Sign in to follow this  
gregoryv

FS2CREW for MJC DASH8-Q400

The installed product looks more like an Orbx scenery than a plane"•2.5GB hard drive space" WOW!

Well, I wouldn't say 'rely heavily'. It's just that someone has to read the checklists and raise/lower the gear and flaps... 

Regards,

Martin Martinov / VATSIM 1207931

What airlines operates the Q400? There are any Spanish airline?

José Fco. Ibáñez /// i7 6700k (Delid) @ 4,6 Ghz /// Asrock Z170 OC Formula /// 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200 /// GTX 1070 Founders Edition 8GB /// LG 27UD58 4K 27' // OCZ Vertex 4 SSD (X-Plane 10) & SAMSUNG 850 EVO SSD (P3D V3) /// Windows 10 Pro x64

sig_FSL-By-Wire.jpg

Actually, I won't buy it if there is not an FS2Crew for it.

This is also my issue.

I think that Q400 needs FS2CREW.

Fly it alone....gives you more to do. Pretend that the co-pilot has bailed out or something

It'd be hard to see such an amazing plane without for sure.

Hopefully Bryan has enough time to do it.

Lee

Fly it alone....gives you more to do. Pretend that the co-pilot has bailed out or something

Its not just about the procedures because i also like the company. I cant imagine flying the JS41 without my FO in a stern voice " watch that EGT'! or WE are not properly configured for take off! you want the wipers? were picking up a bit of ice...........etc etc :-)

ZORAN

Its not just about the procedures because i also like the company. I cant imagine flying the JS41 without my FO in a stern voice " watch that EGT'! or WE are not properly configured for take off! you want the wipers? were picking up a bit of ice...........etc etc :-)

Gad, I HATE that.  :mad:  Do FOs talk to PICs like that?

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

well if the capt is ready for take off and its not configured I would hope so.

Interesting I was reading the transcript of the recent air india crash where the capt was flying erratically and the low terrain warning was blaring but the FO was reluctant to say anything through fear. 

ZORAN

Ok Guys,

The FS2Crew concept has been thought of, and a bug has been put in Bryan's ear some time ago about the possibility of making a version for the Q400.  However, as most of you already know he has his hands full (I am sure with the T7 project).  Based on the way that the Q400 is developed we will have to make sure that thiswill/can be a feasible project.

Lets' try and get the Q400 out of the hangar, and take the time to learn the aircraft and its systems.  This way if the integration of FS2Crew is possible your FO will not be the only knowledgeable pilot in the cockpit.  For the Autothrottle PICs who are not too familiar with turboprops, you will quickly come to the realization that you have to stay on top of this aircraft especially during the approach, and especially if you have picked up a considerable amount of ice, and have not been thinking several steps ahead of the aircraft for activating the de-icing systems in a timely manner to ensure the safe operation of the aircraft. 

You need to fly the aircraft and see how the aircraft responds when you have configured it with full flaps and condition levers to 1020.  There will be hours and hours of a learning curve until you truly become one with your chariot - being powered by 2 Pratt & Whitney 150 engines.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Well, guys at Majestic, i hope this goes really well for you, you deserve it.

You've been transparent from the start, keeping us all in the loop on whats going on. I dont think ive seen so much transparency before during development and i have enjoyed every letter of the updates :) .. ive never been left wondering.. Just aswesome customer relations! :) ...the best ive seen infact.

Thanks for that guys.

Now if only others would follow your example..

well if the capt is ready for take off and its not configured I would hope so.

Interesting I was reading the transcript of the recent air india crash where the capt was flying erratically and the low terrain warning was blaring but the FO was reluctant to say anything through fear.

I don't think that's what we're talking about here.  This copilot says things and adds sarcasm ("Have you even heard of overspeed?").  That's what I was talking about. 

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

I don't think that's what we're talking about here.  This copilot says things and adds sarcasm ("Have you even heard of overspeed?").  That's what I was talking about. 

your kidding , how can you even allow over speed?  its easy to avoid just keep an eye on the IAS and keep her well under 240. The JS41 is a hands on so best to stay in the cockpit if you can and dont blame the FO for having a dig at you!!

ZORAN

your kidding , how can you even allow over speed?  its easy to avoid just keep an eye on the IAS and keep her well under 240. The JS41 is a hands on so best to stay in the cockpit if you can and dont blame the FO for having a dig at you!!

Well, I probably deserve that now.  Back when I was learning the airplane I just thought I'd invited a jerk into my airplane and turned it off.

Gregg Seipp