Sign in to follow this  
SQUAWKIDENT

Accufeel V2 - anyone got the turbulence working?

Still not working after reinstall, when I completely disable engine and all other sounds I can only hear wind sound, no rattling or anything like in videos and turbulence seems to be just the same no matter if Accufeel is on or off.

I hope A2A would find a solution to this... And I do have turbulence enabled in both FSUIPC and FSX settings, tested with default Cessna 172.

Just to add, same thing in here. No turbulence effects at all, even with everything else turned off and only fsx bad weather with turbulence on.

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

Hi Larry, so I have to choose with either turning the turbulence on or turning it off for the benefit of the NGX?

I think that's about the size of it.

All I really know is, the AS2012 documentation recommends turning turbulence effects off for "certain third party aircraft" and in another place mentions the PMG 737 NGX by name because the autopilot will do S-turns around your track if there's turbulence. I've heard at least one of the versions of the Concorde has the same problem.

I don't know if the real aircraft acts like this, the developers couldn't figure out or didn't take the time to fix it, or if it was done on purpose to force you to hand fly in turbulence. The end effect is that people turned turbulence off.

Anyone who has ever flown the NGX or another aircraft with the S-turn problem has turned turbulence effects off somewhere and may not even remember it. I don't even know how many different places it can be turned off (didn't know about FSUIPC for example), or even if it's done automatically by some addon or other without it telling you.

Still not working after reinstall, when I completely disable engine and all other sounds I can only hear wind sound, no rattling or anything like in videos and turbulence seems to be just the same no matter if Accufeel is on or off.

Post a screen shot of your Accu-Feel menu the way you have it set up for the C172 in a situation where you expect to see enhanced turbulence. Maybe we can figure something out.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

If we can eliminate Accufeel as a variable here for a second: My pre accufeel 2 configuration was to use Direct Weather Control in Active Sky, have turbulence ON in FSX, but have the 3 boxes for turbulence, gusts, and variance Checked in FSUIPC. I had read that that would do the trick, and sure enough this configuration eliminated S-turn behavior completely, but the airplane would nevertheless bounce around just like you would expect in heavy weather or turbulence. I've been doing it that way for years, and I don't know if it is the "best" way, its just one way that actually seemed to work among a million your-mileage-may-vary suggestions found online concerning the behavior of PMDG aircraft and the wind. The only question I would have is whether or not having those boxes checked in FSUIPC would interfere with Accufeel being able to detect a turbulence event. I'm having some trouble testing this because I'm not seeing much of a difference in any case, checked or unchecked, and am waiting on the next update which will allow me to increase the volume of rattles and shakes caused by Accufeel turbulence.

The only question I would have is whether or not having those boxes checked in FSUIPC would interfere with Accufeel being able to detect a turbulence event.

It's interesting that this works. I haven't studied FSUIPC in depth, so I don't know exactly what's happening. I'd at least try changing those settings to see if it made a difference, or removing FSUIPC from the dll.xml file temporarily to eliminate all possibility of FSUIPC influencing it. It might be easier to rename the FSUIPC4.dll file temporarily for this test.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Everything looks good in the screen shot. With all sounds off in FSX, you're still getting a wind sound, so Accu-Feel is probably working. I'm assuming you hear drag rumble if you lower the flaps, and get some bounce and rattle when taxiing across grass at moderate speed. If so, then we know for sure Accu-Feel is working.

The next step I'd try is to rename FSUIPC4.dll in your Modules folder so it doesn't get loaded. If the problem goes away, then it's some setting in FSUIPC that's causing it and we can investigate further. If that doesn't make the problem go away then we need to look elsewhere.

Hook

Larry Hookins

A little update to my expirience with accuefeel. When I tested my planes with default weather setup for severe turbulence I had some problems getting turbulence with the Bronco X and PMDG J41, and i tought they just wouldn't work with accufeel and I never could get any good turbulence with Opus(just subtle effects) so I had all the turbulence sliders at max.

Then i did some flying in New Zealand today with Opus live weather and to my surprise suddenly It just works with all my planes even the J41 and they jumped around like crazy in just moderate turbulence so I had to turn all sliders back to default settings.

Something strange must have happend, seems like Accufeel just needed some time on my system to finally work as it should :smile:

Then i did some flying in New Zealand today with Opus live weather and to my surprise suddenly It just works with all my planes

Did you by any chance change your default flight?

Hook

Larry Hookins

Didn't do anything just started up a normal flight at Milford Sound as usual and It just worked, like magic, have no idea what happend :blink2: Now i get turbulence when flying trough clouds wich never happend before today.

Whas a little dissapointed when i bought Accufeel v2 because I bought it mainly for getting turbulence with Opusl, now I'm really happy :Party:

Edit: hmm, I did do something though, I upgraded my FSUIPC from and old free version version to a new registered one, but didn't edit any settings.

I upgraded my FSUIPC

Thanks, interesting to know. Just one more data point. One of the reasons I suggested removing FSUIPC rather than just changing a setting.

I hope FScamp comes back, I'd really like to troubleshoot this one to the end.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Don´t have turbulence either. Simple default flight, no Opus running, severe thunderstorm theme, no cockpit shaking or noise, just wind noise from side slipping. So far I see no difference to the first version :(

-Iain Watson-

I hope FScamp comes back, I'd really like to troubleshoot this one to the end.

Yeah, would be nice to know where the problem lies.

thunderstorm theme, no cockpit shaking or noise

If there was turbulence, you should have had effects on the aircraft without or without Accu-Feel installed.

Instead of the thunderstorm theme, set a custom theme with a wind layer which has MODERATE turbulence, not severe. Use the default Cessna 172. Rename FSUIPC4.dll so it's not loaded. Set turbulence and gusts in Accu-Feel to half. Go flying. After a few minutes in the turbulence, turn Accu-Feel off and look for any difference. Then turn it back on. Let us know what happens.

Hook

Larry Hookins