Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

15MAR13 - Let the Previews Begin!

OK, but does it come in red :P ?

Seriously, really good looking there people! Looking forward to it.

Oh, one last question. What is the rel... uhhh, ok, step away from the gun, knife, sling shot and thermonuclear device please - I was just kidding - honest :wacko:

:smile:

Glen,

Sharks.

With laaaaazers....

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest BeaverDriver

<LMAO> Good one Robert ^_^ . See you on "Mother's Day" (whichever day that might fall on :P ).

robert will there be a virtual cabin included in the pmdg 777LR like the pmdg 747-400x?and will there be a 2d panel on the 777?

Jason had said yes to this before, it will be a basic virtual cabin,

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Guest BeaverDriver

You know, strangely enough one of the most immersive features I've found in the 737 is when you flip the strobes on as you take to the runway, you see them reflecting off the ground. Sounds a bit nuts, but whenever I've ridden on an airliner, seeing those strobes coming on always signaled that a takeoff was about to happen (or the pilot was 70's child and having a flashback :( ), and that's when the excitement started to ramp up. I thought it was so cool that when I was flying bush machines, I'd hit the strobes and landing lights just as I was about to take off (well you never knew - there could be a Canada Goose or Loon about to take off right across the same lake at the same time :wink: !). Of course, I "never" flew at night on floats and most of the time the landing lights didn't work, and I almost never had strobes, but what the hey :P . Anyway, I don't know if that's in the 777 (my guess is yes), but I just thought I'd mention it, as I've not run across many planes for FSX that are as immersive as the PMDG models. And that ain't easy to do :good:

One long week..... 

download2_zps82857f3c.jpg

well almost......and it felt like a month  :Hypnotized:  :lol:

No, I didn't mean the missing roundhead philips lightplate screw (s?). That's another difference. 

Keep looking ^_^  (I'm not referring to the additional switches).

The  "L - DRIVE DISC - R" label is missing!

Sorry now I'm feeling nit picky! :unsure:

Thanks for your question and your photo, Harm.

Minutiae = something which might not easily be spotted.

By "secure", I mean that the Electrical sub-panel isn't fastened to the overhead panel properly. Only one of the six dzus fasteners is properly aligned (something a Boeing maintenance engineer might notice). Looking at your photo, all the slots of the fasteners are aligned North/South. There are lots more panels in the PMDG screenshots in a similar condition, but this is just an example.

Your photo also highlights two differences which can be identified by anyone with a good eye. Sorry, no prizes for guessing :blush:

Cheers

Ian Riddell

Haha, i got a little confused there. Secure also means like 'exact' or 'precise' in my language. I didn't get the clue with the crash helmet at first, so i wasn't aware that you were referring to the DZUS-screws :rolleyes: Glad you liked the photo though  :lol:

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

I haven't used the 2D cockpit at all in the NGX. TrackIR helps a lot though for easy looking around while in the VC. The hatswitch is rather slow and inaccurate. But if you don't want to spend money on the TrackIR because it is expensive, you should consider EZdok Camera for use in the Virtual Cockpit. You can create, or import, camera views within the VC. You just assign that 1 will be the main view, 2 will be MCP, 3 FMC, 4 Radio stack and so on or what ever you desire. But all still in the VC. The only thing I use are the display popups when I fly manually for a more accurate display of the flight director. I then re-position the PFD to the lower middle of my screen, so I'm still able to look out the windows, and then the ND to the right of it when it's in APP. That's about as much I use it, and I'm happy that they continue to make the display popups. I understand why 2D is attractive to some, but with TrackIR and Ezdok Camera, or even just EZdok, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't use the VC, unless it's for home builds or a Commodore 64  ^_^

Hello Danielsen

I totally agree that EZDok  is the way to go, I struggles in every sense  of that word as a beginner being very new to the Sim  world, now having set up the camera's as I want them, both in the cockpit and outside the aircraft, I'm much further into it all than before I setup EZDoc, In particular I have 1 camera set right up face to the main panel with no effects on, so that's like  VC/2D, does that idea help? I wonder also, is there not  a shortcut to 2D anyway ? not that I would use it anyway, :rolleyes:  I don't know. But I know I would recommend EZDoc, am I allowed to do that?

Hope you can find a work around.

Regards

Guss,  ^_^

Hi Glenn,

"70's pilot having a flashback," :Applause:  so funny im still laughing I think I knew that guy, :-) happy day's

regards

Guss

You know, strangely enough one of the most immersive features I've found in the 737 is when you flip the strobes on as you take to the runway, you see them reflecting off the ground. Sounds a bit nuts, but whenever I've ridden on an airliner, seeing those strobes coming on always signaled that a takeoff was about to happen (or the pilot was 70's child and having a flashback :( ), and that's when the excitement started to ramp up. I thought it was so cool that when I was flying bush machines, I'd hit the strobes and landing lights just as I was about to take off (well you never knew - there could be a Canada Goose or Loon about to take off right across the same lake at the same time :wink: !). Of course, I "never" flew at night on floats and most of the time the landing lights didn't work, and I almost never had strobes, but what the hey :P . Anyway, I don't know if that's in the 777 (my guess is yes), but I just thought I'd mention it, as I've not run across many planes for FSX that are as immersive as the PMDG models. And that ain't easy to do :good:

Sorry now I'm feeling nit picky!

LOL, well done. Now imagine that you had noticed that the little white cross above the IFE/PASS SEATS switch was missing in PMDG.

It's present on most of the other panels. It's where the electrical contact for the light plate is located. If the pilots lose the lighting on an individual panel, sometimes a tap (with a blunt object) or push at this point will restore the lighting.

Cheers

Ian Riddell

Hello Danielsen

I totally agree that EZDok is the way to go, I struggles in every sense of that word as a beginner being very new to the Sim world, now having set up the camera's as I want them, both in the cockpit and outside the aircraft, I'm much further into it all than before I setup EZDoc, In particular I have 1 camera set right up face to the main panel with no effects on, so that's like VC/2D, does that idea help? I wonder also, is there not a shortcut to 2D anyway ? not that I would use it anyway, :rolleyes: I don't know. But I know I would recommend EZDoc, am I allowed to do that?

Hope you can find a work around.

Regards

Guss, ^_^

I guess the discussion about 2D panels does not belong here.

Maybe we can continue it here?

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/401964-best-solution-for-5-outside-view-setup/#entry2623071

Rob Robson

LOL, well done. Now imagine that you had noticed that the little white cross above the IFE/PASS SEATS switch was missing in PMDG.

It's present on most of the other panels. It's where the electrical contact for the light plate is located. If the pilots lose the lighting on an individual panel, sometimes a tap (with a blunt object) or push at this point will restore the lighting.

Ah, so that's what the white crosses are about, I've always wondered. Did notice it was missing but I didn't think it was significant enough.

Thanks for the info! :)

Sorry now I'm feeling nit picky! :unsure:

Also on the MCP, the "VS" in the Vertical Speed window should always been shown, whether it's active or not.  :P

Just pointing it out - no where am I saying it'll reflect the final product! (-;

No, I didn't mean the missing roundhead philips lightplate screw (s?). That's another difference. 

Keep looking ^_^  (I'm not referring to the additional switches).

Cheers

Ian Riddell

There's no 'no smoking' switch on the new one!?