Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

My "Perfect" sim isn't perfect, after all :-( ...

One of these days I will dedicate to aeromodelism instead of simming to compensate for the less time I now fly for real due to lack of $ime... (FMI restrictions on leisure flight are tough around here....)

My DCS World isn't better, in fact it is worst than XP10 in the area of control reversal for negative speeds :-(

I am almost sure that on a tailslide it's flight dynamics are wrong! Oh Sh@§!!!!!

XP10 (I didn't try this on Aerofly FS) is apparently the only sim now modelling this "feature"... On a tail slide, left aileron gives right roll, forward yoke gives pitch up, left rudder gives right yaw... etc...

I'm disappointed :-(

Or... after all I love X-Plane 10 again too ;-) hehe...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Good lord, man! You're more fickle than my ex-wife! :lol:

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Give it up man, nothing comes close to the real thing :)

Each sim has its own flaws, just pick the one the most FUN to you

Could you do a video showing that Jcomm? I have trouble visualizing this maneuver you're talking about.

Well, no computer comes close to the real deal my friend! Specially if you're outside of normal envelope. I bet even a real C172 will do things people didn't know to be possible for all these years. What we need in our simulations is a good FM for the 99% of the flight, Takeoff, climb, cruise, descent and landing, X-Plane is lacking in this right now, with huge stability issues. Want to do stuff other than this, better go to your local flight club and get a flying lesson on an aerobatic, then you will have all the fun in the world!

Alexis Mefano

I'll try to get a DCS video, but I never recorded one (just tracks that can be played on the sim). Anyhow, it is very difficult to get into a stabilized tail slide with either the p51d or the a10c (the only two aircraft I used to test in DCS).

You can enter the maneuver just like as if you were going to do a hammerhead but lost too much speed and your airplane starts falling on it's tail... During the rearward descent, control inputs should have reversed effects...

In XP10 it is easy to test in pitch and bank, while not very easy in yaw (rudder reversal).

Apparently the A10c in DCS when in a tailslide will roll to the same side you made your aileron input... I will keep testing.

Of course this is by no way a show killer for me regarding DCS. The sim is AMAZING even if this aspect isn't being modeled, but it's also good to know that XPlane10 models it right (at least the principle of reversal is there...). Of course FSX, MS FLIGHT don't (easy to test, even with the best payware ...). I didn't try when I had AeroflyFS installed (I am curious...).

I would love to learn aerobatics in RL. The ASK21 allowed me to experience a few basic maneuvers, like loopings, tonneaus, hammerheads... and an unintentional tailslide once :-/

Looking fwd for your comments on the torque roll tweak suggestion at the other thread Alec :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

One of these days I will dedicate to aeromodelism instead of simming to compensate for the less time I now fly for real due to lack of $ime... (FMI restrictions on leisure flight are tough around here....)

My DCS World isn't better, in fact it is worst than XP10 in the area of control reversal for negative speeds :-(

I am almost sure that on a tailslide it's flight dynamics are wrong! Oh Sh@§!!!!!

XP10 (I didn't try this on Aerofly FS) is apparently the only sim now modelling this "feature"... On a tail slide, left aileron gives right roll, forward yoke gives pitch up, left rudder gives right yaw... etc...

I'm disappointed :-(

Or... after all I love X-Plane 10 again too ;-) hehe...

OMG jcomm!!!

Just try to love what each one has to offer.

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

You can enter the maneuver just like as if you were going to do a hammerhead but lost too much speed and your airplane starts falling on it's tail... During the rearward descent, control inputs should have reversed effects...

And which sim can predict if these flight surfaces will separate from the airframe..............as they often have in real life, when it's not structurally sound for such maneuvers.

Jcomm, you needed to be around 50-60-70 years ago when the "manufacturers" were looking for test pilots to fly on the edge.

"Jcomm, we want you to try this...snicker....snicker.....snicker...."

"Jcomm, ok, when do we get started"

"Jcomm at the pearly gates, "Pick your Maker", that really hurt"

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

:diablo:

there is no way jcomm is going upstairs :lol: :LMAO: :diablo:

RoFL !!!!! ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

You are like the guy that keeps forgetting to take his anti depressant pills, week on , week off. The highs and lows must be killing you :)

Have you checked in tracks which way the plane was heading when it lost momentum? if it already had a turn to the left or right before it started to go backwards that could account for it, although somewhat randomly.

You are like the guy that keeps forgetting to take his anti depressant pills, week on , week off.

:-)

It was more of a joke, because DCS is still my preferred flightsim right now... I do admit I have been trying hard to prove that the control reversal is modeled, but so far the tests I performed (even taking into account your remark, and killing the engine in both aircraft which is particularly important in the Mustang because of the various prop effects modeled) were not absolutely conclusive.

Anyway, many of the tests also revealed the amazing level of detail that has been put into every aspect of this great simulation platform (DCS World) from the flight dynamics to the scenery, weather depiction, etc... I've been reading threads about the weather and how it is rendered in XP10, and although it is satisfactory for my standards, I have to take my hat off to what DCS does with their clouds, visibility, sky / water / land colors and shadows, seasonal textures, etc...

And I haven't yet started using it online for some dogfights!!!! Looking forward for it :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

control reversal

I think I did a control reversal at a bar last week after a few drinks :O :lol:

I think I did a control reversal at a bar last week after a few drinks :O :lol:

Don't make me break out the fire extinguisher again. I swear by the Great Green Arkleseizure, I'll do it if I have to!

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.