Sign in to follow this  
rsrandazzo

15MAR13 - Let the Previews Begin!

This applies only to the spoilers - the VC is animation limited (we're at the absolute maximum there) so nothing can change there even if we wanted to. For what it's worth I don't see the yoke having that kind of jerkiness here either myself by the way - it looks smooth to me.

Great to hear this Ryan, I can cancel my appointment with the psych ;)

Does the 777 have 'faster' smoother engine fan blades, maybe something for NGX SP2? 

Cheers guys,

Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Ryan, any word on the MD-11 style real time refueling option? It would be nice to have that run in the background while pre-flighting and selecting flight plans.

+1

Probably not - we've got our system with the PMDG SETUP and FS ACTIONS pages in the CDU and we want to maintain commonality with the NGX (and 744v2).

Ryan, any word on the MD-11 style real time refueling option? It would be nice to have that run in the background while pre-flighting and selecting flight plans.

+2

So I just came to think of Polar flying. I remember that Ryan talked about how they didn't implement that kind of navigation into the systems (or what was it actually?) in the NGX since there's only a very few NG's flying in that region anyway. And of course I had to try it out my self flying over the true north pole and the NGX can't figure out anything from that point  :P
Anyway, Air Canada flies it's LR over the north pole from Toronto to Hong Kong (as the Just Planes DVD show). Not directly over it all of the time, but sometimes they will. How will the PMDG 777-200LR handle that kind of operations?

I know there is a subset of users out there who cherish the opportunity to demonstrate to everyone in the forum how much they know about the minutiae of any particular airplane,

LOL... All I can say is, Robert, I hope the captain is wearing a crash helmet. That elec panel doesn't look too secure...  :Whistle:

airliners.net/photo/Emirates/Boeing-777-21H-ER/0130320/L

Cheers

Ian Riddell

I'm still curious about the one new addition that was never seen before in FSX that Rob had mentioned at one point. Any clues?

I'm still curious about the one new addition that was never seen before in FSX that Rob had mentioned at one point. Any clues?

Maybe he is one of those animated pilots in the cockpit...

I'm far from a hard-core simmer, but have messing around with flight simulators since I had subLOGIC's on a 5.25 floppy for my Commodore 64, and PMDG has rejuvenated my interest in the hobby to a level I haven't felt since navigating VOR to VOR from Meigs to Champaign almost 30 years ago. It's strange, in my Walter Mitty world, after piloting the NGX, my level of anticipation for the 777 is as if I am on the verge of being given the opportunity to pilot the real thing.

It is apparent that while PMDG is a business, the dedication to fidelity exhibited by the developers is a passion that exceeds any business necessity. Please allow this obsequious post to serve as an expression of my gratitude.

Well said Brian, I'm with you.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

"The Landing Pilot is initially the Handling Pilot and will handle the take-off and landing, except in role reversal when he is the Non-Handling Pilot for taxi, until the Handling Non-Landing Pilot hands the Handling to the Landing Pilot at eighty knots.

HAHA  Hand off at the 80kts call. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

I really think the Sim will be far more great with the T7, FS2CREW for it with the emergency package. i have been waiting to do 777 flights with a decent one since i am in the Sim community. in a week or so i will be flying a cessna alone for the first time, so be prepared to see some pictures!(; cant wait to see it in PMDG site ready to be buy. cheerio

Guest BeaverDriver

Pricing?:  TBA, but a bit less than $165,000,000.

OK, but does it come in red :P ?

Seriously, really good looking there people! Looking forward to it.

Oh, one last question. What is the rel... uhhh, ok, step away from the gun, knife, sling shot and thermonuclear device please - I was just kidding - honest :wacko:

:smile:

LOL... All I can say is, Robert, I hope the captain is wearing a crash helmet. That elec panel doesn't look too secure...  :Whistle:

airliners.net/photo/Emirates/Boeing-777-21H-ER/0130320/L

Cheers

Ian Riddell

Why is it not secure. The overhead you posted is from an "old" 772 delivered in 1998. The PMDG overhead is from a far more recent 77L. I guess that the overhead quite possibly has changed with time. Take a look at the ELEC panel on the overhead of this Delta 777-200LR ;) 

3884689923_b573b830ec_z.jpg

Looks just like the PMDG one in my opinion :) (picture by Jon Ostrower)

Regards,

Harm Swinkels

boeing-747-wings-pin-ztr6z.png

Just a question that I have. It may be trivial, but, maybe, in the vc, would it be possible to modify the model and have the headrests tilted forwards slightly. Not asking for a full CS style animated job, but IMO it makes the cockpit feel 'used' more

One question about a topic that has been around for a number of years now...

Seeing as though you have decided not to do a 2D panel, is the viewpoint shifting bug occurring in your tests? It has to be the worst thing in FSX for me, way worse than performance issues etc...