Sign in to follow this  
fullmetal02

Aerosoft add on airports

Are some of Aerosoft's airports rebadged airports from established "known" developers. Are there any gems? Looking to add some international good performing hubs...

supporter.jpg

All Aerosoft airports, as far as I know, are dveloped by outsdie companies. Aerosoft is simply the publsiher. As for advice on which airports to buy, I would be very careful as some of them are hugely inefficient in terms of frames. A few of my favourites, that perform pretty well are, Corfu, Innsbruck, Faro, Bari, Heraklion, Nice, Lisbon and my fave of all... Gibraltar. Some of the heavy hitters are Amsterdam, Madrid, Barcelona, Charles De Gaulle, Heathrow. I need to add that this is only my own experience in owning these airports :wink:

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Munich and Anchorage are my top favorites of international hubs. Performance is pretty good and you get nice AES-lite features (like moving trains).

Harry

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Maybe a better question- who develops the airports for Aerosoft? If some are better than others perhaps I could sort by the original developer...

I am changing my strategy for new purchases. Airports get preference over small regional areas. I'm finding that this works for me as I'll fly to an airport much more often than taking multiple GA flights in the same small area.

supporter.jpg

Even the same developer could (and does) have good and bad airports, so the question is too generic to answer, because Aerosoft is selling over a hundred airports.

For starters, are you interested in large (x>2600m), medium (2600m>x>2100m) or small (2100m>x)? (x is the LDA of the longest runway) This is a very rough categorization I've done myself, depending on the type of planes I can land (and depart from) on an airport, of a given runway length.

Or there could be other features you want such as, level surrounding terrain or mountaineous? Good weather in general, or nasty fog/gusts/windshear etc.? Low altitude or high altitude?

Do you fly often during night? (if so, the airport should have approach lighting in at least one runway)

All Aerosoft airports, as far as I know, are dveloped by outsdie companies. Aerosoft is simply the publsiher. As for advice on which airports to buy, I would be very careful as some of them are hugely inefficient in terms of frames. A few of my favourites, that perform pretty well are, Corfu, Innsbruck, Faro, Bari, Heraklion, Nice, Lisbon and my fave of all... Gibraltar. Some of the heavy hitters are Amsterdam, Madrid, Barcelona, Charles De Gaulle, Heathrow. I need to add that this is only my own experience in owning these airports :wink:

+1, though I don't have all of the airports listed, especially not in the "heavy" segment(but I agree, Heathrow and CDG are extremely heavy, de Gaulle even more than Heathrow with VFR London enabled).

Especially Innsbruck and Gibraltar can be fun, due to the special location. Some other great airports they publish are Vienna by FlyTampa, whose sceneries always have excellent performance, Munich and the Balearics.

Maybe a better question- who develops the airports for Aerosoft? If some are better than others perhaps I could sort by the original developer...

Developers are usually listed on shop pages. Examples: 29Palms, A-Flight, Drzewiecki Design, FlyTampa, FSDG, German Airports Team, LimeSim, Peter Werlitz, Sim-wings.

I like flying around the Nordic area. Sweden, Finland Norway and Denmark. ESSA. ENVA. ENZV. ENGM. EFHK. EKCH. All airports available from Aerosoft and really well done. Hop around in the PMDG NGX or a GA aircraft.

I'm pretty happy with their Dusseldorf scenery by Mega Airports. I generally don't worry too much about airport scenery. I generally buy one or two airport scenery packages per region and they are my hub's for the region.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I think some are done in-house. For example, Peter Werlitz works for Aerosoft as far as I know and he did NiceX and worked on Orly and somw other stuff.

I always thought the GAP team worked for Aerosoft as an internal team, maybe not.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

All Aerosoft airports, as far as I know, are dveloped by outsdie companies. Aerosoft is simply the publsiher. As for advice on which airports to buy, I would be very careful as some of them are hugely inefficient in terms of frames. A few of my favourites, that perform pretty well are, Corfu, Innsbruck, Faro, Bari, Heraklion, Nice, Lisbon and my fave of all... Gibraltar. Some of the heavy hitters are Amsterdam, Madrid, Barcelona, Charles De Gaulle, Heathrow. I need to add that this is only my own experience in owning these airports

Thanks for the recommendations. I am expanding my European route network, and am considering Aerosoft Corfu, Ibiza, Innsbruck, Mykonos, Nice, and Paris Orly. FlyTampa Athens will probably be my Southern Europe hub, as might Aerosoft Rome.

Munich is my only in-house Aerosoft airport, and I am generally pleased with its visuals, but its performance could be more efficient. Could you please offer insight as to how my candidates compare to modern FlyTampa, FSDT, and UK2000 releases performance- and visuals-wise?

