Sign in to follow this  
outlaw2001it

[RESOLVED] Your website is slow - Don't blame ISPs!

Hello,

I've seen posts by numerous people claiming that the website is slow to load, and they have been told to check with their ISP. I can honestly say that it's not their ISP(s) but your website. I've been a member since before 2000, and visit your website at least once a day (no kidding), and never have experienced the slow loading like this before. It takes roughly 20-30 seconds before the main page, or any other page loads...this has been going on for I guess the past 4-5 months (roughly). I thought that it was the updates to my browser (Opera), but it seems that other people have the same issues. This is very unfortunate because as of now I am visiting websites that I haven't used in years (I will leave those sites name deleted), because not only is their website fast to load, but seem to have more up to date files (FS9/FSX). Please don't tell me to check with my ISP (the "it" in the back of my user name doesn't stand for Italy) especially when other people from around the world (including the U.S.) are having the same problem with loading times. Please let me/us know what you find out...I would hate to lose this site for another after so many faithful years!!! Take care!!!

V/R

J.R.

It's been slow for a long while, seems to be getting worse, hope they fix it.

Jose De Campos

London

And I though it was just me!

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

They're not saying it's the ISPs...they're having issues with the software.  Upgrades are hard.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Okay, I can handle the problems, and they are looking into it. But, they are saying the problem is only been happening for a week (it hasn't) it's been going on since around the end of November. I don't think the recent upgrades are the problem...they need to go back a few months, and troubleshoot from there.

I've seen posts by numerous people claiming that the website is slow to load, and they have been told to check with their ISP.

Who from Avsims actually stated that? Because, if you had followed this issue from yesterday, Tom Allensworth, who manage this particular site, had categorically stated where the real issues were and not once did he choose to blame ISPs. I suggest you first check Tom's post before firing random broadsides!

Okay, I can handle the problems, and they are looking into it. But, they are saying the problem is only been happening for a week (it hasn't) it's been going on since around the end of November. I don't think the recent upgrades are the problem...they need to go back a few months, and troubleshoot from there.

Been surfing here daily for years and the only problems I have seen have arisen over the past few days and as others have mentioned are being addressed due to an upgrade.  I have had ZERO issues minus the occasional hiccup from last November until now using Win7, W8, and Android using Chrome.

So seeing you work in IT why not help yourself a bit as well as this doesn't happen to everyone... What does your trace tell you?  What hop are you hanging on?  What does speedtest tell you?  DNS resolution via your ISP?  Alternate DNS servers?  Alternate browsers?  I am on 55/10 Cable here and can tell you without fail these pages resolve in milliseconds for me.

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

They're not saying it's the ISPs...

Who from Avsims actually stated that?

Because, if you had followed this issue from yesterday,

Tom Allensworth, who manage this particular site,

had categorically stated where the real issues were and not once did he choose to blame ISPs.

I suggest you first check Tom's post before firing random broadsides!

Suggest you both read this prior thread.

It was the load time of the actual website, and not the actual ping from/to the servers. Didn't mean to ruffle any feathers...my comment with check with your ISP came from another thread. Don't know who posted it...but wasn't about to waste up to 10 minutes finding it. (sorry if I was out of line on that). Right now it seems all is good...great job!!!

J.R.

J.R.,

It was kind of strange actually how this whole thing transpired.  I didn't notice any degradation of speed until this latest update.  And since the team wasn't noticing anything along with a silent majority, we were left to assume it was isolated.  As you can see we then realized something was terribly wrong and publicly stated that.

I'm sorry if how we handled this offended you.  Our constant endeavor is to keep everyone satisfied at no cost.  On top of that, every person here, including Tom, is a volunteer with careers and family, using the little free time we have left dedicated to the community.  I hope with that said, the community can look past this slight road bump of slower speeds.

Getting slow again today, actually failing to load at all on some attempts.

I have no idea why this is being underscored.

Getting slow again today, actually failing to load at all on some attempts.

I have no idea why this is being underscored.

We had a slow down earlier that was only temporary and resulted from me changing settings to see if we could get a little more improvement out of the system. That was why you saw a slow down. You appear to have hit the underline button in the editor.