Sign in to follow this  
D-AIMA

Airbus X Extended

Sorry Viel, but when you said "Panel state is still to be refined" you mean there will be a fix for this and a new feature to save all data with one click via FSX menu? Maybe in 1.10 next update?

Why did you put the 'Sorry' into your post???

AXE panel state saving is supposed to be fully automatic - which it isn't quite yet. My interpretation is one day it'll work like on the PMDG NGX, for example.

The current user-defined panel-state-saving is, strictly speaking, still a workaround for that. It's NOT announced for v1.1 yet, I'm afraid. (EDIT: The refinement is not announced.)

But it's actually a very capable workaround - and it isn't worse than the saving procedures a number of high-class developers implemented in their planes.

I've noticed two further issues with the AXE saving procedure, apart from the TCAS settings:

- When loading my own takeoff state, the AXE wants me to apply climb thrust only (instead of T/O thrust, which is expected in the pre-defined T/O state): This results in a minor distraction from a flashing memo on the FMA which doesn't affect the actual T/O at all. This memo will disappear when climbing through the acceleration height, where you're supposed to set climb thrust, anyway.

- When loading my own cruise level state, the AXE starts to descend, which can't be stopped just by engaging open climb to CRZ FL. The small workaround still needed here is to re-enter the CRZ FL into the MCDU - after that the AXE will respond to the open climb command and regain its CRZ FL.

So the current panel state saving is to be refined, but issues are rather few and small and easy to workaround.

Thanks for providing an opportunity for me to give some more information in that respect.

The AXE is a good buy, by far the best Airbus out there right now and for a sale price, no brainer really. It has it's annoyances i've found such as lack of wing flex making it look very silly but still it's very decent.

Discount sale was restricted to the last weekend only.

I can't comment on the BBS Airbus, since I don't own it. (And I don't own the FSL Airbus, either, lol!)

Wing flex on the smaller RW Airbusses is less noticable than on the bigger RW Airbusses, so a decision has to be made, where the extra external coding and the extra polygons are put to the best use. We will see terrain on the ND and a weather radar on the Aerosoft Airbus projects at some point in the future, and these features "eat up" some coding and frame rates, too.

The bigger Aerosoft Airbus project (A330) will have wing flex, though.

Edited by olli4740

I can't help sighing everytime i read "wingflex" and "A320" in the same sentence. People just DON'T get it.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Same with any feature request ... and with asking for release dates ...

I can't help sighing everytime i read "wingflex" and "A320" in the same sentence. People just DON'T get it.

"Abacus put some wing flex into their B787 - so why can't Aerosoft with their A320/321???"   -_-

Because the A320 series wings are very very stiff and don't flex anything noticeable. I observe them all the time, even the ones that go from Portugal to Russia (heavy fuel load) and when they rotate there's very little almost unnoticeable flex, if any flex at all.

Now look at an A330 or A340 and the picture is completely different. You can CLEARLY see the wings flexing. Why waste time on something that can't be seen...

You can't possibly compare a 787 to an A320.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

(...)

Nuno, that was a quote. And the sender surely doesn't want to be named here.

Anything I might have forgotten to mention, concerning those Aerosoft Airbusses, maybe?

LOL misread :)

Because the A320 series wings are very very stiff and don't flex anything noticeable. I observe them all the time, even the ones that go from Portugal to Russia (heavy fuel load) and when they rotate there's very little almost unnoticeable flex, if any flex at all.

Now look at an A330 or A340 and the picture is completely different. You can CLEARLY see the wings flexing. Why waste time on something that can't be seen...

They are very stiff but in terms of a simulation they do not respond to anything which acts upon them. One of the best things flying wise for me that was done very well on the NGX was the response of the wings to the airflow, I love the effect wind and turbulence has on the wing and as a glider pilot you see that way more than others! You might not see it much in the real thing but i think it adds a lot more than you would think to the overall immersion of it all. The AXE just looks very strange and completely unnatural at all stages of flight.

This Jetblue flight is flying BOS-DCA which isn't a long flight, the flex is easy to see and the wings are weighted by the fuel in the tanks. It's the little things that make these things much better I think. Doesn't change the fact of whether it's good, just those little touches go a long way.

Lawrence Ashworth

XhCuv5H.jpg

AXE all the way, IMHO.

It might not have the extensive system simulation some crave, it makes compromises here and there. It still has one of the best cockpits around and the overall visual fidelity is bar none supreme.

the update is very good. but i got a new problem. i want to make a repaint and downloaded the paintkit but i could nowhere find a master texture where i can paint the whole fuselage in one part. There were only those texture files that contain parts of the fuselage. So where can I find a paintkit with the whole fuselage?

Guest Johnny767

Great!  I bought on the sale, and this looks like it fixes the main issues I had with it,  I must admit to been pleasantly surprised with the quality of this aircraft,

This is a superb product. The problem is when we enclosed ourselves- and refuse to get out of  a "bubble" thinking that "omg,  that developer is the only one who makes things right, and if xyz product does not come from them, I will surely die."  So, it's a  smart  thing when we "think outside the Bubble."

G MIDY, on 29 Apr 2013 - 9:22 PM, said:

They are very stiff but in terms of a simulation they do not respond to anything which acts upon them. One of the best things flying wise for me that was done very well on the NGX was the response of the wings to the airflow, I love the effect wind and turbulence has on the wing and as a glider pilot you see that way more than others! You might not see it much in the real thing but i think it adds a lot more than you would think to the overall immersion of it all. The AXE just looks very strange and completely unnatural at all stages of flight.

This Jetblue flight is flying BOS-DCA which isn't a long flight, the flex is easy to see and the wings are weighted by the fuel in the tanks. It's the little things that make these things much better I think. Doesn't change the fact of whether it's good, just those little touches go a long way.

Do you KNOW what's wingflex? Because i didn't see any in your video (not that i was expecting to see...).

And yes, the AXE wings don't respond to anything acting upon them, that's not simulated.

Johnny767, on 08 May 2013 - 8:21 PM, said:

This is a superb product. The problem is when we enclosed ourselves- and refuse to get out of a "bubble" thinking that "omg, that developer is the only one who makes things right, and if xyz product does not come from them, I will surely die." So, it's a smart thing when we "think outside the Bubble."

Your posts are always a pleasure to read, they are so funny and laughing is good :)

It's a superb product _NOW_ that they spent months fixing it, not before.