Can anyone help me get the Saitek Backlit information panel to work with FSX in windows 7?  I had to do a complete reinstall of my OS and when I went to reinstall THE BIP panel it wont work with FSX.  There was a special process that Saitek walked me through last year to get it work but I've forgotten. 

With the ST software on the svreen the BIP panel all lights up just fine but, when I run FSX it goes black.  I've tried several fixes such as downloading microsoft.net framework 3.5 sp.1 and downloading the latest drivers from Saitek but still no luck.

anyone can help?

Hi Phillip

Its meant to do that.. The tiles will only light up according to what aircraft your flying within FSX and what state the aircraft is in..

So for example, an aircraft with fixed undercarraige, wont have any lights to show if the wheels are up or down in the cockpit..

Have you tried a flight with it yet in something like the default 737-800?

You need to make sure you have suitable tiles installed both on the display, and in the software to match it, so if flying the cessna, your never going to see "Engine fire 2,3&4 light up, nor pressure or other multi-engine items.

I assume you followed the manual regarding installing the drivers and plugging it in, in the right sequence?

Saitek support via phone was not very knowledgeable about this problem.  He says FSUIPC got corrupted and just reinstall the game (FSX)  Oh Sure. Ill just reinstall FSX since its so easy!!! Just finished reinstalling FSX and about addons....took all week and I'm still trying to get this stuff fixed. 

Try running it with SPAD (Saitek Panel Advanced Driver) dump the Saitek software first - hopeless in my experience. SPAD also has more tile choices. Free software that works. Massimo is a genius.

SPAD is great with the Saitek panels. The radio panel is almost unusable with the regular drivers.

SPAD is the only way to go. Saitek should be ashamed of their crappy support.

Thanks for the tip about SPAD. Hope I can get my Saitek Fips working again.

Goran Arvnell