Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Check List From Cold & Dark to Parked & Secure.

Thankyou very much, all helps whilst learning this excellent aircraft. :smile:

Cheers Patrick

NyxxUK, on 15 May 2013 - 03:46 AM, said:

COCKPIT PREP: Use o

CLIMB: Pushing MCL is not required, by setting the Condition Levers to 900 rpm you automatically command MCL. MCL pushbutton is only required if you climb at 850 rpm, and in your checklist you explicitly ask for 900

Wrong

I won’t quote all but the this imo is correct you set 900 rpm and then press MCL

Nice work overall! However you do not need to push MCL after seeting the CL's to 900 which itself already sets the engine rating to MCL.

Alex

That's how it's written in the manual done by a real Q400 pilot.

But do it how you like Alex.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

NyxxUK, on 08 Jul 2013 - 2:53 PM, said:

That's how it's written in the manual done by a real Q400 pilot.

But do it how you like Alex.

All those switches are doing is giving you the option of combining different RPM selections with different engine power ratings. 900 rpm is by standard associated with MCL and 850 rpm with MCR. You can use the MCL switch is if you decide to set a climb power of 850 as this is associated with MCR (Max cruise), but what you want is 850 and MCL (max climb). Only in this case after setting your props to 850, you push the MCL button. Maybe this is what the pilot you are talking about is doing. I am an active first officer on the Q400 for a canadian airline.

Alex

I've not flown the Q400(or anything) for a bit, and after doing a flight, thought "it needs more work"

3 Problems

1 from C&D it would not trigger the cabin crew announcements etc.

2 The Pushing MCL is not called for

3 Approach is not clear enough by a lone way.

So I have yet again re-done it. This time it triggers the cabin crew announcements from C&D. Taken out Pushing MCL and the Approach goes into far more detail how to set up the approach faze. 

Hope this is the final one and makes everyone's enjoyment of the Q400 fun and easy? Enjoy!

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Hi David

Thanks again for your continuing work on the checklist, it really is appreciated.

Take care, and have fun.

Jim Hodkinson

Hi, I really like your Checklist. Just some thoughts:

Cockpit Prep

Anti Con should be Anti Col

I'd change to GPU ... Request

GPU/ DC GPU ... On could be called Ext Power

I'd change the item so it's consistent with "Which thingie" ... "What to do" or "Challenge" ... "Response"

e.g. V-Speeds ... set

If I'm correct, the Generators switches are set to on before the engines are started.

Why do you set the CL to 900 in the after start part?

Line up says anti con

Approach

again, challenge ... response

set ... ILS Course to ILS Course ... set

After Landing

STBY/PTU/AUX PUMPS ... are you sure? If yes, they still are from the approach

I think you mixed up the headings from "shut down" and "parking"

Once again, great job!

Thanks CCole

I have change the mistakes I made when doing new version.

CL900 is for when your taxi'ing.

I have left the Gens as they are down to what airline ops you read/use. They all seem to change a bit.

There is no purpose in setting 900 rpm during taxi as propeller rpm is regulated by the underspeed goveneor to 660 rpm as you're in the beta range. Set them to 1020 after start and they don't need touching again until the climb.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Very informative guys, many thanks for this....I will have a go at changing the flows and checklists for my Voice First Officer to replicate what you have posted.

With Shared cockpit coming up in the next version of the Q400, this document will also be very handy indeed!

Thanks once again for this handy checklist.

(Personally I would not turn on the red anti-col (beacon) until just before engine start)

I just downloaded this very latest version of Your superb checklist here Dave!

I really very much appreciate all the work, time and effort that went into it.

Thank You!

Cheers, Christoph