Sign in to follow this  
Murmur

[Poll] What will be Jcomm's perfect flight simulator next week?

What will be Jcomm's perfect flight simulator next week?  

56 members have voted

1. 1. What will be Jcomm's perfect flight simulator next week?

• FSX
    • Flight!
    • X-Plane 9
    • X-Plane 10
    • Prepar 3D
    • DCS
    • Aerofly FS
    • Flight Gear
    • Aerowinx PS1
    • IL-2
    • Elite
    • Flight Unlimited
    • Fly! II
    • Silent Wings
    • 1979 Atari's Asteroids

Man that sim looks amazing! Does it include all the cities?

Farming Simulator 2013 is from the same devs as EuroTruck 2.....awesome simulation of farming and licensed vehicules. :good:

Please tell me there is the option to just go joy riding in a car in ETS. I see there are cars in the game as "npcs", so at least the exterior models are there. I don't know about driving a truck, but if all those cities are modeled, I'd buy it just to go rip-roaring through Europe Midtown Madness style in a Beamer. B)

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Please tell me there is the option to just go joy riding in a car in ETS. I see there are cars in the game as "npcs", so at least the exterior models are there. I don't know about driving a truck, but if all those cities are modeled, I'd buy it just to go rip-roaring through Europe Midtown Madness style in a Beamer. B)

sorry no car driving, just awesome giant trucks and most of Europe. Alot of addons/dlc are planned because of the success of sales but the rumours are more Countries and Trucks, no car driving.

Man that sim looks amazing! Does it include all the cities?

I forgot to mention, while driving the trucks, you can stream Live Internet Radio from many stations in-game from across Europe.

Is there car traffic? It'd be no challenge without THAT!

there is car traffic but you can't drive the cars. there is also bus traffic, trains, and other AI vehicules.

Thanks, sounds good then. ESP for my 7yo boy, he loves buses but trucks aren't far behind. Quite unusual for a boy :-)

I'm trying to turn planes into no.1, without much luck. Maybe our airshow on the weekend will cure it.

Just an hint... FSX is, unfortunately (because I'll have to give up on an interesting beta program....) not going to be it, at least until someone finds a decent way of making it run in win8 6 bit.

Tried everything, and the CTDs I never had with FSX in Win7 now came everytime I fired up FSX Gold :-/

Well, it's now that I definitely will have to give up on it. DCS, SW and FG2.10 run smooth as silk in Win8, so, I'm not going back just to be able to install FSX ....

I'm thinking of a prize for the winner of the poll!!!! Won't tell you what exactly right now though ....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Just an hint... FSX is, unfortunately (because I'll have to give up on an interesting beta program....) not going to be it, at least until someone finds a decent way of making it run in win8 6 bit.

Tried everything, and the CTDs I never had with FSX in Win7 now came everytime I fired up FSX Gold :-/

Well, it's now that I definitely will have to give up on it. DCS, SW and FG2.10 run smooth as silk in Win8, so, I'm not going back just to be able to install FSX ....

I'm thinking of a prize for the winner of the poll!!!! Won't tell you what exactly right now though ....

hey jcomm I had fsx running 3 months with no crashes on win8 64bit, it was very stable(zero ctd's). I tweaked it with just bojote's site and placed the uiautomation.dll in my root directory.

placed the uiautomation.dll in my root directory

Tried that too, using two versions until I got the "right" one, but still no go :-(

I used Word Not Allowed's tweaking guide this time, not bojote's site though....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Tried that too, using two versions until I got the "right" one, but still no go :-(

I used Word Not Allowed's tweaking guide this time, not bojote's site though....

ok forget fsx, grab that sweeper and start cleaning some streets :lol:

That truck simulator just needs one of those large RV bus type vehicles, and I can finally get in that European vacation I've been dreaming about.

Well guys, it's easy... HiFlyer guessed it with precision (as usual).

My next week, month, ... sim will be:

DCS World, as it has been since I started using it :-)

And now with yet another good reason to enjoy the extraordinary platform even more...

