Sign in to follow this  
slait

Majestic Dash Post Hype

Hey this is exactly what my Q400 looks like, except that I fly in calm weather...Did you notice how the pilot is continually making small corrections, expecially to the roll?

@Nurmblitz @henri5

Okay, I've just fired up the sim, set FSX to the clear weather scenario. Prop wash off, turbulence scalar at 0.75, the default with the latest hotfix...

Took off from EGBB hand flew downwind, hand flew the approach. Totally and utterly stable. I even took my hands off the controls during the approach.

You guys need to seriously reassess what you are doing.

I´m running AS Next and no way I´m going to switch off such a good weather programme.

I grabbed the plane from the Justflight sales just last weekend. It seems that the hotfix is downloadable only for "members".

You cannot register to the forums without some "invitation code". The Justflight installation code does not do the trick.

I try to add the turbulence scalar by hand.

Hi Nurmblitz,

Have you tried emailing Majestic about your registration problems.

support@majesticsoftware.com I'm sure the boys will get you sorted out tout suite.

As mentioned above, there is lots of good info on their website. I highly recommend the Detailed Tutorial Flight pdf. It can be found here;   http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/downloads.html 

Cheers, C

Justflight's Majestic version downloadable last weekend was v1.008. I found out rudder is completely out of trim when the aircraft is loaded in its default loading state. Having corrected rudder trim, it's a pure joy to fly.

Hi,

The latest hot fix is on the JF site under support.I downloaded the fix and the upgrade version whilst waiting for todays postman with the disc.Loaded the aircraft set up the load manager etc. and all ok.

Will try the tutorial flight Wednesday

I´m running AS Next and no way I´m going to switch off such a good weather programme.

I'm not asking you to. henri5 claimed that with clear weather the dash was uncontrollable. I'm demonstrating to him and you that this is untrue. If ASN is creating too much turbulence in combination with the dash... reduce the turbulence scalar!!!

I grabbed the plane from the Justflight sales just last weekend. It seems that the hotfix is downloadable only for "members".

I'm a moderator on the Just Flight forum. If you purchased it from JF, then simply download the hotfix from here...

http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/majestic-software-dash8-q400-pilot-edition

please note, version 1.008 must be installed on your PC to install the hotfix. The hotfix is 1.00801

It's no wonder you are having issues if you haven't even got the latest version.

You cannot register to the forums without some "invitation code". The Justflight installation code does not do the trick.

Not true!

I try to add the turbulence scalar by hand.

NO! I doubt that will work. Install the hotfix from the link I gave you!

ost people are using either 0.75 or 0.5 for the scalar Rob. But yes, it is a scalar, so as long as majestic have enabled such a thing in their software, then you should be able to increase the scalar above the default.

According to the Majestic forum, AccuFeel kind of works for some, but not in the usual way.

As I'm sure you know, Majestic coded the flight dynamics with NASA software, so probably why AccuFeel isn't working normally.

Excellent, thank you.  I'll turn off AccuFeel first before I make any changes to Turbulence scalar.  I like my rides a little rough ... I should charge my passengers extra for the roller coaster ride.

I haven't measured this yet, but could someone give me "actual" (not the calculated ones) TakeOff and Landing and enroute/cruise fuel consumption numbers (light winds)?  I'd like to compare to what I seem to be getting.

Cheers, Rob.

The following video will give you an idea of how much the dash jumps around. Quite a bit of bank and pitch movement in a cross wind.

Wow, nice find ... I don't feel so bad about my flying now :)

Excellent, thank you.  I'll turn off AccuFeel first before I make any changes to Turbulence scalar.  I like my rides a little rough ...

I've been meaning to collect opinions on this subject ever since I got ASN, not necessarily about the Q400.  If ASN buffets the aircraft around in a realistic manner, perhaps redering moot any discussions about how unrealistic the built-in FSX turbulence is, then what is the general opinion of using Accufeel turbulence at all?   Does it not follow that any value other than OFF for Accufeel turbulence would just be potentially adding in bounces beyond what would really be experienced?  Actually, I'm not fully convinced that ASN even signals "turbulence" to Accufeel to act upon in the first place.  I'm starting to wonder if Accufeel Turbulence isn't simply extraneous at this point, if using ASN, whether on the Dash, or any other airplane.  Just curious what people's take on this is, fully realizing that this is really a Q400 thread.

OK, problem mainly solved. I did not have the .81 hotfix, and had turned off propwash. With the hotfix, the turbulence factor was at 0.75 which probably was causing my 400 to act like in the video. When Iturned it off, the plane became much more stable, and there is much less need for continuous small corrections. My main problem now is coordinating my twist joystick with the joystick pitch,yaw and roll and engine throttle controls (no I don't have rudder pedals). I find this more difficult than rotating my hand on my stomach while tapping my head with the other hand, since there are 5 factors instead of 2, but at least I usually end up on the runway.

Since others seem to hve the same problem I had, my advice is to get the hotfix (you can get it at Justflight if you don't want to download the whole plane again at FSPilotshop), turn off propwash and turn off turbulence (or lower it to your liking).

Henri

Henri Arsenault

Hi guys how do I adjust turbulence scalar please? What should be done with prop wash? Thanks Wayne.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

turn off propwash and turn off turbulence (or lower it to your liking).

Henri

Not sure why anyone would want zero turbulence but there you go. Majestic went to a lot of trouble to provide turbulence. Wouldn't a more realistic experience be better?

But I guess if you are a beginner, it would be a way to learn.

Hi guys how do I adjust turbulence scalar please? What should be done with prop wash? Thanks Wayne.

Regarding Prop wash, it's not what SHOULD be done. It's down to preference. If you want to fly a realistic Dash Q400 leave it on. However, if you fly with a joystick, or for some reason find the prop wash simulation undesirable, in can be turned off in the ini file.

Just go to FSX, Simobjects Airplanes mjc8q400 ini ...

Look for YAW_DUE_TO PROPWASH = 1.0

Change it to 0.0 and save.

Initially, the Dash had no turbulence, as the flight model is coded outside of the sim with NASA software. Majestic custom coded the turbulence. However, some users, especially in conjunction with ASN, felt the turbulence was excessive. For this reason, Majestic provided the turbulence scalar. Again, like prop wash, it's in the ini file.

The turbulence scalar is in the ini file. in the [FLIGHTCONTROLS] section...

ELEVATOR_EFFECTIVENESS =0.4

AILERONS_EFFECTIVENESS =0.5

RUDDERS_EFFECTIVENESS =0.5

PEDALS_STEERING_EFFECTIVENESS = 0.5

TURBULENCE_FACTOR=0.75

Thanks I looked in the ini and I don't have any Turbulance_Factor at all in it? Is that because I haven't don't the new update properly? anyway I'll add it to that section. Thankyou Wayne.

Wayne HART

NO! There's a chance it won't work if you just add it in. The software on the Majestic side needs to be compatible.

install the latest hotfix and it should be there.

This is the just flight hotfix page...

http://www.justflight.com/supportfaq/majestic-software-dash8-q400-pilot-edition

Or from wherever you purchased the Dash.

Ok no problem I'll do it in the morning thanks for your prompt assistance much appreciated.

Wayne HART