Sign in to follow this  
megs8888

Saitek Quadrant What Do you use buttons for?

Just wishing to know what controls you map to the buttons on your quadrants, I have 2 so that's 12 buttons I can use thanks everyone.

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

i have  only one tq plus multi panel and switch panel also from saitek, i assigned to the first couple of button parking brakes toggle  and spoilers arm, the second to primary and secondary fs2crew buttons and the engine primer to one of the third couple of buttons, left the last button unassigned for the moment.. 

Hope this helps..

Bye.

Thanks what are the Fs2 crew buttons?

Wayne HART

While i have all the buttons on the yoke itself mapped to various functions, I don't use the rocker switches on the throttle quadrant at all.  When I mount the TQ so it's comfortable to use, i find those switches aren't in the best spot to use for anything other than occasional use.  As well, I have the switch panel, so for most GA planes I have enough switches, and for anything else I would need far far more than that.

I'm actually considering modding the TQ and replacing those switches with proper toggle switches; then mounting one of those toggles so it works sideways - then I might use two of them for setting rudder trim and such.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Yes your right they are not in a great spot. Let me know if you mod them and how you do it I might do the same. Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Wayne HART

Flaps up and down, Gear up and down, and Cowl Flaps up and down

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

Is it me or are they a real pain in the arse to use to small, so not in use.

Rich Sennett

ideal spot for a to/ga switch in a jet !!

for now, cheers

john martin

I use mine for manual gear retraction/deployment (for the A2A Spitfire) and for cowl flaps/oil cooler flaps for the An-2. The last two I haven't found a use for but TO/GA is a new idea.

I had two...Threw them away! CH throttle does the lot. :smile:

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I had two...Threw them away!

And to think I just picked up a second unit a few weeks ago!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I use mine to bring up the atc , GPS, 2d engine panel and to change the view modes Use the red lever for speed brake blue for flaps and black for throttle

3080rtx  on a i7 12700k with 32 Gig ddr5. 2gig Ssd

Quest 2

Windows 11

Like boxdog above, I've worked out they are best used to bring up panels as required... GPS / Engine quad / radios / ATC / flightplan etc

I have my two quadrant set up as spoilers on the first lever, two throttles, two condition levers and the last one as landing gear - all through FSUIPC.

For the switches I use the first one for flaps extend/retract, the next two for fuel cut off switches under the two throttles, the next two for various light toggles and the last one (under the gear lever) for floats.

Daz