Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dazzystar

Trying to get clarity in my VC

Hi All,

Is it normal to not being able to see dial and button text nice and crisp without having to zoom in? I'm running the latest Nvidia driver on my GTX 470 with a TH2GO and with my Lancair I need to zoom in to clearly see the printed text on the buttons. In Inspector I have 4x (4x multisampling) set in the antialising setting.

Cheers

Daz

In that config yes it's normal.

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

I'd also try 8xSQ but at a cost of performance.

|Ryan Butterworth|

| i7 4790K@4.4GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA GTX 1080Ti | ASUS Z97-Pro | 1TB 860 Evo | 500GB 840 Evo Win10 Pro | 1TB Samsung 7200rpm | Seasonic X750W |

What? No nvidia inspector way to enable transparency AA mode 2xSGSS for GTX470?

I find that increasing full screen resolution to the max makes a significant impact upon graphics clarity and focus of the VC.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10.     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft So far the PE44, because it's the only twin with steam gauges that I am aware of. Waiting for A!

After years of using 8xSQ + 2x Transparency SS because everyone swears by it here but still having way too much shimmering I went to 16xS + 2x Transparency SS and it's much better with zero performance difference.

I only have a GTX570. Don't be afraid to push the limits of your card until you start to actually see adverse performance.

Only using 4xMS for AA is going to produce terrible results and you should be able to handle much higher settings.

I don't think inpector can set AA settings in DX10 mode. You are stuck with setting it in FSX in that case.

Or at least it used to be this way. If I'm wrong someone can correct me.

I don't think inpector can set AA settings in DX10 mode. You are stuck with setting it in FSX in that case.

It works in DX10, you need to add some lines to the fsx.cfg file as well, the setup is in the sticky in the DX10 forum (sorry I don't have the lines right now or I'd post them).  I have 4xS AA and 4xSGSS working great with NI and DX10.  I couldn't seem to make 2xSGSS work at all though, or if it was it wasn't working to the same level that it does in DX9.  You also have to have the AA box checked in FSX.  I'm not sure if that just allows NI to override the FSX version or if it enhances it instead or what, but I've read if you don't have it checked then NI doesn't work.

Charles Paluda

AMD Ryzen 3700X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | EVGA 2080 Super FTW3 Hydrocopper | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Rival 700 | SteelSeries QcK Prism XL| SteelSeries Arctis Pro + GameDAC | Saitek X52 | Honeycomb Alpha | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 10 Pro

It works in DX10, you need to add some lines to the fsx.cfg file as well, the setup is in the sticky in the DX10 forum (sorry I don't have the lines right now or I'd post them).  I have 4xS AA and 4xSGSS working great with NI and DX10.  I couldn't seem to make 2xSGSS work at all though, or if it was it wasn't working to the same level that it does in DX9.  You also have to have the AA box checked in FSX.  I'm not sure if that just allows NI to override the FSX version or if it enhances it instead or what, but I've read if you don't have it checked then NI doesn't work.

+1 this is correct! SSAA in DX10 looks awesome. Dare I say... Sharper than in DX9.

C.

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.

39%
    $9,915.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now