Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FS9 is STILL the #1 flight simulator for 'heavy' operations!

I've seen many claim they don't have blurries in fs9. But I've never seen any screen shots to show that....

There will always be blurries far away from you, even in FSX.  But it shouldn't be as close as a few miles like you described.  The blurries should be far off in the distance after take off.  Using Anisotropic and editing the cfg won't eliminate blurries, it just pushes them way out.   

Lets be careful how we throw around the word "excellent"...

FSX can be frustrating to deal with.. I agree. The weather engine is just awful in comparison to FS9.. still the biggest thing that gets to me watching clouds pop in and out of thin air. But with the products PMDG are developing.. I couldn't go back to FS9.

Well I guess I was looking at it from an FS9er point of view.  It is considered one of the best airliner add on for FS9.  My mistake.

I've got fsx and went out of my way to buy the iFly over the Pmdg product it's so good. In fact, offers more then the pmdg does.

I dont want to start a whole versus argument here... ill just say it astounds me how people think that iFly comes anywhere near what PMDG did with the NGX.  The engine sounds are terrible and what made me uninstall it was the flight dynamics.. not even anywhere close to a 737, more like an MD-11 maybe.  Again, not trying to start an argument, just stating my opinion.. which I think a lot of other people agree with if you consider how popular the NGX is.

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

I have the iFly but haven't been hugely impressed by it. It's a decent plane to fly, but framerates are poor for the fairly low detail of the VC (at least by todays standards) and the aircraft feels dull to fly. It has no character at all.

I can assure you i have a registered copy. You need one to post on their support forum.

What do you mean by "fly's better"? To me, that can equate to "is more boring to hand fly". I never found it an interesting and unique enough aircraft to want to hand fly it so i found most of my flights is was just switching straight to the autopilot. 

My other complain is the bugginess of the addon. It needs extreme care when installing it, cannot be downloaded by Chrome else it corrupts, the load manager is buggy and half the time doesn't update the aircraft (and then FS must be exited and reloaded completely to retry the load manager), the MCP has a mind of its own, the HUD is very poor quality, sometimes the aircraft randomly switches to course wheel steering, sometimes it forgets it is in autothrottle and pitches up to 70%+ degrees to maintain its speed when the throttles randomly advance to 100%, and the autobrakes sometimes do not activate on landing.

System specs have no effect on those bugs, they are well reported by a lot of people with all levels of computer power.

My point is, the old PMDG 747 for FS9 looks far better in terms of VC, has basically none of the bugs associated with the iFly, and on my PC achieves excellent frame rates in comparison. Yeah, its years older, but the VC actually looks far better, has higher res textures, much better lighting, etc. The iFly is very inneficient in terms of resource management.

Yep, very strange. Reinstalling it fixes it, but for about 2 weeks, then it goes glitchy again. I have had enough of continual reinstalls so i gave up and bought the 747 and haven't had the urge to fly the iFly since.

I dont want to start a whole versus argument here... ill just say it astounds me how people think that iFly comes anywhere near what PMDG did with the NGX. The engine sounds are terrible and what made me uninstall it was the flight dynamics.. not even anywhere close to a 737, more like an MD-11 maybe. Again, not trying to start an argument, just stating my opinion.. which I think a lot of other people agree with if you consider how popular the NGX is.

I flew the real Level-D 737 sim and I must say iFly nailed the FDE. Can't comment on the NGX no more than to say the VC is totally wrong. When you sit in the cockpit you know right away iFly got it right with the thickness of the forward panel. Go to an air show and check it out for yourself if they have an NG on display.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Yep, very strange. Reinstalling it fixes it, but for about 2 weeks, then it goes glitchy again. I have had enough of continual reinstalls so i gave up and bought the 747 and haven't had the urge to fly the iFly since.

Can only speak for myself, but I have had the iFly 737 since it was released and have never had any problems with it being "glitchy". I have found it to be an exceptional addition to flight sim and FS9 in particular. Having never had the chance to sit in the seat of a 737NG flight deck I cannot offer an opinion on how it stacks up against the real deal. That said, I will have to defer to those that have on that point. Overall, I have to say I have found the iFly 737NG to be one of the most stable add-ons I have had the pleasure of owning.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

I flew the real Level-D 737 sim and I must say iFly nailed the FDE. Can't comment on the NGX no more than to say the VC is totally wrong. When you sit in the cockpit you know right away iFly got it right with the thickness of the forward panel. Go to an air show and check it out for yourself if they have an NG on display.

Have you hand flown iFlys 737? Cause I'm pretty sure you don't need 10 degrees of nose up pitch and 70% power to keep a 737 on the glideslope. Or near full deflection of the ailerons to bank 10 degrees. I remember reading a post awhile back of someone wondering why the iFly is so hard to land... If you haven't even tried the NGX then you wouldn't understand, it puts things in perspective a little bit.

Tom Moretti

Intel i7-7700k @ 4.8 Ghz - MSI Z270 Gaming M5 - 16GB DDR4-3200 Gskill - Nvidia GTX1080 - Corsair H100i V2 - 500GB Samsung 960 EVO m.2 - Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

Agree with the comments on Ifly for FS9. A boring addon, heavy on frames and such a pain to update through the installs. I wish I had FSX for PMDG's NGX.

I don't know how realistic Ifly is, not beeing a real pilot. However, while I am trying hard because it is the only new offering for FS9, I can't get to enjoy it. I don't understand why but it's like that. That frustrates me. Glad to hear that I am not the only one.

GV

No landing issues here. Have never needed 10 degrees of nose up or 70% power to stay on the glide. Just shot an approach into KCLE with a stiff quartering headwind and nothing like what was mentioned was seen. Not saying others don't have issues, just not seen them myself.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

No landing issues here. Have never needed 10 degrees of nose up or 70% power to stay on the glide. Just shot an approach into KCLE with a stiff quartering headwind and nothing like what was mentioned was seen. Not saying others don't have issues, just not seen them myself.

They may have tweaked the flight model since I tried it last.. The thing flew like a lead plated dump truck. Oh well.. Like I said, just my opinion, not trying to sway others

Tom Moretti

Looks like a fight between PMDG and iFly.

Not at all. I simply prefer the product which i find more enjoyable and less stressful setup wise, as afterall this is a hobby.

Realistic the iFly may be, but fun? Not so much.