Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nathan3219

Any Good B747-200/300 for FSX?

I've downloaded the awesome Active ILS VHHX Kai Tak airport addon by Jim Vile to bring Kai Tak alive in FSX.

After completing a few flights to Kai Tak in my A300B4, MD-11F and B744 I'd really like a Boeing 747-200 or 300. So what I am looking for is a Boeing 747-200 or -300 for FSX that has realism somewhere around the A300. Does anyone know any complex Boeing 747-200/300s out there?

I know CLS has a Boeing 747-200/300, but I have no idea if it has much systems modelling.

Thanks,

Nathan3219

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Ready for Pushback had a nice 742 back in the FS9 days and it was upgraded for FSX but not sure if it was as nice as the fs9 version.  I remember installing it when FSX was first released but it is no longer in my hangar (reason(s) unknown)(it might have been the fact PMDG released the 744X and that was made for FSX).  Then CLS has a 742 with a free 743 included and I liked that model too but, again, it is no longer in my hangar, reason(s) unknown.  There's a nice review (appears to be right on) over at flightsim - http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?184074-CLS-747-200-747-300-user-review.  There are many other reviews on this product too.  The review will tell you whether it has good system modeling or not. 

Best regards,

Jim

That is the problem...there are no good 747-200/300 FSX packages out there and we need some! CLS was a very lite version and didn't get my juices flowing.

Jeff

CLS was a very lite version and didn't get my juices flowing

That's the shortest review of a major commercial product I have ever read!  :lol:   Got to have those juices flowing for sure!

Best regards,

Jim

We all wish; FSX is sorely lacking a high end classic 747. I'm just putting up with the free RFP until someone comes out with one.

RFP 747 is one of the most complex airplane addons out there. The graphics are a little dated though and you might need to use the 2d panels mostly. I have not tried it in FSX but I used to fly it almost every day in FS9 years ago. I was hoping they were going to do a new version for FSX. Guess not.

CLS is bringing a version 1.5 of their 747 classic package, read they expect release late next month.

There is another developer working on a 747 Classic, but beyond a few early screenshots, we don't know much else.

I would also love to have a 747 Classic.

Thanks for the feedback guys... looks like there might be quite a market for the 747 Classic!

Oh well, just got done doing the IGS13 approach into Kai Tak with the SimCheck A300B4. I dunno if I'll buy the T7 since I'm having so much fun with the A300! I just can't get enough of them INS classic heavies :rolleyes: