Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

Check List From Cold & Dark to Parked & Secure.

Thankyou so much for this great check list. It will make life just that wee bit easier.

I think I shall take the plunge after reading all the tips and tricks about the Q400 these past couple of weeks, and the weird things that it does for some folks. I only hope that I can get it all sussed by leaning from others experiences.

Thanks again, Kevin

Hi

Thanks for taking the time out to do this, it is certainly getting a lot of use with my failing memory anyway, so thanks again it really is appreciated.

Jim Hodkinson

BTW I will not add first flight of the day etc as I don't include all the normal fire test etc. That's all for the next version of the Q400.

The hopefully last version

Enjoy!

Thank you for this! Is there any way to condense it into 2 pages so we can print it out and laminate it?

Thank you for making this but which checklists are correct, the ones included in the install or yours or the ones in the 2nd tutorial. They all seem to be different?

The ones in the Advanced Tutorial Appendix B are mainly flows, rather than checklists. The checklists that are present in Appendix B seem to tally with the other documentation from Majestic. I printed off all the flows so I can do a proper cold and dark start with all the tests.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Thank you for making this but which checklists are correct, the ones included in the install or yours or the ones in the 2nd tutorial. They all seem to be different?

The second one was written by a Q400 pilot and the one Ive done are all the steps you need to do from that. A cut down simple to follow version.

If you wish to do all the fire tests etc follow the second one that came out. But there is no chance of anything being wrong with your Q400 ATM, so untill the Pro version comes out, its a bit pointless.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

If you wish to do all the fire tests etc follow the second one that came out. But there is no chance of anything being wrong with your Q400 ATM, so untill the Pro version comes out, its a bit pointless.

Perhaps some see it that way, but for me if you are going to do a Cold and Dark first flight of the day you may as well do it properly or not bother, if you're not that interested in simulating proper ops then why pay for a high fidelity addon? It's why I returned my QW146 for a refund; because they said you could do all the normal procedures on it but you can't (obviously not many people agree with my viewpoint because I believe the QW146 has sold quite well!)

If I don't have the time or inclination to do all the first flight tests, I'll use the default "short turnaround" state it loads in and then I can get in the air much quicker, but there's still enough to do (including engine start) to keep me entertained.

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

you say

if you're not that interested in simulating proper ops then why pay for a high fidelity addon?

and then say...

I don't have the time or inclination to do all the first flight tests, I'll use the default "short turnaround" state it loads in and then I can get in the air much quicker,

:rolleyes:

The default turnaround state has been stated lots of time is the normal state a pilot of the Q400 would find it in.
But the default state is not right. IMO the GPU would be connected...etc etc, lots of little things not right. So if your going to do it just by the book then the default state is wrong.
When the Pro version comes out the tests have more of a meaning that "am doing by the book" If you read carefully there is one test you can do that sounds like it take 10 mins to self test. Don't forget that one!

At the end of the day each to there own.

If we are talking about making it as real as we can be, then we will all have to wait for FS2Crew to make us a CP and we then can just stick to the captains jobs.

If anyone want to do everything by the book, then follow the second tutorial. It's very good and very long.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

and then say...

I don't have the time or inclination to do all the first flight tests, I'll use the default "short turnaround" state it loads in and then I can get in the air much quicker,

But the default state is not right. IMO the GPU would be connected...etc etc, lots of little things not right. So if your going to do it just by the book then the default state is wrong...

...If anyone want to do everything by the book, then follow the second tutorial. It's very good and very long.

You abridged my quote, there was a big if in front of that!

The short turn around default state is not perfect, but it's not far off (just turn on GPU, bus tie and recognition lights) and once those few items are taken care of you proceed as normal with your flows.

I've gone beyond the very good and long advanced tutorial, I have my airline SOP to follow too :lol:, which means I almost always Bleeds off 81% RTOP and RDC Np LDG. And thoughtful little things like using wing inspection lights when propellers are rotating in apron/ramp areas during the hours of darkness (they illuminate the props for ground crews.

I didn't use to be this anally retentive, but then I discovered FS2Crew and it's turned me in to a stickler for real procedure (i.e. a pedant)

support1.jpg

You should share your work Chris, sounds good.

You should share your work Chris, sounds good.

:smile: Intercity Airways Q400 SOP available here:

weblogo.gifhttp://www.viaintercity.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8

(I never miss a chance to get in a shameless plug :lol:)

There's also a helpful Q400 FAQ and a general SOP for all types available through the forums. And lets not forget there are over 400 flights across Europe utilising the Q400 available, including exciting airports such as Sion, Innsbruck and London City!

support1.jpg

David..........

Just a quick note to say how helpful I've found your checklist.  Everything (mostly) in one place.  Wonderful!  I appreciate the work  and revisions that you've done.  

Now, if there's an FMS genius out there who could/would do a list from "turn on" to "final approach" in detail, we'd be pretty well set.

Jack

Thank you very much for taking the time to produce this excellent checklist.  As a real world Piper Cherokee pilot, the use of a checklist is ingrained in my flying and I had been planning to draw a simple one up for the Q400.  Now there is no need.  Thank you again.

Peter

Very kind of you Peter. Your more than welcome.