Sign in to follow this  
D-AIMA

Airbus X Extended

Ohhhh, my apologies then. I didn't realize that... I thought he quoted you like that to preserve your post so you couldn't edit it.

Now I see he replied to you through your quote. In that case... You did nothing wrong and I'm sorry!!

@@Johnny767

Please be nice. Read my first post in this thread as that warning is now directed at you.

Ohhhh, my apologies then. I didn't realize that... I thought he quoted you like that to preserve your post so you couldn't edit it.

Now I see he replied to you through your quote. In that case... You did nothing wrong and I'm sorry!!

(...)

So, then, Chase, next time we meet you'll have to spend the coffee!!!   :tongue:

(I'll keep practicing English until then ...)

but i can only frequencies between 118 and 136... no ILS frequency. What do i need to do?

but i can only frequencies between 118 and 136... no ILS frequency. What do i need to do?

My mistake:

Insert the ILS freq in the ILS line on the left hand side. Don't use the upper VOR line, but the lower ILS line. It's the same receiver, but entry lines differ.

You have to enter the ILS course separately.

I notice in the step by step guide a joystick is recommended for realism..... I used a yoke.. The ch... Will this experience be hard to fly? I don't care about it looking the part as I don't have the funds to get a decent joystick right now (unless someone links me to one under $30!)<br />The yoke Flys np with the legacy which is a stick plane and I've never noticed a problem as I don't do aerobatics (and certainly won't with the axe..) <br />Was about to buy this bus as soon as someone can confirm flying with yoke won't be a difficult experience. <br />Thx .. Want this bird so bad! <br /><br />Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Russell Gough

SE London

spacer.png

I notice in the step by step guide a joystick is recommended for realism..... I used a yoke.. The ch... Will this experience be hard to fly? I don't care about it looking the part as I don't have the funds to get a decent joystick right now (unless someone links me to one under $30!)<br />The yoke Flys np with the legacy which is a stick plane and I've never noticed a problem as I don't do aerobatics (and certainly won't with the axe..) <br />Was about to buy this bus as soon as someone can confirm flying with yoke won't be a difficult experience. <br />Thx .. Want this bird so bad! <br /><br />Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

I fly the AXE with the CH yoke and it works flawlessly. It's not a sidestick "feeling", but who cares ...

Flight control settings should be configured as per the manual; with standard settings the AXE feels way too "heavy".

You have to assign a throttle axis (or two, if you want to) to the AXE (no keyboard thrust control except for idle and reverse).

Rudder pedals recommended, but in normal law the RW Airbus has autorudder, too. You can activate the autorudder in the AXE options, as well.

AXE is on sale by Aerosoft this weekend only with a discount of 25% off its nominal price. May still not be the best shop in town, so compare ...

I notice in the step by step guide a joystick is recommended for realism..... I used a yoke.. The ch... Will this experience be hard to fly? I don't care about it looking the part as I don't have the funds to get a decent joystick right now (unless someone links me to one under $30!)

The yoke Flys np with the legacy which is a stick plane and I've never noticed a problem as I don't do aerobatics (and certainly won't with the axe..)

Was about to buy this bus as soon as someone can confirm flying with yoke won't be a difficult experience.

Thx .. Want this bird so bad!

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

I fly the AXE with the CH yoke and it works flawlessly. It's not a sidestick "feeling", but who cares ...

@@@@ I certainly don't the for confirm

Flight control settings should be configured as per the manual; with standard settings the AXE feels way too "heavy".

You have to assign a throttle axis (or two, if you want to) to the AXE (no keyboard thrust control except for idle and reverse).

@@@@@ I use fsuipc for the boeings with the three 'throttle' axis set for spoiler / both throttles/flaps and that gives me great control (that matches the real ergonomics too) so this looks the same!

Rudder pedals recommended, but in normal law the RW Airbus has autorudder, too. You can activate the autorudder in the AXE options, as well.

Ordered the mad katz couple days ago can't wait to get my own back on those winds...

AXE is on sale by Aerosoft this weekend only with a discount of 25% off its nominal price. May still not be the best shop in town, so compare ...

And I am now certainly buying it!

