Sign in to follow this  
jjjallen

Aces Team Members Back On Task

I'm glad I have no access to the part of your mind that dug up that metaphor... :)

Hey, I never metaphor I didn't like!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

necrophiliac

Oh brother.. (no pun or salutations intended)... :rolleyes:

I'm glad I have no access to the part of your mind that dug up that metaphor

That was no metaphor, but I would be very afraid to look into THAT part of Bill's mind... VERY AFRAID,

That was no metaphor, but I would be very afraid to look into THAT part of Bill's mind... VERY AFRAID,

It isn't? I thought the N word could be understood as a metaphor for "someone digging up old news and taking pleasure in it". And no pun or otherwise connection between the N word and pleassure is intended...

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

It isn't? I thought the N word could be understood as a metaphor for "someone digging up old news and taking pleasure in it". And no pun or otherwise connection between the N word and pleassure is intended...

The word has two meanings, of which the first is how I intended it to be understood:

1. Obsessive fascination with death and corpses.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

No Word Not Allowed, you missed nothing. It's in fact very "old news" that's been resurrected by some necrophiliac... 8P :crazy:

I thought so, but I could not remember exactly where I had heard this information previously, oh-so-long-ago.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Nothing new here as long as speculation continues to run supreme. However we are just consumers, and unless someone here in this thread has some special privledge to be in a secret boardroom with all the parties involved, I dont think we are privy to all the information. I recall some mention of an ORBX interview having some inside knowledge of the P3d developers be they former ACES team members or not. So we probably dont have all the business plan involved with P3D. But clearly something is going on or else all these devs for FSX would not be making native installers for it.

Put the licensing issues aside. We have no idea which way they are going to take this as being factual. Perhaps the 1.4 academic version is a hint. Perhaps not. Until its clear and officially announced it just has to be another wait and see. Personally I have P3D and it runs great with alot of addons from FSX that work, and Im not going to write it off just because of the speculation of licensing. It could very well be the foundation simulator with branches to appropriate commercial, corporate and retail markets. We just dont have the right to speak for LM and assume.

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

2309 days ago

LOL, puting it like that... sounds rather "current".

At any rate, the DX10 community already has fixed the DX10 part of FSX, and 90% of y'all are still missing out big time. You had FS11 all this time, and didn't know it.

Until payware airports work at night dx10 is not the holy grail yet, wish it was.

Rich Sennett

Until payware airports work at night dx10 is not the holy grail yet, wish it was.

That's not at issue with DX10.. That's an issue from the Payware devs. If the DX10 issue fix was better known, maybe those devs would release updates/patches for DX10 compatibility.

I understand though. Those kinds of things cost money, and you expect it to work.

How am I going to fix all my FS9 planes, both user and AI, that show up blank under DX10?

Thanks for the fun read, but I'll stick with the antique. Its worth a lot more to me. :blush:

Me too. Invested way too much into FSX and not going to get anything else. At least for now.

Accept what you got to work with. Any improvments will be incremental at best, and X-plane is what see long term. FSX will be dominant in 5 to 10 years from now because of the thousands of dollars people got tied up in payware and equipment. The future is combo of truck, train, flight combined into one is the way to go for simulator, but this wont happen for about 10 years at least.