Sign in to follow this  

Norway!

Is it possible to download the Photopack1 without having to sign up for a Microsoft account, or is this a step that is necessary?

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Thanks MAS ill get rid of ENVS by AS then, with the photo sceneries JVE linked they are all dead. Are these provided on 3.5 which I have? If not where can i get them, Awesome looking so far very happy. Wayne

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

Apparently it's totally random if one needs to sign in or not. However you can use any hotmail or gmail or liveaccount to sign in. It should be public, but microsoft is having a laugh on us it seemes...

Mas

Thanks MAS ill get rid of ENVS by AS then, with the photo sceneries JVE linked they are all dead. Are these provided on 3.5 which I have? If not where can i get them, Awesome looking so far very happy. Wayne

Both the AoN and the photopack are available vi the links I posted. The rest should be good on Jeroens post?

Mas

Gmail sign-in didn't work and I prefer not to sign up for a Microsoft email so will just have to give this a miss.

Thanks for your response anyway.

May all your landings be safe ones!

Hugh Costello - NZWN

Gmail sign-in didn't work and I prefer not to sign up for a Microsoft email so will just have to give this a miss.

Thanks for your response anyway.

I understand you perfectly. The first couple of times I tried, I was asked to sign in as well, but after some attempts, I got through.

I think you need to sign up, but you can sign up with your gmail - all you get is 7 GB of cloud storage - not that bad, but your choice of course!

Mas

Looking forward to setting this freeware up for Norway. One question: I have downloaded the NSX_IIVer.1Beta and within this folder there is sub-folder named "UT vagar own 5407" with 4 bgl files and a Norwegian text document. What scenery files are these and where are they placed within the FSX Scenery Library?

Thanks!

Got one reply (not one of the devs i think, but a long time member of the forum) that supports my first suggestion - copy the files to the scenery/UTEurRoad/scenery folder. Guess before and after flight around ENAT would confirm this...

Mas

LOL It IS becoming a bit of a mess, isn't it...?  ^_^  It's a shame everything can't be downloaded from a more regular site. And it's also a shame I can't edit the OP or the post with all the links anymore. I will see if I can get edit access from the AVSIM mods somehow...

Concerning Piper9t3 questions: they are answered very well by mas618 but take note of what I posted in the post with all the links: "I will show you how to get the most out of the Norwegian freeware without going too much in detail, so I will leave out some extra's that aren't mandatory for a good experience." The downloads do contain a lot of extra's which I skipped because they aren't mandatory for a good experience and imho that post was already long and complicated enough. ^_^

BTW I have two Norway folders on my PC: one with all the original downloads and one with ONLY the files you really need to enjoy the Norway freeware. It's a real shame and a pity I can't simply upload that last folder somewhere: then people would only have to add everything that's in it to the Scenery Library and that would be it. That would really make life a lot easier. Hopefully all the developers of the freeware will one day unite and release ONE file that has it all. ^_^ Then again... when FTX Norway South has been released a lot of this freeware won't be needed anymore. I do however think I will keep on using quite a few of the AoN airports because some are really payware quality.

Indeed the download is a mess, and also because the package is constantly updated (wich of course is a good thing). I know from a few posts on flightsim.no that Andrew does not like his work being shared through other channels than the ones he can control himself, wich makes perfectly sense, so unfortunately me or Jeroen cannot share the packages here...

An even better versin of ENSD (everyone should fly into this airport and shoot the ndb approach with a circle to land - beautiful as ever and also quite challenging!) and another airport is in the pipeline from flightsim.no along with a project called ENBR X, which will quite extensive from the looks of it... Boy those Norwegians have a live and active community!

Mas

NEWS FLASH! :P

I created a new topic in which you can find everything you want in the opening post (instead of scattered all over the topic like in this one). Any future updates (no matter who posts them) will be posted in bold red so they are easy to find later on. And if things become really messy once more I will create yet another new topic LOL

The 'guide' is a lot shorter and easier to follow because there (luckily) are less download locations.

Feel free to check the new topic for errors ASAP because I can edit it only for a short while...! ^_^ I redownloaded everything and checked every link and zip and whatever but I am not perfect, so... feel free to correct me where I am wrong!

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/416472-norway-updated/

Great work on the updated thread Jeroen! That should sort out most of the mess...

Mas

Great work on the updated thread Jeroen! That should sort out most of the mess...

Mas

Ah LOL Since you are quite active in this topic (thank you btw!!!) I was just typing a PM to you: maybe you would be so kind to check that post for errors...? Thanks in advance! (I won't send that PM anymore now.)

Will do that tonight when I get home! Looks perfect at first glance though! I've done nothing - all your work is much appreciated Jeroen. I suspect that more users of AoN will spawn continued development and also maybe encourage Orbx to have the package and all of it's users in mind when developing NOS and related products... Maybe a bit naive, but none the less;-)

Mas

Anyway, about the mesh: afaik it covers all of Norway but I only fly in the south so I haven't checked how the north looks.

I can confirm that the North is also very accurate B) Bought some payware FSGenesis Norway mesh and to my surprise the freeware was better:p