Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

darrenkarp

Trying to get clarity in my VC

Hi All,

Is it normal to not being able to see dial and button text nice and crisp without having to zoom in? I'm running the latest Nvidia driver on my GTX 470 with a TH2GO and with my Lancair I need to zoom in to clearly see the printed text on the buttons. In Inspector I have 4x (4x multisampling) set in the antialising setting.

Cheers

Daz

What? No nvidia inspector way to enable transparency AA mode 2xSGSS for GTX470?

I find that increasing full screen resolution to the max makes a significant impact upon graphics clarity and focus of the VC.

After years of using 8xSQ + 2x Transparency SS because everyone swears by it here but still having way too much shimmering I went to 16xS + 2x Transparency SS and it's much better with zero performance difference.

I only have a GTX570. Don't be afraid to push the limits of your card until you start to actually see adverse performance.

Only using 4xMS for AA is going to produce terrible results and you should be able to handle much higher settings.

I don't think inpector can set AA settings in DX10 mode. You are stuck with setting it in FSX in that case.

Or at least it used to be this way. If I'm wrong someone can correct me.

I don't think inpector can set AA settings in DX10 mode. You are stuck with setting it in FSX in that case.

It works in DX10, you need to add some lines to the fsx.cfg file as well, the setup is in the sticky in the DX10 forum (sorry I don't have the lines right now or I'd post them).  I have 4xS AA and 4xSGSS working great with NI and DX10.  I couldn't seem to make 2xSGSS work at all though, or if it was it wasn't working to the same level that it does in DX9.  You also have to have the AA box checked in FSX.  I'm not sure if that just allows NI to override the FSX version or if it enhances it instead or what, but I've read if you don't have it checked then NI doesn't work.

It works in DX10, you need to add some lines to the fsx.cfg file as well, the setup is in the sticky in the DX10 forum (sorry I don't have the lines right now or I'd post them).  I have 4xS AA and 4xSGSS working great with NI and DX10.  I couldn't seem to make 2xSGSS work at all though, or if it was it wasn't working to the same level that it does in DX9.  You also have to have the AA box checked in FSX.  I'm not sure if that just allows NI to override the FSX version or if it enhances it instead or what, but I've read if you don't have it checked then NI doesn't work.

+1 this is correct! SSAA in DX10 looks awesome. Dare I say... Sharper than in DX9.

C.