It's indeed and by far the most rewarding simulation, as I have written on many other posts, I have used so far, although I confess FG2.10 is really enjoyable as well, specially when you enable "Rembrandt", tune the shaders, the weather effects to it's best, pick the most detailled aircraft and helos, and populate the World with the scenery tiles available by default. It is also a great sim!

And XP10 is here too, waiting for 20.30, although after all, apparently the best will come even further down the line of updates. It is running good, now without using Nvidia Inspector, for small flights usualy around LPPT with the default C90, the LES Sundowner and dc-3, and sometimes Fellis's IL-14 too :-)

FSX, which I was about to start using in Win8 (I had been postponing the install because I read it had some incompatibilities), and I needed to keep beta testing a well known line of products, and I was also interested in trying a future product already announced by Aerosoft - the AS-K21 - a glider I logged many hours in, used for basic aerobatics, etc...Unfortunately, due to this total incompatibility between FSX Gold and Win8 64 Pro, it will have to wait for better days because, after trying about everything that was suggested, and not having had a single CTD in Win7 64, it crashes often, well, every session, in Win8 64 Pro :-(. For me reverting back to Win7 is out of question.

Regarding my usual enthusiastic, and also the sometimes in some partners oppinion - overdone - comments, unless something really worth the mention, I mean - extraordinary!!! - happens, I will moderate my interventions in the various forums... After all, I have a life too ;-)

Here at the X-Plane forum, expect my next post when LES releases their Saab. because I will most probably not resist a "Whow" and "Yupiiiii" about it ;-)

Bb :biggrin:

Main Simulation Rig:

LoL!!! Knowing you were going to stick with DCS isn't something that required much brainpower from me. :P

You have your technical sim, and given a bit more time when the graphic update comes through, you should have it all.

Then the DCS forums will steal you. <_< :lol:

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I vote Asteroids. It has very realistic Newtonian physics.

Well, I don't know.... that Atari brand next to it ..... Hmmmm :-)

Anyway, it's definitely DCS World, with a good time spent now everyday on FG2.10. I have on both what I couldn't find on either FSX or XP, and of course there are aspects on those sims I can, somehow, miss, but really not that much... I have to confess...

FG2.10 was an unexpected good surprise. I tested the RCs before it went final, but now with the World scenery, which BTW apparently shares the airport and navaids databases with X-Plane, I am really enjoying the new shader effects, Rembrandt, the updated FDs on some JSBsim-based aircraft, the weather effects, and even the autogen and procedural texturing (winter land is there like we do not have in XP...).

There is no highly detailled ( yet ) truboprop available, but the 777 is a great heavy to fly, of course not comparable in graphics and # of systems modelled with the 777 in XP10!!!

The p51d not having the # and sophistication of systems modelling of the DCS p51d, still offers a very enjoyable ride....

RWW works better than in X-Plane, less the turbulence effects which you have to manually set. There are a lot more cloud sets/themes, clouds move according to wind intensity and direction at their level, the rain and snow look god too. UIUC models simulate icing, but there are also Nasal scripts available for simulating such effects on other fd models like in JSBSim. As a matter of fact the Seneca simulates icing effects. The algorithm being used is more sophisticated than the one XP uses simply because FG's weather model takes into account something I have long asked Austin to include in XP too - dewpoint and the T / Td relations...

My sim of the week continues to be DCS World, but FG2.10 follows closely, and in fact I happen to use it a lot more :-)

I told there was a prize for the one who guessed it...

I have 3 votes for FG and 2 for DCS, so I'll have to find a winner, because I have only one copy of ELITE v8 to offer!!!! I'll think of a quizzzzzzzz ;-) Those who voted FG and those who voted DCS are all eligible.

Those who want to "apply" for the "prize, please PM me. Of course I'll have to believe in you since the votes are secret!!! But I do, of course - after all we are all great people/simmers sharing this passion of ours ;-)

Ah! ELITE comes with the ESPO Genview scenery area - Portugal and Spain :-)

Main Simulation Rig: