Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

soundset is important

I know people who do exactly what you suggested though - aircraft sound through speakers and then VATSIM/IVAO ATC voice in their USB headset.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I know people who do exactly what you suggested though - aircraft sound through speakers and then VATSIM/IVAO ATC voice in their USB headset.

I'm sorry that I've called the wind sound as loud. Something messed up with my FSX sound settings. I looked up in the NGX Introduction PDF and now everything sounds as it should..

Hey Ryan,

could it be possible to fade the enginesound a little bit with increasing speed and wind noise

regards

Jürgen

For what it's worth not all airline pilots wear noise cancelling headsets or whatever - my dad doesn't. He has one of those thin mic + single in-ear things and that's it.

I bought one of those Star headsets with a USB connector for vatsim/FScrew. Works like a charm

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 2

Eric 

Well then all praise goes to Armen- Thank you!

Peter Osborn

Hey Ryan,

could it be possible to fade the enginesound a little bit with increasing speed and wind noise

regards

Jürgen

FSX doesn't let you do this unfortunately. The sound.cfg essentially allows for 1 sound per "block" of N1. We're well aware of the real-life changes in sound between ground and cruise ops, but it's not something that can be realistically implemented right now. We'd have to make a 100% custom sound engine to do it and there are numerous problems with doing that such as the loss of position cues and sound cones.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

How realistic can I expect the sounds to be for the 777? I watch many youtube videos of the 777 during takeoff, and would hope that PMDG can get the sounds perfect or at least close to perfect.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

How realistic can I expect the sounds to be for the 777? I watch many youtube videos of the 777 during takeoff, and would hope that PMDG can get the sounds perfect or at least close to perfect.

These guys will pretty much have it bang on within the confines of FSX's sound engine :)

Alaister Kay

Everything in our soundset is recorded off the real airplane/engines so I'm not sure how it'd even be possible for it to not sound realistic. I've compared it to a ton of videos and stuff and I think we've got it pretty spot on.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

Everything in our soundset is recorded off the real airplane/engines so I'm not sure how it'd even be possible for it to not sound realistic. I've compared it to a ton of videos and stuff and I think we've got it pretty spot on.

Then of course are the wingers who say "DOES NOT SOUND LIKE THE REAL THING" yet they have never been in a cockpit before!!

Then of course are the wingers who say "DOES NOT SOUND LIKE THE REAL THING" yet they have never been in a cockpit before!!

Indeed - and they were probably using the built-in laptop audio or some $9.99 speakers that shipped with the PC.........    :dirol:

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Armen spent that $9.99 on speakers?!?!?!

This is why we recalled his company charge card...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Armen spent that $9.99 on speakers?!?!?!

This is why we recalled his company charge card...

Well at least he doesn't moonlight as an IRS conference planner so you are OK...for now

Rick Charles

How do you get to do that? Because you obviously need to record interior sounds...Do you get a fee flight? :rolleyes: 

Or is it just a case of visiting an aircraft in MX, then going when they do the engine run ups at the end of it? :blink: