Sign in to follow this  
jjjallen

Aces Team Members Back On Task

No it won't... or it won't be for long.

And thank goodness for that! :)

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

No it won't... or it won't be for long.

May God bless you and your one good nerve!! :Applause: :American Flag:

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

May God bless you and your one good nerve!! :Applause: :American Flag:

LOL... Yeah, it's nice to know that some people do appreciate my one good nerve.

LOL... Yeah, it's nice to know that some people do appreciate my one good nerve.

Some people say you have a lot of it too!

Sorry, Tom - that was too good to pass up - I'll accept my suspension gladly!! :P

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Some people say you have a lot of it too!

Sorry, Tom - that was too good to pass up - I'll accept my suspension gladly!! :P

Vic

Guilty as charged... Dealing with some folks in this hobby requires a lot of nerve - you know, as in I don't get intimidated and I don't "tolerate fools gladly", as they say... :p0802:

Try this:

The third item is of larger concern to PMDG however as it relates to our basic concern to protect the investment our customers make in our products. We have not seen a commitment by Lockheed Martin to support the “casual simmer” beyond providing methods for users to obtain a license for Prepar3d through “wink and nudge” means. Lockheed Martin has been very careful not to enter the retail entertainment market with Prepar3d and has some very good reasons for not doing so. Without taking a step to enter the retail entertainment simulator market, Lockheed Martin has (in the opinion of PMDG and our counsel) left the door open so that they could, at any time change direction and enforce the terms of the EULA on Prepar3d thus requiring all Prepar3d users to prove compliance with their EULA. When this happens, the vast majority of simmers currently exploring Prepar3d as an alternative platform will be left without a valid license or usage rights because they do not meet the very limited band of allowable users as defined by the Lockheed Martin EULA. We prefer that our customers not be left having made an investment in a PMDG product only to lose the ability to use that product because they are using it on a platform for which they don’t have clear usage rights for Prepar3d.

Now, if things have changed since PMDG made this statement then that's different.

Bryan.

A valid concern but, IMHO, also invalid. FSX was essentially dumped by MS. Where would we all be if we took that type of advice years ago. The FSX community seems alive and well in spite of that. I just don't see thie issue - if PMDG produces product for P3D *and* P3D pulls the plug down the road - so what? We will be EXACTLY where we are today with FSX - no legit support but the thing still works. And I'd venture a guess that in that scenario, P3D would continue to work.

Either way I don't feel that it's a big deal. I enjoy FSX and I enjoy P3D and look forward to seeing what comes down the road. And if nothing else comes down the road - we move on to something else.

Just think PMDG is being a tad too careful.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

So, JV finally got the memo saying LM had hired a few ex-ACES members a few years ago and he is labeling it as the Second Coming? Yesterday's news is so exciting!

For some folks apparently. :p0503:

And I'd venture a guess that in that scenario, P3D would continue to work.

Vic

I'm not totally convinced that if LM pulled the plug the product would continue to work.

Don't forget PREPAR3D uses an online activation system, I can imagine that it would not be very difficult for LM to ensure that any user install would become non operative after a certain date if they so chose.

Bryan.

I'm not totally convinced that if LM pulled the plug the product would continue to work.

Shut down your connection to the internet and find out.

All of you guys who worry about your addons are in for a surprise.there is a very cheap FSX to P3D migration tool which works perfectly.also most big name developers are now using joint FSX/P3d installers.IE Aerosoft,REX,Orbx and Quality wings to name a few.it's looking very good.

steve

should add that although installing P3D i am now back with FSX.still some hardware issues for me(Saitek)

I still look forward to P3D version 2.

Shut down your connection to the internet and find out.

Ha, I could try that but it wouldn't make any difference as i don't have Prepar3d installed.

Bryan.

Ha, I could try that but it wouldn't make any difference as i don't have Prepar3d installed.

There is a school of philosophy (I will leave it to you to figure out which one) that is governed by a real simple principle. The best example of this is an illustrative example.

Two men stand at the farm fence arguing over how many teeth the horse in the field has. The discussion and opinions are never ending...

A third man, not two steps away, climbs the fence, struts over to the horse and yanks it's mouth open. Viola... 44 teeth (factoid... horses, donkey's and the like can have up to 44).

The point is: we can sit around and speculate all day, but until you walk up to the horse and yank its jaws open, you will never know for sure.

There is a school of philosophy (I will leave it to you to figure out which one) that is governed by a real simple principle. The best example of this is an illustrative example.

The point is: we can sit around and speculate all day, but until you walk up to the horse and yank its jaws open, you will never know for sure.

What you talking about, Willis?

smiling-horse.jpg

Regards,

Efrain Ruiz
LiveDISPATCH @ http://www.livedispatch.org (CLOSED) ☹️