I am particularly interested in Nice, but its ground textures seem very blurry. Could you please share your detailed opinions about any candidates you own and tell whether one is indisputably better than another? If I could purchase three, which three would be an ideal group? Would any not be worth it considering its quality or that of possible alternatives?

considering Aerosoft Corfu, Ibiza, Innsbruck, Mykonos, Nice, and Paris Orly. FlyTampa Athens will probably be my Southern Europe hub, as might Aerosoft Rome.

If I could purchase three, which three would be an ideal group? Would any not be worth it considering its quality or that of possible alternatives?

Munich is rather old (if you could say that for an FSX product), so yes there is a bit of a performance hit. Out of your choices you listed, the three I would suggest would be 3 and a half-

FlyTampa Athens- in my opinion a must-have. Anything from them is top notch. The detail you get, and the performance you get with that detail is nothing next to astounding. Athens is one of my hubs, and I can take anything in there, even the NGX and J41 I'm fine on FPS. This counts as the half because it's just something to have in my opinion ^_^ .

To pair that off, I'd go with Mykonos or Corfu, but also suggest Heraklion. Corfu is good, but a little on the more aged side, and does come with a small performance hit, but has great visuals on approach. Mykonos is very recent and very very nice, and includes 2 heliports, landable stationary yacht, and a moving one that travels about and is also landable. So that gives you options for short hops to/fro Athens, and a playing field for some egg beaters. Heraklion is new as well, and is very, very detailed. It doesn't hit the system hard at all for what it offers, and has a performance manager that allows you to customize the area to allow some headroom if you have any performance issues. It's far enough away from Athens that you can take whatever you'd like to it, and still get at least a solid 30 minutes or more out of it.

Next choice- Innsbruck. It offers great approaches not matched by much that you can get. Mountains all over, and a small valley that you have to navigate. When your near minimums, it's one of those great rides that you land and park, and ask for more. The city is covered as well, so your approaches look great. It is a little older as well, but it's really one of those classics. Performance is good, but you may need to cut a slider if you're taking in something heavy-hitting.

The other is Nice. Nice is another favorite because of the approaches. The VOR 22L/R is a lot of fun and requires some precision. Of the ones of listed above, it does have a slight performance hit, but nothing major. I'd put it as better than Munich in terms of performance on final.

Orly I don't have. With Ibiza, if I were you, I would save the cash on that and grab the whole Balearics package. Then you get all three islands covered and 4 airports, for about twice the cost of just getting one airport.

Hope this helps, and for reference my setup is i7-2600 3.4 ghz, Nvidia GT 545. Typically when using the NGX or similar I'll have everything maxed, but water low 2x, Scenery Complexity Very Dense, Autogen Normal or Dense, and MyTraffic 5.3b 20% on airline, 15% GA, no road cars, and AS2012 running.

I agree with all of Kyle's comments, even down to the FSX settings. Athens is indeed a great airport and very FPS friendly. One airport that I absolutely love to death, is Gibraltar. Again, it is very famerate friendly, with superb autogen and I think it ranks as one of the top 10 most dangeroust airports! So a challenge on approaches.

BTW. I love Nice, but if I remember correctly I think there is some issue with the runway textures. I think there is an option somewhere to run with different textures, but to be honest it's been a while since I installed it so maybe do a search on the Aerosoft forum.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

FlyTampa Athens will probably be my Southern Europe hub...

Excellent choice. But do not buy it through Aerosoft. Buy it directly from FlyTampa.

...and am considering Aerosoft Corfu, Ibiza, Innsbruck, Mykonos, Nice, and Paris Orly.

Could you please offer insight as to how my candidates compare to modern FlyTampa, FSDT, and UK2000 releases performance- and visuals-wise?

1. I wouldn't keep FSDT as a "role model" airport scenery developer any longer, at least performance wise. Their recent Vancouver is among the top-5 worst-performing airports (framerates).

2. For the above, I can comment-suggest on everything except Mykonos (I don't have it).

- All are very good visually. Nice slightly shows its age, but it is not something so much that you wouldn't like.

- All have good framerates, except Orly, which is also in the top-5 worst performing airports.

- Do not get Ibiza alone. Get the whole Balearic Islands package. You get 3 good international airports for a good price.

But do not buy it through Aerosoft. Buy it directly from FlyTampa.

Only if you pay in Dollars, if you pay in Euros, Aerosoft and simmarket are a little less expensive considering the exchange fees you have to pay with PayPal(and probably with credit cards, too). I made that experience, because when Dubai came out I went to look whether it's less expensive at simmarket or when buying it directly from FT (which seemed to be less expensive at first), but when I wanted to checkout, I saw that with currency exchange fees applied, it was actually about 5 Euros more.