Sign in to follow this  
Dragonmount

Captain sim 777?

People think the PMDG 777 will be released very soon, but what if the release doesn't happen until 2014? or 2015? PMDG usually releases a few Youtube videos a few months before release, and for the 777 this hasn't happened yet.

I remember someone from PMDG saying the 777 is pretty much ready by now, they just seem to be adjusting some last minor things before release. No way the release could be that much further away.

Most of those who bought CS stuff will buy PMDG anyway as it's obviously going to be quite superior, at least for those who are interested in proper flight dynamics and systems.

If pmdg don't release their 777 by Christmas, I could by the cs one but only for the 9.99 sale.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Alexander Colka

I remember someone from PMDG saying the 777 is pretty much ready by now, they just seem to be adjusting some last minor things before release. No way the release could be that much further away.

Most of those who bought CS stuff will buy PMDG anyway as it's obviously going to be quite superior, at least for those who are interested in proper flight dynamics and systems.

I will be buying the PMDG 777 as soon as they put it out on the shelf, but right now I am enjoying flying the CS777.  It has flaws, some a little more serious, but it is not bad, it's just that PMDG's will be at a level of realism that is attainable only by very few developers.

I think from the standard of normal, high end (work in progress) FSX releases, the CS 777 is acceptable and fun to fly, and with a few more patches would be quite good, assuming they really are still working on it.

If PMDG were not making a Boeing 777 at all, I would be very satisfied with Captain Sim's product. 

If it were a Boeing 787, that PMDG was about to release, most everyone would be happy to have Captain Sim's 777.  I know I would.

Maybe. But what seems to happen with those folks (God Bless them) is that a product is just about near release and then someone finds an issue they absolutely must fix before it is "ready" and the cycle begins anew. Like just happened in May with the cockpit VC textures. Looks like the cost 2 months time right there. It's anybody's guess when it will be released.

spacer.png

Maybe. But what seems to happen with those folks (God Bless them) is that a product is just about near release and then someone finds an issue they absolutely must fix before it is "ready" and the cycle begins anew. Like just happened in May with the cockpit VC textures. Looks like the cost 2 months time right there. It's anybody's guess when it will be released.

People often forget that the 777 turned out to be a bit more complex than PMDG had initially realized, IIRC Rob had stated that they had to pull development of the DC-6 (Remember the DC-6 was initially due before the 777) in order to throw more resources into the 777. With this reasoning we can reasonably expect the possibility of further delays, perhaps into 2014. They say they don't have a release date but trust me any good project-driven enterprise will have some sort of an internal deadline, and Rob will be keeping a close eye on the 777 Gantt charts in Microsoft Project 2010.

With regards to the VC textures, for me I really don't mind how the back of the cockpit look, as I don't fly the 777 via the jumpseat. It would look awkward anyway with 2 empty seats at the front. (I just don't get how we can't have a 3D model of a copilot, perhaps as an option. My rig is powerful enough for the FPS hit and other developers like Coolsky are throwing polys into unnecessary things like 3D circuit breakers.)

I think from the standard of normal, high end (work in progress) FSX releases, the CS 777 is acceptable and fun to fly, and with a few more patches would be quite good, assuming they really are still working on it.

If PMDG were not making a Boeing 777 at all, I would be very satisfied with Captain Sim's product. 

Hi Robert,

How would you compare the CS777 comapred to the QW 757, for system depth and flyability? Thanks, Bruce.

Bought it from day one right through to v1.1 visually great, flyable not really the udates kept coming but the dynamics didn't eye candy only uninstalled to never see my hard drive again wait for the PMDG777 you know you want to.