Sign in to follow this  
betelgeuse

Piper aircraft

Just Flght have an Archer and Warrior as part of their Flying Club series that can be picked up fairly cheap. They're older style (FS9 made flyable in FSX)

All of our Flying Club aircraft were updated to be FSX native several years ago. Some updated avionics were added as well as the ability to click on passengers in the VC to remove them, and the ability to alter passenger load using the fuel/payload menu within FS.

Thanks

Martyn - Just Flight

Martyn - Just Flight

My biggest complaint with the Just Flight aircraft is the passenger models that are visible even in the VC view. They look horrible. I like to have some weight in the right seat even when I'm simulating flying alone, since FS aircraft tend to bank excessively toward the left if you put 0 in the right seat. However with the Duchess, this places a downright scary looking passenger model in the right seat :( Is it the same with the Archer?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

You should be able to simply click on the passenger in the VC to visually remove them without needing to alter the aircraft payload/weight.

The passenger models date from approximately 2004 so they are obviously not of the same standard as the passenger models you now get in our aircraft, however they were/are very good compared to other FS aircraft from the same period.

Martyn - Just Flight

Any thoughts on the alabeo PA38? I would LOVE to have a good payware quality paper tomahawk.

It's not out yet, but it's sure to be great, visually.

......... for the flight model, we'll have to wait and see!

JimmiG, on 02 Jul 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

My biggest complaint with the Just Flight aircraft is the passenger models that are visible even in the VC view. They look horrible. I like to have some weight in the right seat even when I'm simulating flying alone, since FS aircraft tend to bank excessively toward the left if you put 0 in the right seat. However with the Duchess, this places a downright scary looking passenger model in the right seat :( Is it the same with the Archer?

The passengers can be removed with a simple mouse click! No need to look at them. In fact you're meant to be flying the plane and keeping a good lookout!

Removing them has no effect on payload/take off weight so you can relax about that.

Having trained in a Cherokee I'm very impressed with the flight model - it's the best of all the many PA28s I've flown. With Accufeel you can almost feel the buffeting and the wind noise.

I have to disagree with some folks about the textures. To me the VC panel is excellent - and I generally hate VC panels. The colour is good, there are nice reflections and the instruments are easy to read - no peering at fuzzy fonts here. I like the skins too - there are 25 for the Archer but you have to read the manual to find out how to access them - a clever idea to save loading times etc. A layered paintkit is provided if you want to paint your own.

All this for £15. And, a word of thanks to Just Flight for its easy download system - there are no complicated manoeuvrings with tools, wrappers, codes or serial numbers. All you need is your logon email address and your JF password - and you can download your package as often as you like. Great stuff!

John

Supporter.png

John

Thanks for the positive feedback John!

Martyn - Just Flight

Martyn - Just Flight

Meh that ones alright... Been out since FSX arrived. Flies pretty well but VC is pretty poor.

The just flight version is better, specifically the FDE. It was done by Rob from Realair which is why it's so good. The VC isn't quite up to par with other addons these days. I also did my PPL ASEL in a warrior III so I prefer the JF version for the FDE.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Don't tell John, but Just Flight have the Archer and Duchess on special this weekend!

Don't tell John, but Just Flight have the Archer and Duchess on special this weekend!

That's the thanks I get!  :(  

Supporter.png

John

Actually JF have been selling their Flying Club Archer III for £15 ... (their older Flying Club Warrior is £10) ........ however! .......... Simmarket have the Archer III at 12 Euros, so quite a bit cheaper at present than buying it direct from JF.  :smile:

(This doesn't factor in the  above mentioned JF sale, this weekend, so maybe it will become cheaper from JF again).