Sign in to follow this  

Norway!

Cool! Thanks for the heads up!

Have a look at this for some great and unbelievable comparison shots (FSX default versus AoN+FTXG):

http://www.almenningen.no:81/fsx/AoN_Set1/Index.htm

And here are some comparisons between FSX default versus Norway freeware+FTXG:

http://www.almenningen.no:81/fsx/General_Set1/Index.htm

(Click on the little circle icons on the left to load a comparison screenshot and drag the line in the middle left and right.)

And here "a few" comparisonshots(all airports in the AoN-package I believe(thnx to mr Almenningen:-)):

http://www.almenningen.no:81/fsx/default.htm

Click the "Compare set" tabs

Amazing how much FTXG+AoN improves Norway!

Ryzen 9 5900X || Gigabyte RTX 4090 Windforce 24G || G.Skill TridentZ 32GB@3600CL16 || Asus ROG Strix Gaming-E X570
XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB M.2 NVMe || Corsair iCUE H115i PRO XT || Phanteks Eclipse P500A D-RGB || Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000W
Gigabyte 43'' FV43U 4k@144hz || X55 Rhino || G27 || Oculus Quest 2 || Turtle Beach Velocity One

I unfortunately found out that after when after having installed the newest version of AoN the taxiways and apron in ENTC were covered with green grass. I have also FTXG but nowhere else has this happened.

Petteri

Petteri Pulkkinen

EFNU, Finland

I unfortunately found out that after when after having installed the newest version of AoN the taxiways and apron in ENTC were covered with green grass. I have also FTXG but nowhere else has this happened.

Petteri

Sounds like you didn't install the photoreal textures...?

No, I didn't. Maybe I should..   ^_^

Thanks,

Petteri

Petteri Pulkkinen

EFNU, Finland

I just installed the whole set including the photoreal. Now, with FTXG, Norway mesh and the yellow rwy marking, my homeland finally looks like it should in FSX.

Kudos to Andrew and the other guys in the AoN team, fantastic work!

23.png

Hey Guys! are there any screenshots? Norway is a beautiful country indeed.

Enrique Vaamonde

Wow...these are nice! Thanks so much.

Enrique Vaamonde

Thanks for the heads up! Downloading now :Smile:

My pleasure! Be advised, that there is an issue with taxiway lights on ENBR. The devs are awar of this, and it will be fixed. Keep an eye out the thread on flightsim.no.

Otherwise i'll report here when there is a new version out, as I'm sure J van E will. And I think that Andrew promised to do the same at some point, but to be honest, I think his work is done:) We'll have to do the tiny last part - spread the holy word!

Mas

Petteri

Oh yeah, I have the same problem, with AoN 3.42 and 3.50... I can see some markings on the ground but taxiways disappeared, just grass everywhere.  :blink:

edit: Silly me, read thru the posts too quick and didnt notice installing the photo set would apparently fix that. Still downloading it but installed the airports pack. (300 kt/s :( )

Hey Jeroen, brilliant bit of work mate. I'm downloading stuff as I type. Tell me though, how much of Norway does the Mesh cover? Cheers...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Hey Jeroen, brilliant bit of work mate. I'm downloading stuff as I type. Tell me though, how much of Norway does the Mesh cover? Cheers...

You're welcome. Mind you, I only posted about this freeware: the really brilliant work has been done by all the developers of course.  ^_^ I do hope you are downloading the latest version of AoN from the link posted yesterday? It's a shame I can't edit my post about all the downloads or the OP anymore... 

Anyway, about the mesh: afaik it covers all of Norway but I only fly in the south so I haven't checked how the north looks.