Sign in to follow this  
SQUAWKIDENT

Accufeel V2 - anyone got the turbulence working?

Ok, will check.

I use the unregistered version of FSUIPC.

The aircraft was bouncing about as you expect in turbulence, but there was no additional cockpit shake like the video a few posts earlier.

I will try your test in the morning.

-Iain Watson-

there was no additional cockpit shake like the video a few posts earlier.

The earlier video had turbulence set to an extreme level. This is probably not something you'd want for normal flying. But with everything set to extremes and you're still not seeing a huge effect, then there's a problem somewhere.

Just to let everyone know what I'm dong, I'm trying to eliminate every possibility except an actual program bug. A2A would have to go through the same process. It's just easier if we do it here and not force the A2A people to go through it every time. And anyway, how often do you get first level customer support with over 35 years of programming experience? :D

Something I forgot earlier: before you take off, taxi across the grass at moderate speed to verify that you're getting the cockpit shakes and rattles on the ground. This verifies that Accu-Feel is working and communicating with FSX. Oh, and thanks for your help.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Now I suddenly got it working after disabling FSUIPC. I first took off with Default Cessna 172 and confirmed I got rattles and some shake on the ground, and then in the air I started to get sounds caused by turbulence though I didn't notice much cockpit shaking although turbulence was set to 99% (other than clear air one which is turned off), used severe thunderstorm theme.

A little before when I tried it after disabling FSUIPC I couldn't get it to work though, I think it might have something to do with how I started the test, earlier I just used slew mode to get up but this time I actually took off.

Ok guys for opus users try this it works take off from Montreal airport with opus running its quite nasty there right now, this is for opus users only I caught a video on a2a forums and did a quick screenshot of his settings check it out should clear things up, use the default lear jet make sure in opus your settings are the same as in the screenshots also keep in mind you need to tell opus which aircraft you are using so in this case change it to the lear jet, any question just ask. Dont forget in the pull down opus menu make sure your DHM is enabled works great.

jfggvr.jpg

spd501.jpg

Rich Sennett

I have some serious issues with this software. While it works for some, it plainly is up the gum tree for me. I have now reinstalled and tried many different settings. Today I made a flight with turbulence switched to medium in FSX weather, but no matter how I turned the sliders down in Accufeel, even down to 0%, the aircraft (Realair Lancair) was being thrown all over the place, to the point where it was completely unflyable! If I switched off Accufeel completely, then the aircraft resumed correct flight dynamics. There clearly is a real problem here and I'm unsure where to go with it. I think I will uninstall and return to the previous version.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Howard I would assume you have opus if you do just try my post you should be fine notice also the opus sliders have been adjusted as seen in screenshot (dynamic head movement section)

Rich Sennett

I think it might have something to do with how I started the test, earlier I just used slew mode to get up but this time I actually took off.

Bizarre. I wonder if this makes a difference. I can't imagine how. At this point, we don't know, but if nothing else pans out, we could do a few tests. In the end, whether Accu-Feel turbulence works for you or not will depend on what you had for breakfast that morning... or something equally unlikely.

used severe thunderstorm theme.

The problem with using the theme is that you never know for sure what turbulence you'll get at any given time. That's why I suggested setting up a custom theme with moderate turbulence in some wind layer and trying that. Jack it up to severe after the first test to see if there's a difference, and try Accu-Feel turbulence and gust sliders both halfway and high with both moderate and severe turbulence set in the weather theme to see what the differences are.

Hook

no matter how I turned the sliders down in Accufeel, even down to 0%, the aircraft (Realair Lancair) was being thrown all over the place, to the point where it was completely unflyable! If I switched off Accufeel completely, then the aircraft resumed correct flight dynamics.

That's an important point. Thanks.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Howard I would assume you have opus if you do just try my post you should be fine notice also the opus sliders have been adjusted as seen in screenshot (dynamic head movement section)

Hi Rich, I use Opus, but only for RW, none of the camera effects as I use Ezdok...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

A quick question. If turbulence is not working, does Accu-Feel save your settings? For example, if you set turbulence and gusts high, then click Save and Exit, after you exit FSX and restart and reload that aircraft, are the Accu-Feel settings where you left them last time?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Howard I dumped ezdok one less thing to worry about so not sure on those settings - sorry about that

As for accu-feel saving it should save the settings, but the weather injected next time out may be different so the effects will be different.

Rich Sennett

As for accu-feel saving it should save the settings, but the weather injected next time out may be different so the effects will be different.

I don't care about the weather here, only if Accu-Feel remembers the settings from last time. If it doesn't we've got a bug.

Right now, Howard's post is the closest thing I've seen to evidence of an actual bug. Possibly that the turbulence/gust sliders are not effecting what's being transferred to FSX.

Howard, it might be helpful if you'd report this one on the A2A forums, under Accu-Feel Technical Support. Just basically copy your post from here with a little background information. I'll keep an eye on it if you do. It's better for you to do it than me because they can troubleshoot directly.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Hello Richard,

If i try the config you post, what i get is only "head movment" and not the hole aircraft movement by accusim, is this correct? With the setting you post th aircraft will not sufer from accusim turbulence, only your "head" will shake. (I´m a Opus DHM user). I´m very confused by what to turn on and off to this work :lol:

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

All seems fine to me but if you like you can turn some of the accu-feel turbulence settings to see if helps to achieve what you are looking for.

Rich Sennett

All seems fine to me but if you like you can turn some of the accu-feel turbulence settings to see if helps to achieve what you are looking for.

Turning off accu-feel turbulence? Why do you wanna turn Accu-feel turbulence off when that is what you want to have? I have Opus and didn't need to enable the DHM effects and turn Accufell turb off. Just doesn't make sense.

People really shouldn't have to be doing so much speculation about the proper way to set this program up to work with the various programs like Active Sky, Opus, or Fsuipc, or planes like the NGx. Certainly a2a must have tested Accufeel V2 with these extremely common addons and know what it can and can't do with them, right? There should be a configuration guide. As for me, I've had enough unsuccessful experimenting, and just decided to turn all of the new settings and features off for the short term, reverting to only using the subset of features contained in version 1. I very much liked Accufeel Version 1.1, and If I just pretend that Version 2 doesn't exist for the time being, and which I never expected them to do in the first place, then it will prevent me from getting annoyed waiting for a patch :lol:

edit: There is a clear bug in the saving of new airplane profiles for which a previous .dat doesn't exist--you have to save your new settings twice. I don't know if this has been mentioned before or not.