Sign in to follow this  
Moggy

BSOD has struck

Hi all:

Am getting near-constant BSOD crashes.  Here are screenshots from three of the last four from "Blue Screen Viewer:"

060213_zps207029cb.png

060113_zps9c08baec.png

051013_zps88109f37.png

Can anyone spot what the problem might be? My computer specs:

MB: ASUS P877-V Pro (Intel Z77)
CPU: Intel i7 3770K (4.5 GHz o/c) liquid-cooled
RAM: 32 GB DDR3 SDRAM
GPU: nVidia GTX 680
PSU: 950w
HD: 512 GB SSD
FSX Version:  Accel.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "Crash To Desktop (CTD) Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Are you using the 320.18 Nvidia drivers? Lots of reports of such system exception errors with same. WHQL makes fun of its name and mission yet again!

Are you using the 320.18 Nvidia drivers? Lots of reports of such system exception errors with same. WHQL makes fun of its name and mission yet again!

I can vouch for possible Nvidia issues too.  Only BSOD I ever got on my system was about four years ago, after an Nvidia driver update and change to the Nvidia config.  I backed off what I did, and no problems since.  I can't recall on the top of my head my driver set, but it's been stable, the version is 9.18.13.623, the date of the set 8/20/2012.

John

The BSOD was caused by the srv2.sys and this is a driver for the System Management Bus -http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/System_Management_Bus .  It's a corrupted driver and it has nothing to do with the Nvidia drivers.  What he needs to do is download and install a program like Driver Scanner.  It will scan your system and look for drivers out of date.  It will then go on the Internet and look for the most recent.  That's freeware.  It becomes payware if you want the program to update the drivers for you or, if you know how to use Google, you can look for the outdated drivers yourself, download and install.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Okay I have just experienced my first BSOD while using FSX as well. I am using the latest nvidia 320 drivers. 

Here's what mine is:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode: 124
  BCP1: 0000000000000000
  BCP2: FFFFFA800D073028
  BCP3: 00000000BE000000
  BCP4: 0000000000800400
  OS Version: 6_1_7601
  Service Pack: 1_0
  Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\060613-10436-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Kwon\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-16801-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Can someone please tell me what the cause of this was? I was in the middle of flying and all a sudden BSOD.

I've read a blog with another user having the same BSOD as me and Word Not Allowed said it was a result of my v-core setting being too low? I am overclocked on an i7-3770k to 4.5Ghz and my v-core shows 1.200-1.208V under CPU-Z. Do you guys think this is the problem and if I should up the voltage?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Sure, check overclocking BSOD codes: http://www.overclock.net/t/935829/the-overclockers-bsod-code-list

ususally 124 means that you should increase vcore. Your vcore looks too low for me, but maybe i'm wrong becouse i don't have ivy bridge. I have my sandy(2700K) at 4.8GHz and arround 1.4Vcore(arround becouse i use offset mode). It is stable at 1.38, but for fsx ot full stability you have to add some more vcore.

This can also happen becouse of wrong BIOS settings, especialy C-states. This is from OC forums:

"To prevent idle or Random BSODs (sometimes error 124) you have to set the C States in a particular way.

If you are using offset mode for voltage, you mustdisable the C3 and C6 report.

If you are using Manual voltage then you must either run them on auto or enable them."

Here is the whole thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1120291/solving-fixing-bsod-124-on-sandybridge-read-op-first

Thanks, I have upped my v-core to 1.25, lets hope this will stabilize things. RealTemp is reporting the max temp on one of my cores is 82C, is this bad?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

When that happens? With FSX would be bad, my temps are below 60c with FSX. You should have a good cooler and you should do some CPU stress testing. With IBT temps should be below 90c at default test, this is orientative and it's a good sign if you can keep temps below 90c. 

Then you should do some more tests with Prime95 for several hours. According to Assus, AIDA64 is the right stress test utility for ivy bridge.

Try with some OC guides:http://www.overclock.net/t/1291703/ivy-bridge-overclocking-guide-asus-motherboards

The OP was talking about a BSOD w/a 044 Stop Code and showing that it was caused by the svc2.sys driver.  This has nothing to do with overheating and BSOD Stop 0124 issues.  Please start a new post.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM