Sign in to follow this  
hawkhero

What flight planning software do you use?

FSBuild. I love it.

I've never heard of FOC. FSCommander seems popular though.

I have F.O.C and FSC9.2 and I have to say I like FSC better and Ill tell you why:

FOC is modeled after the FPL software that American, delta and continental use. It literally has everything they have, modified for the sim which makes it an extremely complicated planner to use. I would spend 1-2.5 hours imputing information just to get the aircraft correct then another hour planning the flight. If you are looking for a planner as detailed as it then go ahead.

I also have FSC9.2 and I love it, it is much simpler to use than FOC but still incorporates alot of the same things. You can do NAT tracks and PACOT tracks, have Vatsim data, it also has the moving map and GPS feature which I find very helpful for aircraft that don't have FMC's and also just as a general tool to see where you are, how far to go and whatnot. It also displays other AI aircraft as well as VATSIM aircraft and IVAO (if you choose to display them).

So, both planners are excellent, FOC will definitely have a much much bigger learning curve than FSC.

Hope this helps!

Remy Mermelstein

777-300 FS Pilot

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein
777-300 FS Pilot, Deltava

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

39990572681_f326ac97d7_o.jpg

I simply go onto skyvector and plot my route based on the charts and the available procedures for the airports I plan to fly to and from. I know a software package such as FSCommander or similar would automate the process and make it fast, but I find great satisfaction in reading the chart material, and making the decision for myself of the procedures and routes to be used.

I use www.flightaware.com for RW flight plans.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Hi again, Getting back into my flight sim and looking for a good flight planning software. I will be flying PMDG 747, MD 11 and Ifly 737. Looking at Flight Operation Center: F.O.C or FlightSim Commander 9.2. 

I do not fly the above aircraft's, but I use route finder (http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/) it adds STAR and SID automatically (if selected) based upon current wind conditions. Fuel mgmt has to be done manually. My guess is you will have to input the route manually too. Which I do when using the xp - 530w.

-Ray

-Ray

I was a owner of F.O.C when it was first released years ago, but I stopped using it because it was a non friendly piece of software to work with for me.

But when I see PFPX it looks very promising and stunning! I think for sure I will buy it. It looks very professional and easy to use if you know the hang of it.

Till that time I use the Free Route Finder website for my flight routes.

When choosing a planner that interacts with weather for fuel planning be sure it is not limited to just using real-time real world weather.

I use FSBuild which as stated interacts with the snapshot from AS 6.5. I use the AS archived weather downloading for the z time of the local time of my departure area of my saved flight. This insures the weather matches the time of day for my saved flight which takes into consideration solar effects upon visibility and vertical drafts from convective effects.

I also save weather archives in named folders for weather situations by locality, season, and type of weather environment.

Hawkhero,

After two posts and multiple replies on the subject, it's time for you to make a decision.

Which software are you going to use?  Remember, included with one of them is a 2013 Aerosport Crappie XL  Choose wisely.