Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

FS9 is STILL the #1 flight simulator for 'heavy' operations!

Looks like a fight between PMDG and iFly.

Typical J Skorna post. Easy to see how that post count got so high.

Regards,

Joe Esposito

Yawn

Typical J Skorna post. Easy to see how that post count got so high.

Yawn

(Thanks for a valid reason for another one.)

Welcome to 'FS9.75'.

Dillon:

Could you list the various facets or tweaks that you feel compose FS9.75?

Thanks

Chris

With their install procedure, you never know if a strange behaviur is due to a bad install or the product itself. Anyway, I struggle to believe that Chrome or Defender can harm a gauge file to the point the plane flies but VNAV is broken.

Please help me enjoy Ifly. I want it and I need it.

GV

Have you hand flown iFlys 737? Cause I'm pretty sure you don't need 10 degrees of nose up pitch and 70% power to keep a 737 on the glideslope. Or near full deflection of the ailerons to bank 10 degrees. I remember reading a post awhile back of someone wondering why the iFly is so hard to land... If you haven't even tried the NGX then you wouldn't understand, it puts things in perspective a little bit.

It's been awhile since I flew the Level-D sim so these details I would have to test which is not possible now. One thing that's common with real world airliners is the delayed bank when you turn the yoke. I found iFly's FDE very realistic based on what I remember. People who never flown the real thing assume how a plane should handle based on other FS add-ons. I'm glade I've had some kind of experience to base my perspective on. I will say in an -800 you really can't hear the engines in the cockpit which is true, someone mentioned here already concerning an unrealistic feature of both the NGX and the iFly model. The trouble with FS models is you have to take liberties because compensation has to made for the lack of being in a real cockpit. Alternative reference points have to be in place.

Dillon:

Could you list the various facets or tweaks that you feel compose FS9.75?

Thanks

Chris

Please read what I already wrote in this thread.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Polar is still heavy for FS9 and don't see any migration to FSX anytime soon, not even for a B-777. :wub:

And Jim? Seriously. Please stay over at the other place. Please.

I can post anywhere I like thanks,

:lol: 

:Rolling Eyes: 

:p0503:

:lol:

:Rolling Eyes:

:p0503:

I can post anywhere I like thanks,

Up to a point Jim. You and I have had this discussion before. Your posts are no more than provocative and trying to stir things up. Keep doing it, and you won't be posting here, whether you want to or not.

Question for Tom, that poll showing freeware vs payware purchase for FS, was that for both fsx and fs9?

It wasn't that granular. It was simply a question which attempts to measure freeware versus payware on a user's system. Whether it was FX, FS9, X-Plane or whatever, the point was to see where folks lie in relation to the two ends of the spectrum.

Only because im supporting the my wife needs more shoes and handbags fund....

I don't do marriage interventions.. Sorry, you are on your own. :lol:

When I went to the big European exhibition at Lelystad I was surprised how any rigs were still using FS9 for heavys, especially where people had PCs networked. It was the vast majority.

You set in-game filtering at Trilinear. Then go to your FS9 profile in Nvidia Inspector, set filtering to "user defined/off", Anisotropic Filtering Setting to "16X", Texture Filtering Negative LOD Bias to "Clamp" and Quality to "High Quality".

You can google or do a search on this forum for NI settings with screenshots. That should make it easier.

You'll also get superior AA if you disable it in FS9 and use NI instead.

You also want to make sure you have these settings in your FS9 cfg file under [Terrain]:

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_TEXTURES=1

TERRAIN_DEFAULT_RADIUS=9.000000

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_RADIUS=9.900000

TERRAIN_EXTENDED_LEVELS=4

Groovin, I wish to thank you for posting the four .cfg items above.  WOW...have they ever cranked up the quality of ground representation. I have never had these in place, and had had some outright bad blurries to the horizon. With your posted tweaks, I now have a very gradual 'soft focus' of textures, that in fact, emulates what you see with the human eye at 18,000 feet and higher. I suggest that all users (if you haven't already) add all the posted tweak settings to their FS9 .cfg file. The difference between not having these settings, and having, are huge.

Mitch