Thanks again for the info I needed

:)

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Russell Gough

SE London

spacer.png

Any issues, refer to http://forum.aerosoft.com/index.php?/forum/517-airbus-x-extended/

They are very helpful.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

the Airbus works very well but could someone maybe tell me where to enter the ILS frequency..?

You select the ILS runway in the CDU then click the "LS" button on the MCP to activate it.

Richie Walsh

I have the AXE and the BBS Prologue.

Of the two, the AXE is getting better and better, whereas the Prologue is disappointing me more and more.

Functional systems modelling is about the same, and flight dynamics are now better in the AXE (best Prologue version was V.61, IMO). The VC of the AXE is considerably better, and in a different league, if eye candy is your thing. Frame rates are about equal.

There is great vision behind Aerosoft, and it is a reputable company, but I'd rather not comment about other rather less established developers; for instance, Blackbox have withheld ten gorgeous user repaints from their downloads section for about 5 months and counting for no other reason than being "too busy". Prologue repaints are few and far between.

I'm planning on buying all future AXE derivatives, but no more mistakes on less able Airbus representations or representatives.

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

I have the AXE and the BBS Prologue.

Of the two, the AXE is getting better and better, whereas the Prologue is disappointing me more and more.

Functional systems modelling is about the same, and flight dynamics are now better in the AXE (best Prologue version was V.61, IMO). The VC of the AXE is considerably better, and in a different league, if eye candy is your thing. Frame rates are about equal.

There is great vision behind Aerosoft, and it is a reputable company, but I'd rather not comment about other rather less established developers; for instance, Blackbox have withheld ten gorgeous user repaints from their downloads section for about 5 months and counting for no other reason than being "too busy". Prologue repaints are few and far between.

I'm planning on buying all future AXE derivatives, but no more mistakes on less able Airbus representations or representatives.

You do know thew Prologue is a beta build, right?

You are comparing the Prologue to v1.04 of a fully released retail product? You also mentioned that systems modeling is about the same...and the AXE is just now surpassing the BBS A32X series with regards to the FDE? The BBS actually sounds pretty darn good if it's that close to the AXE even though it's still in Beta. Makes me sort of think the AXE is lacking. Also, doesn't Avsim have a bunch of liveries for the Prologue?

I think that says something about the equality of the BBS offering (which I don't own)....think I may pick it up though!

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

Purchased and downloaded the axe but can't install due to that really annoying windows file copy error even with virus checker off and using different drives.. Will try again later and also different mirrors... With today's lightning dl speeds I find it always takes longer to dl a zip and uncompress than just dl the original file which is only gonna be 10pc larger at most. Wish there was option to dl the original.. The sound pack file dl went perfect (uncompressed). <br />Can't wait to load up this great plane from what seems a developer with great customer rapport but will just have to wait a little longer to get past this hurdle I guess :/<br /><br />Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Russell Gough

SE London

spacer.png

It's cat and mouse really. These are two currently available products, and both are receiving regular updates, plus both have significant future plans. What's the difference really, except for "in development" or "continual development"?

I didn't say repaints weren't available, but they're not in the same numbers as AXE paints.

I'm not going to say to you or anyone else to save your money, you need to make your own informed decisions, though for me the BBS is one of those regretfully sour purchases; it could be so good. BTW, it's not always the product that is most at fault.

It's also, for me, a matter of respect; I feel that Aerosoft deserves the custom that it gets, and that they appreciate their customers. I cannot say the same for BBS, but please do find out for yourself.

I enjoyed a truly great flight in the AXE the other evening - it really was in a different class to the BBS. It's a very polished product, something I'd forgotten.

I wish you well in your decision!

Mr Fabio Lagattolla

"It's better to be on the ground wishing you were flying, than flying but wishing you were on the ground!"

As fabs says... So much easier to fall in love with a plane after the dev has gained your respect first.. Cos you WANT to love it from the start<br />:) <br />Also nothing in life is perfect but when a dev strives to continually improve the product after purchase they get my vote every time over a dev that states it's done like it or lump it we got other projects now... <br /><br />Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Russell Gough

SE London

spacer.png

The download from Germany expanded fine and is installing now... I live in us tho :) <br /><br />Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Russell Gough

SE London

spacer.png