Sign in to follow this  
shaun_ak

Megascenery Earth v2 cost

Recently installed Michigan Megascenry 2.0 and therre are large areas of default scenry bleed through. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a fix? The issues presents itself in both FSX and Prepar3d.

I'm going to bet it's a missing water polygon. MSE v1 NY/NJ had them all over the place too. I solved this by placing my two UTX water layers on top of the MSE scenery layers. The water polys defined by UTX filled in the missing lakes/rivers/ponds

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

Feel that way with this product the trees and shadow placement give a good illusion of it.

That's why I'm so torn when it comes to photo scenery. One second you're flying over photorealstic scenery that looks totally 3D, and at a much higher frame rate than with traditional scenery. Then you pan the view and end up viewing everything from the "wrong" angle, causing the illusion to fall apart - buildings look like they're laying fat on the ground, and shadows pointing in the wrong directions..

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

I'm going to bet it's a missing water polygon. MSE v1 NY/NJ had them all over the place too. I solved this by placing my two UTX water layers on top of the MSE scenery layers. The water polys defined by UTX filled in the missing lakes/rivers/ponds

How did you do that?

Thanks,

Dirk.

This is assuming you have UTX NA installed - go into your Scenery Library and find the UTX layers in the list labeled "UT FSX Waterclass" and "UT Usa Water" and then use the Move Up/Move Down buttons to place them on top of the MSE layers (lower number == higher priority)

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Gaiiden-

This worked for the water bleed. Still have land class bleed over from the default scenery to the MSE. Any ideas here? Thank you much.

This is assuming you have UTX NA installed - go into your Scenery Library and find the UTX layers in the list labeled "UT FSX Waterclass" and "UT Usa Water" and then use the Move Up/Move Down buttons to place them on top of the MSE layers (lower number == higher priority)

A lot of practical info in this thread.

Thanks,

Dirk.

I wonder, if you own any area of FS Altitude, would it work with this. For example if you owned eastern US I wonder if it would work with MSE in the western US. It'd be cool because the airports wouldn't be flat when you came in for a landing.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

I wonder, if you own any area of FS Altitude, would it work with this. For example if you owned eastern US I wonder if it would work with MSE in the western US. It'd be cool because the airports wouldn't be flat when you came in for a landing.

Gregg

Really? I thought FS Altitude used ultra low resolution scenery for really high altitude flying like in the Flight Levels. Nothing at all for low altitude, especially 3d scenery objects for approaches to airports.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Really? I thought FS Altitude used ultra low resolution scenery for really high altitude flying like in the Flight Levels. Nothing at all for low altitude, especially 3d scenery objects for approaches to airports.

Ray

IIRC it reverts to the standard scenery below a certain altitude.

Well actually FSAltitude has small area of default scenery around aircraft at all times, however when you climb high enough (like + 15 000ft) you won't see it from the cockpit or most other natural viewpoints, of course if you go to outside view and look down then you will see it.

Then when you descend lower you will naturally start to see more of that default scenery area around your aircraft until near the ground level you will see FSAltitude area only far in the distance.

If you used these with FSAltitude and placed them below it in scenery library you would simply see that middle area that would normally be default getting replaced with this photoreal scenery, and if you placed it over FSAltitude in scenery library you would see just this one, no FSAltitude at all anywhere within coverage of megascenery earth.

Well actually FSAltitude has small area of default scenery around aircraft at all times, however when you climb high enough (like + 15 000ft) you won't see it from the cockpit or most other natural viewpoints, of course if you go to outside view and look down then you will see it.

Then when you descend lower you will naturally start to see more of that default scenery area around your aircraft until near the ground level you will see FSAltitude area only far in the distance.

If you used these with FSAltitude and placed them below it in scenery library you would simply see that middle area that would normally be default getting replaced with this photoreal scenery, and if you placed it over FSAltitude in scenery library you would see just this one, no FSAltitude at all anywhere within coverage of megascenery earth.

Good info there, and yes, to confirm, FSAltitude does not make any changes to the default airports in terms of 3D object/building/tree upgrades etc.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

From what I understood (could be wrong) that you could use other photoscenery with FSAltitude. Up higher you'd see all the photoreal but down low you'd see some building and trees as you were landing and taking off. But I'd only want the engine...not their photogen. How cool would that be with this scenery?

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

This worked for the water bleed. Still have land class bleed over from the default scenery to the MSE. Any ideas here? Thank you much.

You'll still notice bleed along the shorelines of any large water body - this was discussed in this thread

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog