Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ryanbatcund

Pet Peeve about these forums search

Feel free to move this to correct sub forum...

Anyway can we get the default search to be "Forums" rather than "google site search?"

If I wanted to google I'd just go to the top of my browser...

Anyway can we get the default search to be "Forums" rather than "google site search?"

It is there because we are search the entire site, not just the forums.

I tried it... I guess I was confused because it looked like a web search but it does work like you say...

Thanks

Please Sir, I have a pet peeve too. When I search for something, matter not what, I can't bear being told "This is 15 years old and wont be of any use". Or words to that effect. The fact that what I found IS of use makes me go 'Grrr!'

Thank you, I wanted to say that for yonks. :biggrin:

Please Sir, I have a pet peeve too. When I search for something, matter not what, I can't bear being told "This is 15 years old and wont be of any use". Or words to that effect. The fact that what I found IS of use makes me go 'Grrr!'

+1

Yep, we're discussing a sim from the days of the dinosaurs, so old info isn't really outdated.

One search function that I miss is the "Search this thread" or "Search this forum" tab. That would be great to have.

Try it now Ron.

One search function that I miss is the "Search this thread" or "Search this forum" tab. That would be great to have.

Have you guys even used this function? Click on the Google Site label:

And if you click on the gear next to the search box, you will get even more options.

No, I have not Tom. Did not even know that it was "clickable" :shok: . Cool. thanks for the tip.

Wow I hadn't even seen that option box. Now if only it had a button called "This Forum" it would be complete =).

I have had the best success simply by typing in my search word (which is usually a dll) then hitting return (don't hit the spyglass next to Google). When I do this it appears to be searching only the site you are in when you try the search. Learning how to search AVSIM is most important as it can resolve a lot of questions.

Best regards,

Jim

Aaaah, I feel all warm in my tummy.

Okay, so translating from midland Brit to American, I read that as you found that it works and now you are "happy happy", as Phil from Duck Commanders would say.

The translation is spot on but it's from 'Southern Brit' to American. Good shot though. :smile:

Whatever happened to the Grand Plans to populate the "AVSIM for Dummies" section of the Tutorial section? :lol:

Whatever happened to the Grand Plans to populate the "AVSIM for Dummies" section of the Tutorial section? :lol:

Now that was subtle... The dummy working on "AVSIM for Dummies", dummied up... And he knows who he is... :LMAO: