Sign in to follow this  
slait

Majestic Dash Post Hype

I'm a moderator on the Just Flight forum, and I've not had any difficulty.

Register where? You did purchase from Just flight, right?

Hi Martin, I went to the Majestic forum. Seemed logical. Yes I purchased from Just Flight which was where the Majestic website directed me.

I was able to d/load the 1.010 patch from the Majestic site and my Just Flight order number was accepted for that. But the Majestic forum requires an invitation code. Now you tell me that there is a third forum for this product at Just Flight! So confusing! Thanks for your response.

Iain Smith

Now is there any way of turning off the icing effects? I find that by the time I've realised that ice is forming it is way too late and even though I switch on all the de-ice stuff I end up losing the bird! The company and their insurers aren't amused! :lol:

Seriously though, is there any way of modifying this? If not how does everyone deal with it? De-icing on all the time or what?

Iain Smith

I fly the MJC Q400 in Norway and Alaska a lot and have never had an issue with losing the bird.  The icing alert that comes up on the Engine display catches my eye, and I turn on the icing systems, and .....well, they work!  Are you definitely operating the icing system correctly?  (there are about 4 or 5 switches involved in turning everything on, and make sure you turn on 'ref speeds' too).

i just pay attention, and if the ice detected warning comes on, i turn on the anti-ice. as long as you hit it within several minutes or so it works great.

although i must admit i don't really understand your approach of wanting to modify or remove features in the plane in the first place.. for me the reason i spent $$$ on it is to get all that extra stuff from the flight model like propwash and so forth!  hehe

Agreed - on both points! :smile:

Hi Martin, I went to the Majestic forum. Seemed logical. Yes I purchased from Just Flight which was where the Majestic website directed me.

I was able to d/load the 1.010 patch from the Majestic site and my Just Flight order number was accepted for that. But the Majestic forum requires an invitation code. Now you tell me that there is a third forum for this product at Just Flight! So confusing! Thanks for your response.

Iain Smith

It's not as confusing as you think.

The Just Flight public forum is not for support, however we do try to help when possible. It's just the public forum for discussing JF products and anything aviation related.

The Just Flight Support area is for precisely that, "support". Any info you need in regard to JF products go here. Patches, FAQ's etc.

Just flight are only the publisher of course, so obviously the developers [Majestic} forum exists too.

So that's the JF support area, and the developers support forum, that's all there is, no confusion, just like any flight sim add-on.

But the Majestic forum requires an invitation code.

I joined the Majestic forum a while back, don't remember any invitation code, but it appears it is required now. But it's not an issue at all. I found the following in a few seconds, without logging in...

This is the majestic forum.

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/

As you can see, you can view the forum without registering or requiring an "invitation code". When you do view the forum without logging in, the following is clearly posted...

kroswynd July 12

All personnel MUST LOGIN to be able to POST topics on the forum.

If you desire an "invitation code" in order to gain access to the forum, please send us an email with the listed items below this message to our Support Department, or if you are a Facebook user, you can send a Private Message via our Facebook page.

Please be sure to include your:

1. Full Name

2. Email Address

3. Vendor from which you purchased your MJC Q400

4. the Order Number

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to seeing and interacting with you in the forums.

The Majestic Software Team

http://majesticsoftware.com/forums/discussion/1456/accessing-the-majestic-software-forums

Majestic are obviously just being a bit more cautious than usual in regard to who accesses the forum for support.

If you want to email your details to majestic in order to contribute to the forum, the address is here...

http://majesticsoftware.com/mjc8q400/support.html

although i must admit i don't really understand your approach of wanting to modify or remove features in the plane in the first place.. for me the reason i spent $$$ on it is to get all that extra stuff from the flight model like propwash and so forth! hehe

In an ideal world you are right, but it's not an ideal world. Those of us that use a yoke and rudder pedals may indeed enjoy the prop wash effect. However, if you use a joystick it can be a less than pleasant experience for some. Precisely why myself and some others prefer it off.

Flight sim is about enjoyment, and if that means that one aspect of the flight dynamics isn't enjoyable for you, then so be it. You can disable propwash and still enjoy all of the other aspects of the aircrafts flight dynamics unadulterated.

It may also be of course, that in your non-professional opinion, Majestic may have over done the propwash effect.

although i must admit i don't really understand your approach of wanting to modify or remove features in the plane in the first place.. for me the reason i spent $$$ on it is to get all that extra stuff from the flight model like propwash and so forth! hehe

It's quite simple Andy, it's a matter of practicalities for one. I have limited space for my rig and whereas I could, just about, find space for a yoke and pedals, I have nowhere to store them when not in use and my simming/computer room is already far too cluttered for my wife's liking. Also, as a pensioner, I have higher priorities for my money.

So, as Martin has already said, handling propwash with a joystick I do not find enjoyable. In fact there is much about real world flying that I would not find enjoyable and I wouldn't want to be a real pilot. I sim for enjoyment and found icing a PITA. However, Martin has pointed out some things that might help there so I'll persevere with that.

I do wonder about the icing, however. I did a short hop from Bristol UK (EGGD) to Jersey in the Channel Isles (EGJJ) at FL160 and no icing occured. I then, after a very short turnaround, did the return journey at FL150 and before I'd reached cruise I had icing. But the weather conditions had not changed!

Iain Smith

@Lain

One can dis-able the PROPWASH in the .ini [YAW_DUE_TO_PROPWASH    =1.0] by changing the value to 0.  If you require access to post on the Majestic forums, which is the preferred method for faster assistance, please forward to me via PM or to our support email your:
1.  Full Name
2.  Email address
3.  Vendor from which you purchased the MJC Q400
4.  Order Number

Best Regards

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos