulence and can't add any effects.

Im using it with Opus and Ezdok. Today we have Santa Ana wind conditions here in Orange County, CA. After taking off from from 19L at KSNA, the Accufeel turbulence was so severe I had to go into Ezdok and turn down the DHM effect to keep from getting sick lol.

hahaha i had that same effect to when climbing after takeoff. I thought it was Opus only but Ezdok had it share of effects also lol.

Mr Leny

CPU I7 8700K @ 5.0GHz , MOBO -Asus Maximus X Hero (WiFi AC),GPU - GTX1080 TI , RAM - CORSAIR Vengeance RGB 16GB DDR4 3600MHz
SSD -Crucial MX500 1TB (P3D Install Only)
OS- Samsung 960 EVO 500GB (Window 10 Pro 64)

I've been absent from the internet (and what's new for FSX) for about a year. I thought that maybe Accu-Feel was something you gave "Heidi" while flying the A2A Piper Cub. After reading about it here, I'm thinking I was wrong! :O

I thought that maybe Accu-Feel was something you gave "Heidi" while flying the A2A Piper Cub.

Heidi comes with Accu-Sim for the A2A Cub, and shows up as a flight attendant in the A2A B377 Stratocruiser with Captain of the Ship (Accu-Sim). A2A aircraft usually have some version of Accu-Sim that can be purchases for them, and on the two I have it's really worth it.

Accu-Feel is A2A's attempt to bring a lot of what Accu-Sim does to all aircraft. Heidi not included, unfortunately.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

You have to leave FSX turbulence turned ON or Accu-feel will never "know" if you are flying into turbulence and can't add any effects.

How the heck do I tell the difference from regular FSX turbulence and that of Acuufeel.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3