Sign in to follow this  
shaun_ak

Megascenery Earth v2 cost

KPSP is a mess. I have Megascnery So cal... and I have the same issue.

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yes, I think so. Sorry Drew, I'm lousy with names. :-)

I guess it's finally time for me to break down and get ADE. I don't really want to mess with mesh settings for the reason you describe above. Nice to know that this is fairly easily corrected, though.

Scott

Scott, ADE is a terrific tool for anything else, but it did not help to fix the texture bleed and sudden elevation change problems in some payware airports and MSE underneath (good example is the picture above). I was bashing my head while changing elevations and flattens with ADE, but the problem was not in the mesh. To the extent that I will not use MSE anymore in my new build / install. As much as Iiked photoreal textures in some areas, I think I'll settle for utx and gex.

Dirk.

KPSP is a mess. I have Megascnery So cal... and I have the same issue.

Hi Manny

It's very strange though, as it didn't use to be like this. It wasn't happening on my last FSX installation.

Hi Manny

It's very strange though, as it didn't use to be like this. It wasn't happening on my last FSX installation.

Were you using the any payware mesh earlier? I need to dust off my old PC to check out if I have this issue on that one.. I don't remember this issue with my prior install either. Except this time, I did not install any payware mesh...

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Were you using the any payware mesh earlier? I need to dust off my old PC to check out if I have this issue on that one.. I don't remember this issue with my prior install either. Except this time, I did not install any payware mesh...

Yeh, I've always had FSG mesh and it's always installed prior to any addon sceneries.

I got the Mass state from MegaScenery

I must be doing something wrong? If not I regret buying it

Installed the NEW 2.1 version for MASS and this is MUCH BETTER

The comparison shots are 'almost' from the same point of view....

Edited by firehawk44
Image removed. Exceeds 400KB weight limit. Please repost with proper size (1600W and 400KB weight). Thanks!

Here is the same airport from the air ...

14awncfromtheair.jpg

with Scenery set to Ultra High

Get ADE and go go through the turtorials so you know the basics then open this airport. If this is a stock airport use the "Open Stock Airport" option.

Once you have the airport open use the terrain polygon tool and draw a terrain polygon around the whole airport. When the polygon properties box pops up you want type set as airport background and tag set at Flatten Exclude AutoGen or try Flatten Mask Class Map ExcludeAutoGen

Save and compile the airport. Add the new airport bgl to FSX, but make sure that the priority for this is higher in the scenery library than MSE.

This is a common problem that I run across using MSX or MSE. You can also try just opening and compliling the airport to get a new bgl and then put the new bgl into FSX at a higher scenery priority than MSE or MSX.

Hi Manny

You can try this to see if it fixes it.

"Get ADE and go go through the turtorials so you know the basics then open this airport. If this is a stock airport use the "Open Stock Airport" option.

Once you have the airport open use the terrain polygon tool and draw a terrain polygon around the whole airport. When the polygon properties box pops up you want type set as airport background and tag set at Flatten Exclude AutoGen or try Flatten Mask Class Map ExcludeAutoGen

Save and compile the airport. Add the new airport bgl to FSX, but make sure that the priority for this is higher in the scenery library than MSE.

This is a common problem that I run across using MSX or MSE. You can also try just opening and compliling the airport to get a new bgl and then put the new bgl into FSX at a higher scenery priority than MSE or MSX."

Recently installed Michigan Megascenry 2.0 and therre are large areas of default scenry bleed through. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix? The issues presents itself in both FSX and Prepar3d.

Examples: Winter and Summer texture bleed through

Peppy any chance of some night light shots around Boston area, would like to see how lights are implemented with megascenery 2.1 thanks.

Rich Sennett

Get ADE and go go through the turtorials so you know the basics then open this airport. If this is a stock airport use the "Open Stock Airport" option.

This is a common problem that I run across using MSX or MSE. You can also try just opening and compliling the airport to get a new bgl and then put the new bgl into FSX at a higher scenery priority than MSE or MSX.

"Get ADE and go go through the turtorials so you know the basics then open this airport. If this is a stock airport use the "Open Stock Airport" option.

This is a common problem that I run across using MSX or MSE. You can also try just opening and compliling the airport to get a new bgl and then put the new bgl into FSX at a higher scenery priority than MSE or MSX."

Thanks for that. Got it 'sort of' sorted with ADE.

Thanks for that. Got it 'sort of' sorted with ADE.

Dougal,

- Did you set Flatten Exclude AutoGen or Flatten Mask Class Map ExcludeAutoGen?

-

You can also try just opening and compliling the airport to get a new bgl and then put the new bgl into FSX at a higher scenery priority than MSE or MSX.

Which one of the two did you use?

Thanks,

Dirk.

I hope I'll fix my seethrough problems with the above, thanks for sharing.

idahosurge, when you add a newly compiled bgl to your scenery.cfg as per above, does it create 2 entries of the same airport in the list? It must do so, unless you meant just to drop the newer bgl in the same scenery folder of the airport that already was added to scenery.cfg. Should it overwrite the original bgl?

Dirk.

Dirk, I used the first one. No I didn't overwrite or change the original. I simply put the new BGL into KPSP/Scenery then activated it in the usual way.

Dirk, I used the first one. No I didn't overwrite or change the original. I simply put the new BGL into KPSP/Scenery then activated it in the usual way.

Dougal, to clarify your method:

1) The new BGL was created with a different name from the original one or you gave it a custom name and then you just dropped it in KPSP/Scenery folder, didn't you?

2) Did you activate KPSP scenery when you installed it first time? If so, i.e.e it was activated already, why did you want to activate it second time? Scenery activation (how I understand it) is just a matter of adding a new dedicated entry to your scenery.cfg. If your KPSP/scenery was already in the config why would you want to try and activate it the second time?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Dougal, to clarify your method:

1) The new BGL was created with a different name from the original one or you gave it your custom name and then you just dropped it in KPSP/Scenery folder, didn't you?

2) Did you activate KPSP scenery when you installed it first time? If so, i.e.e it was activated already, why did you want to activate it second time? Scenery activation (how I understand it) is just a matter of adding a new dedicated entry to your scenery.cfg. If your KPSP/scenery was already in the config why would you want to try and activate it the second time?

Thanks,

Dirk.

Seems like we've got some confusion here Dirk. My KPSP is default FSX (+ SoCal), so there was no previously activated scenery for that airport. I allowed ADE to create it's own file names for the bgl files it created (2). Then I created a folder and subfolder for them (KPSP/Scenery) in Addon Scenery, then activated it as normal.

Here's what I ended up with...

http://www.maidenbradley.com/KPSP.zip