Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

We have lift-off! SimHeaven OSM+AUTOGEN is ORBX GLOBAL!

Thanks, Scotch egg.

Those settings in the screen shot work pretty well everywhere else. I'm locked at 30FPS and see drops to 23-25 overhead Manchester for instance. Something hooky with Birmingham though.

Even when I set rendering to the default/minimum, I still get WIndows memory warnings when flying towards Birmingham or starting out at EGBB. Sometimes, Xplane won't even load without crashing when selecting EGBB.

It's a shame, because OSM really adds to the sim

There's something in the B'ham area consuming memory massively.

Hope someone has some ideas.

Thanks

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

Do you have the same settings as in the screenshot posted before? Except number of objects?

If yes, you could try to decrease world detail distance, it influences strongly the area, which is calculated. Do you use 32 or 64 bit version?

I assume you have the osm+autogen version as this looks better in good old England. You could also try osm+only and only for this tile. And you could lower water reflection detail and anisotropic filter level.

PilotBalu,

I've managed to get it working now with medium settings generally.

No cars, texture resolution very high, world distance medium seem to be the key settings. The difference VRAM usage in texture res setting is quite staggering between extreme and very high.

Back to enjoying your wonderful work.

Thanks again

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I've been checking OSM coverage (buildings) on their website today.. a pleasant surprise is it seems to me France is the best covered nation I've come across. An incredible number of towns and villages are covered with buildings there, I'm gonna get some Simheaven photo after work and fly there. Austria is pretty good too, not quite France but pretty close. Germany is decent, depends on area. Switzerland is a disappointment though. 

EDIT: man is that map browser slow to load! They really should fix that. 

I've been checking OSM coverage (buildings) on their website today..

That's the thing with OSM, one area can be covered extremely well, and a few kilometers down the the road, there is no coverage at all. e.g. In my area there is a village mapped to an incredible amount of detail, down to the fences surrounded the houses, and the next village just 2km away has no buildings at all.

However the beauty of OSM is that if you don't like something or want to fix up an area, you can easily do it yourself, either using Potlatch or JOSM. I would urge anybody who is using OSM in X-Plane to spend some time contributing back and adding in your local area. I'd recommend using JOSM with the buildings and terrace plugins to make it quicker and easier.

Hey,Im a new X-PLANER (Actually waiting for the xp10 copy to arrive)

This thing really sounds intersting,could some body please post some pictures just with OSM EUROPE+AUTOGEN,with no photoreals ot any thing elase only osm+autogen.

i see that there is a gallery but i dont which of them is with other addons 

My gallery is only OSM Europe with Autogen but it's basically just the Alps area as that's where I mostly fly, and it's mostly cockpit shots but you might get some idea of how it pieces together...

http://forum.avsim.net/gallery/album/128-xp10-from-the-cockpit/

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Just had to come back here and state that as far as I am concerned, SimHeaven's continent OSM+AUTOGEN scenery files, are not only a ***MUST HAVE*** for any XPX.21 installation, (see instructions in the North America zip file for proper order placement of your scenery files...) but will transform XPX.21 into what FSX will look like with the soon-to-be-released ORBX Global!

That is a fact!

I am getting with rez set to VERY HIGH, a constant and stable 30 FPS and with flying around the Bay of Fundy (took off from Moncton International), I can't believe how those two OSM+AUTOGEN files have TOTALLY transformed the view-scape of XPX.  This is another sim, upon my hard drive. WOW! WOW! WOW!

A must have installation!

http://simheaven.com/?page_id=531

It keeps getting better, and better, with every download....XPX ROCKS!

Mitch

I disagree.  This combo is much better than Orbx Global.  It is actually much better than their "Full featured regions" even.  Why you ask, because it is the real world below you! 

I disagree.  This combo is much better than Orbx Global.  It is actually much better than their "Full featured regions" even.  Why you ask, because it is the real world below you! 

...with the added bonus of World2Xplane, it's 'no contest'. However, I can appreciate the lure of the other sims. Take for example, A2A's brilliant Cherokee, we don't have any study level GA aircraft to match. With only a handful of developers, we're not likely to see one any time soon either. :(

...with the added bonus of World2Xplane, it's 'no contest'. However, I can appreciate the lure of the other sims. Take for example, A2A's brilliant Cherokee, we don't have any study level GA aircraft to match. With only a handful of developers, we're not likely to see one any time soon either. :(

Saab 340 is a study SIM Payware

The Carenado and Albeo stuff comes close.  Granted, they don't offer the engine modeling, and system degradation like A2A.  Yes FSX is still relevant, although P3d2 will make it irrelevant should they ever get the "E" License.  All 3 of these sims do something better than the rest.  FSX has TacPack.  P3d2 looks nice, shares existing titles AND has support.  X-Plane flies real nice, is 64bit, and the "ugly plausible world," is actually a blessing in disguise.  The Scenery rendering ability of X-Plane far exceeds either of the other two sims.  10.30b3 just made it better.    

Excuse me, but, what is ORBX?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Orbx (Venema)  the same one that made some harsh remarks about "XP having no future"....LOL

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo